5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best
I have played virtually all of the Nancy Drew titles and I have to say that this was one of the best!
The storyline made complete sense and finding clues and solving puzzles were logical, not random like some other games.
Published on 21 Aug. 2005 by Mrs. Nicola Le Page

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun,quirky and interesting game
Published on 20 Dec. 2010 by Margaret Sayers

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best, 21 Aug. 2005
Mrs. Nicola Le Page "Nicki" (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
All of the puzzles were hard enough to keep you interested but not so hard that you felt like giving up. The mini golf course took me a while to master - but I had fun doing it. Also, driving your car around the town was great fun and a new aspect to this type of game.
I would recommend this game to all Nancy Drew fans and also to other adventure gamers. It is well worth the money - although the only downside is that it is over a little too soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Mar. 2007
Mr. S. Broad "StevieB" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
This game is a sort of fusion of a few of the Nancy Drew books and it was great fun to play. Some of the puzzles/tasks were unusual and good fun - the characters larger than life and amusing. It was pretty hard to work out exactly who the villian was!

This is a great game to add to your collection if you are a fan of Nancy Drew Interactive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual dignity, 18 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
This game is pleasant, though both the plot and the puzzles do not match with the rest of the series. The storyline is quite simple, the problems are easier than usual. Apart of this, we have a delicious game, relaxing, funny, charming as ever. There's no reason to refuse it. For the very first time we can directly navigate the map using a car (with all the related problems of consume and damages): a simple addiction that works very well. There's a Golf Course, too, say: an "in-game"... delicious. Actually, the dominant color of this game is "green"; as you walk in the inn garden you are surrounded by the nature. The feeling is that this is an intercalary episode... but as all the small meaningful episodes of life, it deserves to be lived.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun,quirky and interesting game, 20 Dec. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
This nancy drew game is about the tenth I have played.It did not dissapoint.My critisism is only that it was short(I played it fully in two days with about 12 hours of game play) though senior mode may take longer.The driving was fun but telegram deliveries could be tedious and barely covered the cost of fuel.However the point is to become familiar with the town which helps at the end, and to become a good driver.I was pretty good at that part!This is essential at the end when catching the villain, so do as much driving as you can.

A great adventure, just would have liked more spookiness and a longer game.But good graphics, interesting story,and best of all the puzzles were the easiest to solve of the ND games I've played-after Blackmoor manor this was a relief!A great way to while away a day or two for adults and kids alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret of the old clock, 25 April 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
I like the Nancy Drew games,this one being no exception.I found at times I was losing part interest,but other parts made me keep going.You have to think and think again whilst doing errands and working out next bit of the puzzle,its a good family game and gets everyone thinking and at end of day thats what it's all about The Dialogue can be a bit annoying but sound reductions a great thing!!!!...Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars So so, 14 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
This is not one of my most favourite Nancy Drew games but neither is it terrible. I loved the areas to explore in this game and I loved the mystery, it has a great deal to do with Shakespeare which I have a good knowledge of already so I felt pretty clever! However the fact that I loved these things about the game is easily cancelled out by the tedious and time wasting errands and chores you have to do. No one will give you any information unless you do something for them and I found myself driving all over the place running errand that had nothing to do with solving the mystery. Some places aren't even marked on the map so you waste petrol and money trying to find them and then have to run even more errands to earn more money. About the driving, would say using a mouse is much easier then arrow keys. However I really did enjoy exploring the locations and solving the puzzles which solve the mystery (when you are not driving about). Overall I would say it is definately worth playing this game as it is very clever but just bring alot of patience with you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Secret of the Old Clock - Review of Game, 28 Feb. 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
February 2010

I am about half way through this game and am finding it very difficult to complete.
I could go on at length but 2 things spring to mind.

1. I find the instructions for the puzzles very, very poor.
2. The four words needed to open the Carriage House ( Keen, Omar, Pony & Lois ) are totally illogical to link to this problem and I have only made progress by looking at a "Walkthrough"

I have also bought "Nancy Drew and the Haunted Carousel". If it is equally impossible I will NOT be buying any more Nancy Drew Adventures.

Sandy Duncan

3.0 out of 5 stars old clock, 4 Mar. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
You can tell this is the first in the series as some of the tasks are a bit laborious (car errands, sewing, golf scores) and navigation from one place to another has too many steps. However, this doesn't spoil an enjoyable detective game. A great game if you like puzzle/adventure games rather than the shoot em ups or hidden object games that are saturating the market at the moment....

Thoroughly recommend Scarlet Hand which is another game in this series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Oct. 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
This game was ok until we did the spooky puzzle. Every time we did it nothing happened, and it was right. We looked at the game walk through and it said that after you complete the puzzle something would happen, but it didnt. We even tryed emailing Her interactive but they couldn't help. This might of been a fault with this particular game, but it wasnt that exciting anyway. And it took AGES to get around town!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but lacking thrills, 4 May 2007
This review is from: Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) (Video Game)
I thought this ND game was well put together, but lacked the usual thrills and excitement, there wasnt a great deal that could go wrong. Usually the suspect tries to bump Nancy off or gives her a few scary warnings which is far more exciting than being left to solve the mystery in peace ;)

It was a nice touch to have the roadster, and the chase at the end was good, but it was over far too soon for my liking and probably the easiest ND game I've played so far, even in Senior Detective mode!

Still, good games and puzzles, graphics were fair too!

Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC)
Nancy Drew Secret Of The Old Clock (PC) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP)