4.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it
If you like Fall Out Boy - chances are you'll like this. Paramore blend pop-punk and emo together in a similar way, making them very enjoyable to listen to. Particular favourites of mine would have to be "Pressure" and "Conpiracy", and all of the other tracks also have clearly had a high standard of effort, passion and talent put into them. Personally, I love it...
Published on 17 Jun. 2006 by Sophie

Published on 25 Feb. 2007 by Mr. J. I. Ding

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 17 Jun. 2006
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)

Technically, this album is brilliant. Catchy lyrics, musically good, so why no 5th star? Well, chances are, if you like Fall Out Boy you probably have a whole bunch of other records like this right now. If they didn't have a girl as a singer, they would not stand out from massive influx of American pop-punk-emo bands who aren't old enough to drink. It slips a little too close to cliche-emo at times, eg, on "Never Let This Go" the first line "maybe if my heart stops beating it won't hurt this much" is, let's say this nicely, far from the most impressive line on the album.

So, should you buy this album? If you LIKE pop-punk-emo, then no. You probably have enough already. But if you LOVE pop-punk-emo, then you'll absolutely love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one is a winner, 18 Aug. 2007
Ms. N. Boden "04nbod" (merseyside,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
Firstly we cant deny hayley williams wonderful set of lungs. She sings and that is refreshing in a modern rock band. Her songwriting is heartfelt and she seems way beyond her years- the band are still teenagers and you would never guess. These guys are the most enjoyable from their record label which also manages fallout boy and panic at the disco. I hope that this band doesn't fade away the same way panic at the disco did and have staying power like fallout boy. They do have an ace up their sleeves though- they straddle genres. Their sound could be considered punk but has also been labeled power pop.

The best song on the album is 'emergency'. A song about living in a broken home and its effects on your own relationships. Its note for note perfect. It has a loud background noise but the melody of Hayleys voice softens it perfectly. Its socially relevant and a damn good listen. This will be the track you have on repeat!

Whoa is the set starter. You can imagine them coming on stage and the party starting as they perform 'we get everybody singing'. The energy is packed into the recording to the point it can't help but move to the beat.

There are no low points on this album. Every song has its own merits and is well worth the listen as are the acoustic versions if you come across them. They really showcase Hayleys voice. Their sound is probably not too different to other bands out there but they do it better than other bands. The main thing is that they have produced an album where every song could be a single

5.0 out of 5 stars (para)MORE please, 9 Dec. 2006
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
This is an unbelievable album. I saw this band at the Mean Fiddler in London, and it's the best gig I've ever been to. The energy was just incredible, and the songs are made to be played live.

Trying to pick out a favourite track is hard, because I change my mind with every listen. The faster tracks, such as Pressure, are catchy and are sure to have your foot tapping. The slower tracks still maintain high energy and high impact. Brighter is beautiful, the lyrics are great, I really can't rave about it enough. In my opinion, every track could be a single here, there's just no weak part.

I'd recommend this band to anybody who's into rock/indie/pop music. Give it a few listens, the songs'll soon be stuck in your head. It's hard to think of a similar band, but if you like Taking Back Sunday, this is a similar type of music, but better.

My album of the year.

(&& sorry about the cheesy title to this review!)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Devil's Own ( "Hell Yeah !" #2 ), 6 April 2008
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
The Wolf takes a backward step today, having only recently absorbed the
singular delights of Paramore's more recent release 'Riot', to consider their
debut album 'All We Know Is Falling'.

What a splendid first outing we have here. From the opening crash and burn
of 'All We Know' to the firey closure of 'My Heart' - 10 songs containing
enough energy to keep a small Arkansas town well lit for a week or more.

My attention having turned to the album's credit page I became somewhat absorbed
by all four band members' thanks and acknowlegements to Jesus Christ.

From his aetheist / existential-humanist perspective The Wolf would like
to believe that this talented terrestrial foursome have achieved a modicum of greatness
through their own significant merits.

Rock and Roll is (as we have all known for fifty years and more) the Devil's
own music. Mr Presley (who may not yet have left the building) and more recently
Mr Cave have long borne witness to this troublesome dilemma.

