4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but shame no replacement heads available
Published on 22 Jan. 2010 by Stevie

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Disappointed
Published 14 months ago by Busy Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but shame no replacement heads available, 22 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Summer Infant Gentle Vibrations Toothbrush with 3 heads (Baby Product)
We found the toothbrush good when our little girl was about 14 months old. We were getting desperate for something else to try when she did everything possible to make it as hard as she could for us to brush her teeth. This brush helped the situation a lot. I think it was partly the vibrating sensation just gave that bit of extra distraction that little miss forgot to be awkward for a few minutes each day while we brushed her teeth.
The major drawback though is that, as far as I can tell, replacement heads cannot be purchased for this product. So this effectively reduces its useful life to 2 or 3 months and then you either buy another one or try something else. We tried something else after that time, partly because of the cost and partly the feeling of wasting the earth's resources just because the manufacturers don't appear to make replacement heads available (and I searched extensively). For this reason I've decided to give 4 stars whereas otherwise I would have given 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Disappointed, 2 Feb. 2014
This was temperamental and broke within the first few uses. Furthermore, I am not sure it was really helping to clean my child's teeth. It is possible to feel some vibration but it is ineffective and I was unsure as to the quality of the head. I have requested to send the product back but have been asked to pay postage so its not really worth it given the price. This is the first customer review I have written for Amazon being a very busy mum but I am so disappointed with this product I feel I need to say to others AVOID!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 July 2011
I was really excited to try this as my now 23 month son didn't and still doesn't like me brushing his teeth but he has always been interested in my electric toothbrush! How disappointing to find that the vibration doesn't quite reach the head of the brush and so doesn't do a better job than a normal brush. Also, as my son sucks on the head the bristles wore down pretty much instantly and replacement heads don't seem to be available. To top it all off after about three weeks it ceased to work altogether, even with a replacement battery. I will be sticking to a manual toothbrush for the time being.

2.0 out of 5 stars loses buzz, 10 Aug. 2013
as other reviewers have said it seems to lose connection and stops buzzing. not great but on the plus side it has novelty enough for my daughter to open her mouth for 10 seconds which was all I wanted really as we tear our hair out with teeth cleaning.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but terrible quality!, 27 Feb. 2014
My 2.5yr old daughter loves this toothbrush because it looks and sounds just like Mummy's and Daddy's. The first one we bought from JoJoMamanBebe worked for over a year before you could no longer turn it on, although I had to keep gluing the side seams and checking the battery hadn't been knocked out of alignment. However, subsequent brushes purchased have broken within a few short weeks - the first wouldn't turn on at all after a week and the replacement brush I was sent won't turn on when you want it to but turns on by itself when you're not around and you come back to find it buzzing to itself and it's even fallen on to the floor because of this. Please sort out the quality!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made, 25 Feb. 2012
We bought this for our son who has sensory needs and were v disappointed to find that it was so badly made we physically could not put the battery in as there was a plastic/glue blockage within the handle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vibration broke after 4 days, 16 Oct. 2013
D. P. Archer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great when it worked, but the vibration stopped working after 4 days. Cheap rubbish. A shame as my 10 month old son loved it and there don't seem to be many electric toothbrushes suitable for babies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Toothtastic, 18 Dec. 2010
The toothbrush doesn't really vibrate to the point you can feel it at the toothbrush head like an adult electric toothbrush. The main body of the toothbrush just has a very low buzz to it. There are two heads that come with the brush and both have the same issue. We bought it for our son who has really suffered with teething and is very reluctant to let you anywhere near his teeth or gums. I hoped that if the toothbrush vibrated when I attempted to brush his teeth it might feel quite nice on his gums/teeth but it doesn't really seem to do much but buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, limited lifespan!, 27 May 2013
This would be a fantastic product if it had a lifespan of more than 2 weeks. This is the second time I have purchased this product. My toddler engages with this far better than a manual toothbrush, and the more robust brands vibrate too hard and are far too noisy and seem to scare him. This has just the right amount of vibration and really encourages him to clean his teeth, but it stops working after a few weeks so I'm afraid wont be buying one for a third time. It's a shame, there's still no solution to encouraging "tooth tickling" for my toddler!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for little ones, 8 Jan. 2012
i got one of these for my little boy when he was aboout 1. he likes it and let's me clean his teeth with it which is the main thing! he did mash up the toothbursh head by chewing it when he was younger, but would not do that now. replacement heads are available from the summer infant website. it doesn't vibrate as well as an adult brush, but i have tried him with one and it was too big for his mouth, so this seems like a good product for a toddler.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›