4.0 out of 5 stars Good for clearing the tubes
I bought this Steam Inhaler to try and clear my blocked tubes, I have suffered from sinusitis in the past, and decongestants just don't work that well, and whilst it is a bit lazy, I can't be bothered to do the bowl of water and towel thing.

Published on 15 Aug 2011 by Nick Flynn

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay
I ordered this steamer in April 2013, it has been absolutely great until January 2014, the top still locates onto the base but no longer clicks on safely and it's just barely sitting on the top, which is extremely dangerous because the slightest knock could allow the boiling water to spill out onto your face, lap or hands!
My 16 year old Daughter also uses the...
Published 2 months ago by Elaine

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for clearing the tubes, 15 Aug 2011
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)

The base unit of the Steam inhaler is quite small and perhaps a little too light, with a simple rotary dial on the front. The water reservoir is tiny (about 50 ml) and I initially thought that I would be constantly re-filling. I tend to use the steamer for about 10 minutes at a time, and would say that there is more than enough capacity for 20 mins if you want to got that long. There are 2 heat setting, the higher setting is just there to get things moving, and the lower setting is the one to use during treatment. Warm up takes about 3 minutes, and if the level of steam is still too high on setting one, you can (on the mask) close the rotary vent, or just more your face away a bit.

The Beurer unit does actually come with a separate attachment for inhalation, but I tend to prefer to use the facial sauna fitting and it provides some relief from sinus pain too.

There is a small receptacle in which to put some cotton wool with a drop or two of aromatherapy oil or some herbs (very small) and it seems to be effective. Very easy to clean.

For the money, this Beurer is excellent value (about 4 packs of Hot Lemon Drink) but it could be improved.

I was surprised that there is no timer or cut off ... I appreciate that this would add a little to the cost, but I think I would have paid a few quid more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
My husband has COPD and uses this to inhale the warm steam gently to ease his lungs, he finds it very comforting.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
My 16 year old Daughter also uses the steamer to help with her acne, and I am not prepared to allow her to use it anymore.
I have returned it to Amazon who have processed a full refund.

I am now looking to spend slightly more to get a better quality steamer!

There are better steamers out there that should last years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
I use this to steam my face to relax and to get rid of blackheads. I've also used it with a bit of vix (soaked into a cotton pad) when I've had a cold.

I really like it. The face attachment is bigger than my face, so I still need to use a towel over my head when I use it. It heats up quickly and gives a steady supply of steam. I mostly use it on the highest setting.

I threw away the smaller attachment thing, as I can't really see the point, and this means that when I'm storing it, I can fit the base into the face attachment so it doesn't take up too much room. You need a shaver plug converter to use it, but seeing as I have one for my electric toothbrush and a couple of other cosmetic things, then that's really not a problem.

I use it once a week to loosen pores and get rid of blackheads. I've noticed a real improvement to my skin by doing this. It's also very nice to have an excuse to sit down and breath for fifteen minutes a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little steamer, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
i bought as a gift and its a great little steamer face feels very clean and refreshed after using :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
Used mine the last few days and it seems to be doing the job, can't fault it...I was expecting more steam, not having used one before - but my face feels softer and looks fresher aleady so somethings working. Mine came with a regular UK plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
The air in Bristol is too dry.This product saved my skin. Use for one week I can see the change

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Steam Inhaler, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
Simple to use and very effective. Good build quality ( Made in Germany) Only downside is you have to buy a EU to UK adaptor separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
Good product, meets expectations.

Used more for medicinal purposes, and worked very well. Good quality of product, hope it lasts for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Beurer FS50 Facial Sauna and Steam Inhaler (Personal Care)
I think it is good for nose , but it did not worked so well with face . it is still good.

ARRAY(0xa30c40cc)