Format: DVD|Change
Price:£6.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 15 August 2005
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this film in the DVD shop as I have been looking forward to seeing this film for ages! I love everything about this film (except the first scene when they show men shooting the pheasants, which I felt was unnecessary) Its a shame there isn't more extras but the documentary, showing the film being made was very interesting.
on 7 June 2012
The product was as described apart from a line on the left hand side which is present throughout the viewing which is unfortunate. I would have liked to have known this before I purchased the product as I understood the product was brand new I am unsure how this line would appear. It is a great story and awesome DVD.
on 26 July 2014
I use this story in teaching Ebglish in Norway. The language of the book is well suited for the knowledge of English one finds among the 13/14 years youngsters in Norway.
The film has only excellent actors. Iron's son is perfect as Danny. Robbie Coltrane is totally disgusting.
on 11 October 2014
I didn't know what to expect buying second hand , but I recieved a perfect copy for the children in class to watch as part of Roald Dahl week . It arrived in less than half the time stated. Overall really impressed and would definitely use them again.
on 8 September 2013
Remembered watching this a few times over the years and always liked it, very nice to re visit this story, i grew up on a shooting estate, a way of life threatened by an ever expanding urban landscape. A great record of how our country used to be.
on 28 November 2013
This is one of my wife's favourite films which she watched with our children and now our grandchildren want to watch it with her. Alas the video recording we had is now so old we wanted another copy. This one is great and much appreciated
on 12 August 2013
The item arrived quickly and in perfect condition, with 2 of my children having just read the book we were very excited to watch and were not disappointed. A great addition to our movies and has now prompted reading the witches.
on 2 June 2016
Better than the book, plot is tweaked to give Mr Victor Hazel a stronger motivation to be his dastardly self. Appalling sound quality - mumrmured dialogue one minute, booming background noise in the next scene.
on 26 December 2014
beautifully done, one of my favourite Roald Dahl stories brought convincingly to life, true father-son relationship between Jeremy Irons and his son enhances the characterisation and makes a delightful film
on 8 April 2016
i bought one off e bay and sent it back because the sound quality was very poor. bought one off amazon just the same very poor sound quality. this item ought to be checked for sound quality and withdrawn.