4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but shame no replacement heads available
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by Stevie

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Disappointed
Published 7 months ago by Busy Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but shame no replacement heads available, 22 Jan 2010
This review is from: Summer Infant Gentle Vibrations Toothbrush with 3 heads (Baby Product)
We found the toothbrush good when our little girl was about 14 months old. We were getting desperate for something else to try when she did everything possible to make it as hard as she could for us to brush her teeth. This brush helped the situation a lot. I think it was partly the vibrating sensation just gave that bit of extra distraction that little miss forgot to be awkward for a few minutes each day while we brushed her teeth.
The major drawback though is that, as far as I can tell, replacement heads cannot be purchased for this product. So this effectively reduces its useful life to 2 or 3 months and then you either buy another one or try something else. We tried something else after that time, partly because of the cost and partly the feeling of wasting the earth's resources just because the manufacturers don't appear to make replacement heads available (and I searched extensively). For this reason I've decided to give 4 stars whereas otherwise I would have given 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously Disappointed, 2 Feb 2014
This was temperamental and broke within the first few uses. Furthermore, I am not sure it was really helping to clean my child's teeth. It is possible to feel some vibration but it is ineffective and I was unsure as to the quality of the head. I have requested to send the product back but have been asked to pay postage so its not really worth it given the price. This is the first customer review I have written for Amazon being a very busy mum but I am so disappointed with this product I feel I need to say to others AVOID!

2.0 out of 5 stars Vibration broke after 4 days, 16 Oct 2013
D. P. Archer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great when it worked, but the vibration stopped working after 4 days. Cheap rubbish. A shame as my 10 month old son loved it and there don't seem to be many electric toothbrushes suitable for babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars There are replacement heads, 17 Sep 2013
There are replacement heads for this product on the summer infant website. I noticed this on a previous review and got it anyway as there didn't seem to be any alternatives for very little ones but just had a check (as we've been through 3 now) and I found some on the website and ordered some. My son used to hate having his teeth brushed and doesn't love it now but puts up with it. I think the vibrations toothbrush helps as he sees both of his parents using electric toothbrushes. He also really likes to turn it off and on himself - and also sometimes to sit it upright on a surface and watch it vibrate around - and to put it on the end of his nose to feel the vibrations! Anyway - we are now managing to brush his teeth without tantrums - job done!

2.0 out of 5 stars loses buzz, 10 Aug 2013
as other reviewers have said it seems to lose connection and stops buzzing. not great but on the plus side it has novelty enough for my daughter to open her mouth for 10 seconds which was all I wanted really as we tear our hair out with teeth cleaning.

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly made, 25 Feb 2012
We bought this for our son who has sensory needs and were v disappointed to find that it was so badly made we physically could not put the battery in as there was a plastic/glue blockage within the handle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 July 2011
I was really excited to try this as my now 23 month son didn't and still doesn't like me brushing his teeth but he has always been interested in my electric toothbrush! How disappointing to find that the vibration doesn't quite reach the head of the brush and so doesn't do a better job than a normal brush. Also, as my son sucks on the head the bristles wore down pretty much instantly and replacement heads don't seem to be available. To top it all off after about three weeks it ceased to work altogether, even with a replacement battery. I will be sticking to a manual toothbrush for the time being.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 25 April 2014
This was bought for my 20 month old. The idea of the brush is brilliant and my boy loves brushing his teeth with it, but as with ANY summer products I have had the quality is very poor. It looks, feels and performs to a poor standard. It has stopped working after 3 weeks. Total Rubbish

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but terrible quality!, 27 Feb 2014
My 2.5yr old daughter loves this toothbrush because it looks and sounds just like Mummy's and Daddy's. The first one we bought from JoJoMamanBebe worked for over a year before you could no longer turn it on, although I had to keep gluing the side seams and checking the battery hadn't been knocked out of alignment. However, subsequent brushes purchased have broken within a few short weeks - the first wouldn't turn on at all after a week and the replacement brush I was sent won't turn on when you want it to but turns on by itself when you're not around and you come back to find it buzzing to itself and it's even fallen on to the floor because of this. Please sort out the quality!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Boy loves it, 17 Jan 2014
Not sure how long its going to last, connections on the buzzy bit already is a bit iffy and only used since xmas. However, it does the job and isnt very expensive. Shame it doesnt turn off after a period of time and that you cant get replacement heads.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›