5.0 out of 5 stars Shut your eyes and go back in time...............
What a brilliant album, it has so much atmoshere and Bobby's voice is really cool. In the sleeve note Jerry Wexler makes comparisons to Otis Redding, and I thought this was bull just to sell it. But the more I listen to it the more I think this might have been how an older Otis might have sounded. It's produced by Dann Penn and has his feel running right through it...
Published on 5 May 2006 by The Realsoulbluesman

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer with James.
I bought this and listened to it but I prefer other Southern Soul albums like James Carr and Dan Penn.
Published 5 months ago by Dg Truby

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut your eyes and go back in time..............., 5 May 2006
The Realsoulbluesman "MikeT" (Clitheroe, Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Better To Have It (Audio CD)

Put it on the car CD, turn it up loud and open the windows. I guarentee it will make you break out in a big grin - other drivers will think you have won some money.

Appart from "the Pond" which is abit odd, I don't think there is a weak track. My faves are the title track "Better to have it", "Nobody's Home", "Hate to see you go" and "Testimony of a fool"

There is some great Spooner Oldham organ and some tidy Memphis horn playing. If you love old Stax and Atalantic soul this is for you - Stax for the new century.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer with James., 1 April 2014
Dg Truby "Denis Truby" (Slough Berks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Better To Have It (Audio CD)

Better to Have It
Better to Have It by Bobby Purify (Audio CD - 2005)