5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic for woodburner
What a bargain!A pair of these for half the price of the one glove that came with my woodburner. It works just as well and is invaluable for placing logs right in the burner and for opening the door without clarting on with those hooky contraptions. Happen it is quite good for welding too but I wouldn't know....
Published on 24 Jan. 2009 by Silver Moon Sailor

2.0 out of 5 stars I may have got a duff pair
When I received thee cloves, I was quite impressed. They were supple and comfortable and appeared excellent value.
However, the leather on one of the fingers split within a few minutes. I was not aware of having caught it on anything to tear it.
I contacted Amazon and immediately got a refund. I'm very happy with that aspect of the service.
It would be...
Published 9 months ago by J. Harland

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic for woodburner, 24 Jan. 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with my purchase, 10 Sept. 2012
Mr Baker (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
These gloves are really long (35 cms from fingertip to cuff) and are quite substantial. I am not a welding expert but I think I would want something more substantial (and probably a lot more expensive!) if I was going to weld. However, I bought them to protect my forearms when dealing with prickly shrubs - if you have pruned a berberis you will understand why! They are ideal for this sort of task and I am very pleased with my puchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Versatile, 22 Feb. 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
I bought these gloves for welding and have found them so comfortable thanks quality leather used. The longer lower forearm protection part means that you can protect clothing apart from your hands.

Even though the gauntlet is marketed for welding, it has so many other uses like BBQ, woodburner, and use on the field.

Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for wood burning stoves, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
I was stuck for a present for a man who has everything - then remembered the wood burning stove and found these welders gloves. They arrived promptly, were just the job and great value. The man in question thought they'd be great for the barbecue, too.

2.0 out of 5 stars I may have got a duff pair, 21 Jun. 2014
J. Harland (Berkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
It would be interesting to know how durable others have found the gloves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job!, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
I bought these to replace the (one - quite expensive) gauntlet provided by the firm that installed our woodburner. These gauntlets are ideal for the purpose - marginally longer than the original and slightly more flexible, I think. The red colour is a good reminder of their function: I'm less likely to incinerate these. I can't see them wearing out any time soon, but I would certainly choose them again if I needed to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gloves, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
These are absolutely brilliant gloves for both welding and grinding.

I use them heavily for both activities and have yet to find any fault with them. Ideally I would have liked a slightly smaller size to fit my hands better, but seeing as welding and grinding doesn't require too much finesse (the way I do it anyway), they serve the purpose perfectly.

I can highly recommend them,

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough as old boots, 19 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
I am a gardener and i have some very expensive gloves that i don't like to wear when clearing massive brambles (too costly if they get torn)
These gloves are great for wading in and grabbing the most lethal brambles with no worries about getting your hands done in.
Uncomfortable till they are worn in but then they are not made for what i use them for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like them., 2 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
I can’t comment on there actual purpose since I got these gloves because other reviewers said they got them for the garden as have I. They handle working with rose bushes and other plants with thorns well as I have squeezed them hard to test the glove. They passed the test plus for the price they are well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, 25 Nov. 2013
Mrs. Lesley Bristow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red (DIY & Tools)
After having a lovely new wood burner fitted we needed these to protect hands & arms from burns. Within days of having the fire, I had an armful of burn marks where I caught them on the very hot door! Now we can open and load logs without the worry of more burns. Good quality and length covers arms well

Scan GLOWELRED Welders Gauntlet - Red