5.0 out of 5 stars Fishy, 21 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
I already own the Food heroes DVD and bought this recently. It's very interesting to see how Rick Stein has come on as a TV presenter as he is definitely much less comfortable in front of the camera in this series than in the later one.
However don't let this put you off as his slightly clumsy presentation is naively charming rather than annoying and the recipes are fantastic.
As is ever the way with his dishes he does seem to have some difficulty on occasion with plating them up. For a professional chef he tends to just bung stuff on a plate rather than making a visual feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. Of particular note in this regard is the whole turbot which he cooks. It looks perfectly done and I'm sure was delicious but I've never seen a less appetising looking presentation in my life.
The travel is relevant and interesting and the camerawork is great. The markets around the world make you yearn for similar quality in the UK and are fascinating.
This is definitely one I'll be watching again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing for compliments, 7 Sept. 2010
BM Edwards (Durban, South Africa.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
I suppose that there are some folk who baulk at Rick Stein & his foodie-chat - leave them to suffer the delights of their packaged, supermarket convenience-dinners. Rick Stein shows what they could have had instead - with a little TLC, effort & imagination. One gets what one the marketing guys at M&S, Tesco, Sainsburys etc. want to fob you off with! Try the Rick Stein method - and taste the difference - at a fraction of the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
What more can I say Rick Stein is Brilliant chef, also has a great way in producing cookery programs likehis Mediterranean Escapes the man is so cool the way he describes the flavours and simplicity of the region's wonderful cuisine, personly I love his Travelling films as they show the places he goes love it

5.0 out of 5 stars His first love, 10 July 2009
S. Doubleday "Chumbles" (The Planet Zog) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent series and a brilliant presenter of food. There's something really infectious about Rick Stein's love of seafood. The food he cooks looks brilliant and I've followed one or two of the dishes enough to cook them myself.

Well worth buying and keeping to watch on cold, rainy winter nights in the UK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family viewing, 2 Dec. 2011
Ian Dempster - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
My 3 boys (4,6,8) love watch this, and so do I. It has great colour, sound, wriggling things from the sea, etc. I think it may also be getting them into enjoying food more.

Rick is so passionate that he gets everyone involved. It is a bargain for the amount of viewing pleasure it has provided.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a fish lover but!!!, 4 July 2007
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
We love this DVD, Rick's passion for food at his best. He grabs every moment to enchant us with his easy style. My hubby and I share his love of food and watch this DVD least once a month. Not a lover of fish myself however I enjoy every moment. We wonder why more cooks/chefs do not make DVD'S especially visiting different parts of the world exploring new dishes with Ricks passion and enthusiasm. A must for foodies you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little series, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
Good cookery programs from my favorite TV chef. I bought the DVD as I thought I must have missed the odd episode over the years. This was not the case it is a very short series. Does not bother me at all but it may put some people off as there are only six episodes. Not me though I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
I collect books, DVDs and CDs of all kinds and all subjects. This is a new interest so wanted some appropriate items. Good price and excellent transaction. Would use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is just fun to watch, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
Whether or not you actually cook the recipes on offer; Rick is just entaining to watch as he explores this wonderful country.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] (DVD)
I only buy what I want when I buy dvds or cds so I know what to expect so unless there is a fault, they are always good

Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD]
Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey [DVD] by Rick Stein (DVD - 2005)