Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 June 2006
FM were around in the mid 80`s. I bought there 1st album "Indiscreet" when it came out. It`s a British AOR classic well worth purchasing again. Great songs & a nice glossy production make this an enjoyable listen. Like most Rock/Metal fans of a certain age i`m in the process of building up my CD collection & replacing my vinyl collection & to be honest i never thought about replacing this album but when i saw it & in a special 2 album CD pack i couldn`t resist it !!

This pack contains both "Indiscreet" & "Tough It Out" there`s a nice little booklet included that explains what happend to the band & the coming & going of members. For my money "Tough It Out" isn`t as good as "Indiscreet" It`s a very very American sounding album alot of the tracks were co-written by Desmond Child & it shows the 1st half of the album is very Bland sounding but the 2nd half improves & there are some good songs here. noticably "Burning My Heart Down" "Obsession" "Does It Feel Like Love" & the closing track "Feels So Good" But it`s for "Indiscreet" that you want to buy this CD package from the opening "That Girl" you can tell what this album is going to be like & clean rock/metal guitar sounds reminiscent of bands like Styx, Kansas & the AOR masters Journey. Then we get "Other Side Of Midnight" a nice uptempo catchy hook filled tune before the mid tempo "Love Lies Dying" & "I Belong To The Night" both catchy singalongable tunes. Next up it`s the single "American Girls" & my personnal fav "Hot Wired" a slow intro reminiscent of Def Lepperds "Hysteria" before opening up to a nice faster paced tempo & dripping nice catchy hooks all over the place. "Face To Face" brings the tempo down slightly & "Frozen Heart" slows it down even further both very catchy tunes as well before "Heart Of The Matter" picks up the tempo & finish`s the album. Having listend to this album again it`s amazing how big an influence this album actually had. There are more than a few passing sounds & ideas reminiscent of Def Lepperds "Hysteria" which came out a year or so later. Well worth buying highly recommended
on 21 January 2009
After being given an ipod for Christmas I spent a few days going through boxes and un-earthing my old CD/Tape collection. I had completely forgotten that I had Indiscreet and Tough It Out on tape and immediately fired up the computer to see if I could buy the album's on CD....I'm so glad I did! I was transported back to the late 80's where I saw FM twice at the Bristol Beer Keller with a bank colleague who was the most unlikely rock fan! I remember being instantly hooked to the music and the long haired rockers singing it weren't bad either! If you liked what my husband refers to as "Soft Rock" in the 1980's, you'll love FM so go on and treat yourself, you won't be disappointed.
on 19 November 2007
I saw FM live in the 80s supporting Magnum and have always liked them.
This double cd is great and has some brilliant tracks.
Well worth a listen to if you like bands such as Def leppard.. it isn't heavy but quality music in my opinion.
on 21 December 2011
Indiscreet should have been a world beater like Slippery When Wet and FM should have been as big in America as Def Leppard. The Overland brothers had tasted some success in Wildlife
at the start of the '80's, and this should have been the calling card for international success. Poor promotion by CBS label "Portrait" killed it stone dead. Tough It Out not as good as Indiscreet, then the band went on a merry go round of different labels, each one promoting less and less, and effectively burying the band for many years.METROPOLIS has proved that Steve Overland can still write a decent rock song(he's at the top of the photos) and put on a hell of a good show live, but they could have been playing to thousands each night, not hundreds if either of these two albums had taken flight.
on 30 January 2013
Had both of these albums since the 80's and loved them from the first listen.
Fantastic melodies, catchy songs and great musicianship that continues at their live shows, (I've experienced quite a few) should have been given more media attention.
FM are one of those bands that deserved more success than they've had and it just goes to show that no matter how much talent a band has, it won't get big without the hype and a big lucky break.
These two albums are great AOR offerings that won't disappoint. Buy them, and then buy their whole back catalogue - you won't be disappointed.
I'm just waiting for March when I'll be seeing them live again! :)
on 10 February 2013
If you feel like some good AOR stuff from the 80s, this is the choice for you. Guitars, keyboards, melodies - all you have desired is there.
on 9 August 2014
These recordings seem a bit flat, compressed and lacking in the dynamic range of the vinyl version
on 22 September 2015
They should have been more successful its a shame cos they a brilliant.
on 10 April 2015
Forgotten just how good these are :)
on 2 January 2015
Tough it out the stronger of the two