Listen carefully to the closing bars of the final track and there behind the
splendid Ms Williams' left shoulder you will hear confirmation of The Dark One's
continuing maleficent influence over young and impressionable souls everywhere.

Perhaps he too should receive some small acknowlegement of his own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wow, a review that doesn't just say "It's great, buy it" with no qualification, 25 Feb. 2007
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
Paramore are good at what they do. You can tell from their record label what kind of music they're going to produce, and it doesn't dissapoint. This is both a positive and negative thing...if we overlook, for now at least, the fact that the lead singer is female, then they don't really add anything new to the pop-punk/emo/power-pop/whatever the hell it's called now genre as it is now.

Having said this, there is still a lot to like here. Hayley really does have a beautiful voice and it's a refreshing change to hear this kind of music coming from a different kind of vocalist. The songs are also of a good quality, especially the first three, "Pressure" being my personal favourite. I do however, prefer the EP version of lead single "Emergency", mostly because the screaming on it really fits and sounds good. The songs drop off a little in quality but if you like the rest of Fuelled By Ramen's selection then you'll find lot's to like. Personally I think there are better examples out there, most notably the Academy Is..., but that doesn't diminsh the fact that this is a quality album, especially considering most of the band are just 17. With this in mind, perhaps I expect too much from such a young band, and there is definitely a lot of potential here. 2 or 3 albums down the line Paramore could be something very special. I certainly hope they do. As a debut album, "All We Know Is Falling" is a solid effort which bodes well for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 April 2006
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
I downloaded one of their songs because i wasnt sure whether to see them at GIAN, and now i cant stop listening to them - so much i even decided to see them BEFORE give it a name. this is such a good album, and its so refreshing to have an album like this - especially a debut. i hope this album make them gigantic, they really deserve it!!

BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One more fan for Paramore, 14 July 2013
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
I have never been that into Paramore, but with their latest album going to number 1 I decided to check out some of their stuff online. I was very impressed by the band, as the music was right up my street, being into bands that combine lyrics of love with loud rock music, and so I decided I was going to buy an album by them, and where better to start than their first?
This album is brilliant from start to end. Haley Williams has one of the best voices in rock, and thats coming from someone who up until now has only listened to bands with male singers. The opening track "All We Know" is a cool song that refers to the bassist leaving the band, and the solo is pretty cool. The songs that became singles "Pressure" and "Emergency" are very good, having the best choruses on the album. "Brighter" is a nice song that refers to a relationship break down (that's the way I interpreted it at least). "Here We Go Again" is the fifth song and has my favourite riff on the album. "Never Let This Go" like "Brighter" refers to a relationship break down, but a different kind, as Williams says she will "Never let this go". It also contains a great solo, that shows of Josh Farros skills. "Whoa" is a song that is clearly meant to be played live, but still sounds good on record. "Conspiracy" is the song that I would say is the most emo and appealing of all the tracks, as Williams sings of the world conspiring against her, which every teenager has felt at one point. "Franklin" is about the town the band come from, with the main lyric being "Everything has changed!", and so most listeners will be able to relate to the song as they will have moved from one town to another, and on returning to their home town they find it isn't how they remembered it. The final song is "My Heart", and it is the heaviest track on the album, starting off with as innocent little song about love only to turn into a "scremo" song which upon the first listen is unexpected, yet works.
All in all this album is a must for fans of rock

4.0 out of 5 stars Paramore's Debut, 21 Nov. 2009
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
After first becoming familiar with Paramore with "Brand New Eyes", I had to go back and pick up their debut. "All We Know Is Falling" was released on July 26th of 2005, and while their first album is more subtle when compared to "Brand New Eyes", which reached out and grabbed me by the ears, ultimately they are both very good albums, and "All We Know Is Falling" is clearly a release which grows on the listener with each playing.

