4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD QUALITY!
You need to check the measurements. Will definitely fit in any compact camera. Possibly bridge cameras, but not DSLRs. Very good quality padded for protection. Showerproof I would have thought and at the price a bargain!
Published 23 months ago by RickWinchmore

2.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Bag 0 Stars for Amazon
Published 19 months ago by AndyS

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD QUALITY!, 15 Mar. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Bag 0 Stars for Amazon, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
I choose this camera bag because Amazon recommended it or my camera Lumix LZ20 Bridge. The bag arrived and was great quality and a very good price. Unfortunately when I tried to fit the camera into the bag found it too small. Its needs to be at least 10mm bigger all round to be even a snug fit. I then started to read other reviews and found this to be a common problem with many complaints.
No way is this product suitable for a bridge camera, a compact camera should will fit well.
I should have read the reviews first but took Amazons advice and order without question, now left with a very good bag I cant use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
Modelled on a classic SLR case but scaled down to fit a camera/camcorder around the size of a large, rectangular hamster or a pair of balled up men's socks, the DFV33 offers excellent storage, effective protection, comfortable design and the opportunity to feel like a giant, whose massive hands dwarf what you can pretend IS a classic SLR case. While some minds take better to this kind of 'perspective play' than others, all medium sized cameras (4/3s, bridge, superzoom, etc.) will feel right at home in the DFV33. Besides the large, well-padded and furry-fabric lined main compartment, there are several other well-thought-out pockets perfect for spare batteries, memory cards, spare batteries, memory cards and other photographic paraphernalia, like memory cards. Moreover, in the pocket at the bottom of the case's backside, she who looks will find a mini parachute, which is a very high-end/puzzling feature. Through a combination of trial-and-error and error, however, I have discovered that the parachute can wrap around the case and offer defence against penetrating liquids, like ice tea (NB not the rapper - although I do not know him well, I suspect he would remain able to achieve ingress). When I discovered that I could currently purchase the DFV33 for less than the cost of some good £4 biscuits, I thought to myself aloud "What? Surely someone has forgotten a zero!" (by which I meant that it could cost £40, not that it should cost £0). In conclusion, if you are looking for a medium-sized camera case that features the features of and looks like a classic big camera case that shrank in the wash or was withered by a curse, the Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 should definitely be on the table, if not YOUR table. I have not yet taken mine on a premium trek, so I cannot speak to that, but for the home or regular-outside based photographer with £4 to their name, or more, this case will delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
This is great for the price , The only downside is that its a bit small for a bridge camera. I have the lumix Z20 and it fits in and zips up but all is a little tight inside . Product quality is exceptional for a case of this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Samsonite Camera Case, 8 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
I always loved Samsonite as my Father used to order luggage from them all the time, and I still have his 3 digit security Briefcase.
After purchasing a Panasonic Lumix LZ20 I noticed this bag was recommended, and being a Samsonite, I ordered it without hesitation.
After transit, the bag got misplaced somewhere at the Couriers, I contacted the seller just to verify if they had sent it and without any questions or hassle they offered me a refund or resend, fortunately I found the bag a week later and rushed home to open it.
It was packed in a greyish plastic bag that looked like a pack of cocaine (like in the movies), kind of cool, and after i opened it i thought i got sent the wrong bag as this looked really small, like really, i was actually thinking of using it for my phone instead, maybe with a a simple point and shoot camera aswell, but after trying the Lumix in this, it fitted perfectly, a little bit of force was required but the camera is really snug in there.
The bag has so many pocket n zips n i just love it, i just discovered a part underneath that has a raincoat kind of thingy that covers over the entire bag, just awesome, i need another one just to look at :D
Thanks Samsonite

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit pan sonic bridge camera it's recommended for, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
I bought the panasonic lumix dmc lz20 and amazon came up with this case for it, but the camera doesn't go in, it's too small. The size amazon gives for the camera is wrong. The case itself is good, but only big enough for a very small compact camera. I just wasted my money, but it is amazon at fault not the seller or case itself

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera bag on the market!, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
I have looked at dozens of camera bags before I came across this one. Although Samsonite is primarily a luggage maker, they can teach most established camera case makers a few things about camera case design and the need for pockets for spare batteries etc. The Samsonite case is well made, with plenty of protection for the camera. Equally important, It also has two good sized side pockets with enough room for 3 or 4 sets of spare batteries and, it has pockets front and back which are ideal for spare memory cards etc. I believe that, if you have a bridge camera, you needn't look any further than this bag. If you have an SLR and need to carry lenses and filters look for something bigger. This is, by far, the best bridge camera case I have found in 4 weeks of looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
Bought this for a Panasonic LZ20 bridge camera. Swithered whether to buy as some reviews stated the case was too small! Anyhow went ahead as it was ridiculously good value for a Samsonite case. Really glad I did, the camera fits very snug, but great protection & it's certainly not going to move about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality case, query over use for LZ20., 18 July 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
I bought this case for under £6 (including postage) to use with a Panasonic LZ20, having taken consideration of the various reviews. I wouldn't like to pay the ~£30 recommended retail price for it myself but I can see the quality in it. At £6 it only needs to be suitable for the LZ20 to be a bargain. So is it? Yes, but it is a close run thing.

You can fit the LZ20 in to this case if you have the lens pointing towards one of the side pockets and the grip to the top. It certainly isn't an easy fit but it isn't a forced fit either. Certainly 5mm all around would make things a lot easier, but it may be that the case gives a bit after a while and it becomes easier.

You can also fit spare set of AA batteries in one side pocket, the USB lead in the other, and the video cable in the front pocket though again it is a case of only just and you have to work at it.

I basically wanted a compact carrying case to protect my camera. Ease of access to the camera wasn't the primary purpose. So I've got a bargain. Had it been that 5mm bigger all around I'd have had an even bigger one.

If I'd wanted a case I could sling over my shoulder or hang from a belt that I could quickly drop my camera in and out of as I needed it, like it was holstered, then I'd have bought the wrong thing.

Do I recommend this case for the LZ20? Yes, but only because it was only £6 and it seems to be a quality item. I'd be less sure if I'd paid £10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsonite quality will keep you right. Handiest camera bag I owned so far., 27 July 2013
This review is from: Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case (Accessory)
It well stand for the name "Trekking Premium" as this Samsonite bag is very well engineered.
The materials feel like good quality in your hands and seems to be put together to withstand most rough handling and weather conditions.
The padding in the bag is almost 1 inch thick without considering the extra layers offered by the compartments on the sides.

The adjustable shoulder strap which in picture is hidden inside the bag, has a soft shoulder pad mounted over it with on one side a very good non-slip rubber layer.
A trim of the same rubber also provides non-slip action under the bag with an excellent grade of stickiness when standing on surfaces.

Very handy the feature of the hidden compartment in the back of the bag which host the extra of a protective weather-proof jacket to preserve the bag and the camera dry under heavy rain.

Check the camera size with the main compartments as this model will offer perfect fit and protection around a camera of the size of a Panasonic Lumix TZ family but nothing bigger.

You wont be able to fit in any compact system mounting a protruding bridge lense or interchangeable lens.
For that type of camera I guess the model next to this one, the Samsonite DFV40, might do the job.

I am overall satisfied with the bag and with the prompt customer service of "Great Western cameras" store.

Samsonite Trekking Premium DFV33 Camera Case