4.0 out of 5 stars A reminder to fellow buyers...
I am a huge fan of Madonna and have been for years. I own the Japan and French version of the Blond Ambition Tour on DVD and I recently purchased the Houston one.
Yes, the picture quality is poor, yes, the sound is poor, however please bear in mind that this version is a probably a more accurate depiction of what it would have actually been like at the concert...
Published 20 months ago by bernadette west

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope this isn't the fake one
Published on 1 Oct. 2007 by Mr. D. J. Woolrich

1.0 out of 5 stars Hope this isn't the fake one, 1 Oct. 2007
Mr. D. J. Woolrich (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
As an avid Madonna fan I have been after the official release of this for years. I have done a search and as it is the official release I am hoping it is the full version. The one pictured on Amazon looks like the fake I spent £20.00 which was utterly dreadful. I can't imagine Madonna'a management allowing such a poor quality DVD being released. So, instead of me pre-ordering this as I always do with Madonna's recordings I will wait and see! I work hard for my cash and am not going to take a risk again! Here's hoping!

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned - this may be a disappointing release, 31 July 2007
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
Madonna's Blonde Ambition Tour was one of her finest, but as of yet there has not been an official DVD release. It was released on laserdisc in Japan and professional recordings were also made in Nice, France and Barcelona, for TV broadcast.

This is probably the same release that has been available in Belgium and the Netherlands for a while now - if so it will be a recording from Houston, and it is well known for its poor quality in both picture and (especially) sound. Almost certainly not an official, professional release, I suggest you buy with caution. Does that sleeve look official to you?

1.0 out of 5 stars Is This A Fake, or Is It a Bootleg?!, 7 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this at ebay today and when I listened to the DVD, the sound was horrible. I mean, Madonna would never realese this showoff. I think this was realesed to FOOL people that this would be a good DVD! NOT!!,and I wasted 20 pounds over this rubbish!! Oh no, it also has terrible picture projection and like what is this? I thought that this would be good-flavored. I called eBay and returned this crap and I mean, if you want to buy this, then yopu will waste precious pounds over a show-off DVD. Oh and if you are lucky that you have a LaserDisc player, you can buy the Blond Ambition Live! LaserDisc at eBay instead of this!

Nothing positive about this DVD there is!!

1.0 out of 5 stars It's taken this long, so......., 18 Aug. 2007
Hi,

I have to say I have been awaiting the release of this on DVD for a number of years. I cannot see why WHV have not released it, even now as this is not a WMV release. I have to agree with the previous review, the packaging does not look professional and if the item is available for rental then perhaps renting before purchasing may be the better option.

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree - this looks like a fake, 7 Sept. 2007
L. Stajic Dexter (Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
If this is the same DVD that's been on ebay for a while now - and it certainly looks it from the picture - you will be HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED with it. The picture quality is bad and the sound quality is even worse. I have to give it 1 star as I can't give it zero. Please be warned, I was one of the mugs who bought it!

1.0 out of 5 stars I am not buying this until I know it is official, 12 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been over the Madonna.com website and I don't believe this is an official copy of the show. I am very dubious as I haven't heard anything about a release. Be careful as what everybody is saying is true this has been all over Ebay - and is very dodgy quality.

However I can't imagine Amazon would sell something that isn't official so hopefully we will get a spokesperson from Amazon to tell us what is going on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Im sure Madonna wouldn`t have it in her house!, 7 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
I have read the reviews myslef and 100% agree. This is just terrible and not the sort of DVD Madonna would consent to releasing. Well, I hope not. I remember the concert shown in the U.K. on TV. It was live from Barcelona. Although the Like a Virgin scene had been cut, Madonna herself was not only looking great but sounded great in it. For a long time I tried to get hold of this concert on DVD and when I saw it had been released I snapped it up! I was disgusted when I had to trun my TV up full blast and still could not hear good. The tour in Japan is good but certainly not as good as when Madonna performed in Nice France or Barcelona Spain which I have also watched. Still a big Madonna fan though, I hope in time she gets round to releasing the best performance of her Blonde Ambition Tour but does the same with her Re-invention Tour which I eagerly await. Best be patient and dont waste your money on this DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars caution!, 23 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
I also bought a copy from ebay which was absolute rubbish. Having spotted it on HMV website and hoping this was an offical release i went down to my local HMV store where i was told they would not be stocking it. so i believe this copy is the same or they would be stocking it.Maybe someone from amazon can shed some light on this i would love to be wrong as i beleive this was madonna's best tour to date. Here's hoping!

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not worth the money, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
I was tying to grab a little of the past buying this item, even though the delivery was very good the product wasnt, it was as if someone had recorded this with their home movie equipment very poor quality and really not worth the money, it was way too dark and the sound was really bad. If you see this item and think its a good price, its not!

1.0 out of 5 stars madonna blonde ambition touir, 13 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD] (DVD)
rubbish sound and picture quality and still awaiting refund from rogers Electrical despite sending item back ages ago!!So wont be making anymore purchases from Amazon until this matter is resolved

Madonna: Blond Ambition Tour 1990 [DVD]