"All We Know" opens the album, with a solid piece which moves from fairly heavy to a more sedate bridge before returning to the heavier sound for the ending. It is a goodbye to their former bass player, who was later to return to the band, and was the third single from the album. "Pressure" is another solid piece about the pressures of being a teenager. It was the first single from the album. "Emergency" is a song about the state of modern relationships, and is one of my favorites on the album and the second single. "Brighter" is a bit slower piece, dealing with the impending break-up of a relationship from the perspective of one who doesn't want it to end. "Here We Go Again" finishes off the first half of the album. This song is also about the break-up of a relationship, but no regrets expressed or loss felt. This is the weakest of the songs on the first half of the album, which isn't hard to do considering how good the rest are.

"Never Let This Go" opens up the second half of the album much the way the first half closed, i.e. with a relationship ending song. It is little doubt why Haley wrote "Emergency" with all these songs about break-ups. At any rate, it is a good opening piece and starts off the second half well. "Whoa" continues with the relationship songs, but this one isn't breaking up yet. It is another solid piece and probably could have been released as a single. "Conspiracy" is another very good song with exceptional vocals, the lyrics aren't very specific, but it appears to be dealing with the feelings most teenagers have of being on the outside. "Franklin" deals with the change in their home town. Both the town, and their perception has changed. "My Heart" is an interesting song as it could be a song about Haley's relationship with a man, or a song about her relationship with God. The backing vocals at the end are unusual, and not my particular cup of tea, but they do create a unique feeling in the song.

Paramore on this album was Hayley Williams (vocals), Josh Farro (guitar, vocals), Zac Farro (drums), John Hembree (bass), and Jason Bynum (guitar, vocals). Hayley Williams is the main lyricist and shares the music credits with Josh Farro, with one piece co-written with future member Taylor York. This album doesn't have anything which blows me away, but there are a lot of very good pieces, and all the songs are worth hearing. It also grows on me a little each time I listen to it, which is something I like to have in an album. Four stars and rising...

5.0 out of 5 stars All We Know Is ...Whoa, 24 Jan. 2009
J. Cummings "fayebo27" (yorkshire, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
1. All We Know - You can tell the album is going to be good from this first track with it's catchy guitar and vocals. - 8/10
2. Pressure - One of the best tracks. I first heard it on the sims 2 and i was addicted even though it was in simlish;Thats how awesome this song is. So this where the album starts getting good and it's only on the second track! - 10/10
3. Emergency - Continuing with another stand-out track. This song hits the listeners hard just with the first two lines. Emotional and quite angry song. Cool guitar solo - 10/10
4. Brighter - Slow verses accompanied by some guitar pickings and then it bursts into a dynamic chorus. This song shows off some of Haleys impressive vocal work - 10/10
5. Here We Go Again - This song had been put on repeat so many times. The tune is so catchy and the rest of the song is brilliant too. You will be singing along in no time - 10/10
6. Never Let This Go - Kinda similar to brighter; but not as good. Slow verses, booming chorus and another pleasing guitar solo. Not one of the best - 7/10
7. Whoa - Quite an easily forgetable track. Doesn't really have a touching message or anything but it's nice to sing along too. Although some people i know get annoyed with the repitition of 'we got everybody singing whoa, whoa' - 6/10
8. Conspiracy - Superb. Another stand out track. Showcases Haley's vocal range and its just an all around brilliant song - 10/10
9. Franklin - Not really a fan of this song. It's more or less the slowest paced track on the album and it's kinda boring. The meaning of the song is quite emotional and i really love the layed effect of Haley's and Josh's voices on the bridge, it adds more depth to the song - 7/10
10. My Heart - This song is absolutly amazing. I love it, it's definatly one of my favourate Paramore songs ever and it proves they can pull off some decent screamo.

11. Oh star (Bonus Track) - I can see why this track didn't make the original cut. It's a good song but the lyrics are pointless. Basically she telling a shooting star not to go away because she can't think of a wish ...blah blah. A bit repetitive also - 6/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Different - good kind of different!, 16 Nov. 2006
This review is from: All We Know Is Falling (Audio CD)
Paramore aren't like the other boring, whiny american bands. I think they'll go pretty far in the music biz. I like the words, the music behind it doesn't drown out what the message is (which happens way too often for my liking!) and the vocals are very different from what I've listened to. which is every kind of music you could name! Paramore are definately going to be a hit in the future!

All We Know Is Falling
All We Know Is Falling by Paramore (Audio CD - 2006)