on 24 January 2012
This is a great game for the family, or between 6+ year olds. It's fun, nicely illustrated and takes only about 15-20 minutes to play. The only downside is the cards are a bit flimsy - £10 for essentially a pack of thin cards is a little pricey, which is why it loses a point.
on 26 October 2011
i love this game!it is really fun!we took ours on a camping trip and it went into my back pack no problem.i even gave one to a friend for her birthday and now its her favourite game.i like it that its a quick game and my little sister is always asking to play a game too!
on 18 January 2014
My little girl loves this and all the family have joined in. It's easy to learn. Anyone has the potential to win, even if they look like they are losing. Love it. Will buy it for a gift for my nephew next and am looking at the other games in the range.
on 24 June 2013
This has been played and played in our family for the last few months - mum, dad, 6 and 8 year olds with lots of friends and family made to play it too. One game takes 5-15 minutes, but my 6 year old would happily play this 20 times a day if we let him - we love it too, but not quite that much! Easy to understand once you've played it a couple of times, and gets the kids practising their addition without them even realising. Combination of tactics and luck, so even the youngest could win to start with and over time he has worked out the tactics as well. (It says it's for age 8+ but 5+ enjoy it provided they can add numbers up to 10.) Comes in small box (and you could just take the cards out to keep it even smaller) so great for taking on holiday.
on 14 February 2013
Well, it is essentially a card game.
What you pay for, when buying it, is less the originality of the concept, and more the 79 beautifully illustrated cards.
I bought the set as an introduction to card games for my 5-year-old daughter and she enjoyed playing with it.
She had no difficulty grasping the rules, or doing the sums, as the later involve only simple addition. However, after having played it a few times in its 2 player-version, she was slightly bored.
If played with two players, the game tends to get into an infinite loop, after all the queens have been waken up... I can imagine it being more fun when 3-4 players join in!
And also, plastic version of the cards would have added to the set's durability and hence value.
on 7 November 2013
My daughter was introduced to this game by her after school club and was so excited when she opened her birthday present and found that she had her very own version. Fund way of practicing her maths skills.
on 10 June 2015
We absolutely love this game bought on the recommendation of a friend with 4 children of varying ages. I have just the one child, boy of 7 and he has now mastered the rules a little too well! What i love about these games is that once you have learnt the rules you can slightly adapt them for younger children or make the game last a little longer etc for older ones. The title of the game may put boys off which would be a shame as it is all about strategy, memory and a bit of maths and my son finds it hilarious when he manages to get a good card from me. Well worth the price for the entertainment it brings. Will be one to take on holiday with us.
on 1 August 2013
This is a great game infact brilliant. Played by my 6 year old 9 and 11 year old who love it and can all play.
Easy to get started and as a tough critic to games this scores 10 out 0f 10 by us
on 14 October 2014
All of our children's friends want to play this game when they come over. It's easy to learn and fun. The making equations with your numbered cards rule is great practice for the kids as well.
on 18 May 2014
Kids ages range from 3-7 both boys and girls all enjoy this game for the last couple of months its been the most wanted game in the house!
Throughly recommend