5.0 out of 5 stars Wake Up to Sleeping Queens!
Brilliant! My girls (aged 6/9/10 when we first bought it) have played this loads, especially on a camping holiday round Europe. All the Gamewright card games are great because they're essentially so simple, yet they have a design and wit about them that makes them very appealing. This game was inspired by an idea from a girl of about 6 and her (games inventor) dad so...
Published on 5 Mar 2008 by C. Page

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent me to sleep
Got this for the kids (7 & 9) for Christmas based on all the rave reviews, and was sorely disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's nicely produced, has decent artwork, good cardstock and the rules are clear. So what's the problem? Well, if you don't mind your games being completely luck-based there isn't one, and the kids have quite enjoyed playing a couple of games here...
Published 15 months ago by wegotjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present this Christmas, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
Our six year old has played this at every opportunity she has had. It is suitable for all the adults too without getting boring. Doing sums with the number cards is great education without it feeling like a chore, and she has been honing her strategy. I thought the rules may be too complex for her at first but it's only me that forgets them! I can't praise this card game enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars game reviewers, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
i love this game!it is really fun!we took ours on a camping trip and it went into my back pack no problem.i even gave one to a friend for her birthday and now its her favourite game.i like it that its a quick game and my little sister is always asking to play a game too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good card game for all ages, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
My daughter was bought this game for christmas when she was 8. Her younger sister was able to understand and play it too (at age 7). Once you have read the instructions and understand what each card means and the way the game is played, anyone can enjoy this game. It can last from 5 to 20 minutes. My daughter takes it to school when allowed and it doesn't take long for her to explain how to play to her friends. So it's not too difficult. No reason why boys wouldn't enjoy it too as some of the cards have kings and jesters on, so not completely girly. Adults can join in too. I don't mind joining in when asked to by my daughters. I think it's quite pricey, around a fiver would be more like it, but makes a good present for any young girl over age 6 in my view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen of Card Games, 23 Aug 2014
Withnail67 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
A really lively and fun family card game that our youngster loves. Beautifully designed and packaged, with simple play, easy rules, and enough depth for adult players. Quirky sense of humour reveals children's input into the design. We loved playing this on holiday - even got them away from their tablets! We'll be buying Gamewright again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all the Family, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
Kids ages range from 3-7 both boys and girls all enjoy this game for the last couple of months its been the most wanted game in the house!
Throughly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, competitive game which enables children to think quickly and learn the art of strategy., 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
This is a game which lasts for years and enables a mixed age range to thoroughly enjoy. The illustrations are engaging and stand the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
My little girl loves this and all the family have joined in. It's easy to learn. Anyone has the potential to win, even if they look like they are losing. Love it. Will buy it for a gift for my nephew next and am looking at the other games in the range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgone conclusion, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
My daughter was introduced to this game by her after school club and was so excited when she opened her birthday present and found that she had her very own version. Fund way of practicing her maths skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
Sleeping Queens is currently our family's favourite card game, requested over and over again by our 5yo and (almost) 8yo and equally enjoyed by us parents. While the age recommendation is from 8 years, our 5yo has no problems with the rules and tactics of the game (although she does need help with basic addition which is a minor component). Highly recommended, as well as the other Gamewright card games, where the ones we have tried all have great staying power:

- Duck Duck Bruce (simple push your luck game, perfect from as early as 3-4 and great fun for adults as well, our favourite after Sleeping Queens, perfect to bring to restaurants/airports)
- Zeus on the loose (great fun and a game we happily play with our 8yo, but slightly higher age bracket than Sleeping Queen as addition skills are needed (although of course children learn unknowingly as they play...))
- Rat a Tat Cat (the first Gamewright game we tried with our then 5,5 yo, a firm favourite for a year or so until displaced by Duck Duck Bruce, but still very much recommended.)

(Come to think of it, we have also tried Too Many Monkeys which is quite uninteresting, at least to adults. Try the above ones instead.)

5.0 out of 5 stars fun game for young children, 30 Sep 2013
Carole Lovesey (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game (Toy)
We played this with some friends at their house and enjoyed it, so ordered our own set. Good quality cards with lovely designs. Including the friends, all the children (from 5 to 9yo) enjoyed it and so did the adults. And it's the sort of game that children and adults can play equally (so long as your children will let your Knight steal away their favourite Queen, which my two are not always very keen on ;o) ). Players need to hold the cards in their hand, so we also bought the Gamewright Original Little Hands Card Holders, which makes life a lot easier for those with small hands.

Gamewright Sleeping Queens Game