5.0 out of 5 stars Man is divided into two distinct types...
those who have this album and those who want to get it!
This is one if not the best album of the last twenty years and yet I only heard of it one night watching TV.
Nothing else was on, so I flicked on VH1 to watch "Great Albums" and this came up. Now I'd heard of Bon Jovi. I remembered when I was much younger going on the London underground and seeing Bon Jovi...
Published on 19 Nov 2004 by slw614

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather pointless special editon of a great album
Bon Jovi had been struggling to hit the big time with their 1st two albums and their third would be the deciding factor on whether or not the band would be commercially viable for Mercury Records. Fortunately, the bands teaming up with rock producer Bruce Fairbairn, engineered Bob Rock and songwriter Desmond Child proved to a step in the right direction. Layered with...
Published on 8 Aug 2011 by G. M. Radcliffe

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Has dated for me, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (MP3 Download)
Couldn't wait for this to go down in price as remember playing this over and over when I was 14 on my record player. Although the classic singles like livin on a prayer and wanted dead or alive etc remain great the other tracks have definitely dated for me and I lost interest as they played. It's different from listening to 30 second samples that make you feel nostalgic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one I wanted., 4 Mar 2013
I had seen them on TV, It was just what I wanted for my Husband, we are two old rockers,and it sounds right in our new car

5.0 out of 5 stars classic album, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
bought this because its a classic and i`m learning some songs on the guitar. well priced and fast delivery and came in excellent condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
Yes it is bought as used but at least 3 of the tracks stuck or slipped. Arrived a day later than expected but luckily it was a personal purchase and therefore arrival date unimportant in the grand scheme!!:

3.0 out of 5 stars Social Disease, 16 Nov 2011
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
Slippery When Wet represents the classic Bon-Jovi sound: metal mitigated guitar, epic choirs, passionate (but not erudite) lyrics.

The method is quite simple: to applicate the passion of Springsteen in a metal commercial way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
Love it

2.0 out of 5 stars Check The Hair!!, 20 Nov 2010
Markie "marx1977" (hereandthere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
To be fair, twenty odd years ago I would probably have given this a five star rating being a big fan of guitar music. Unfortunately further down the line it's all a bit dated. I can still enjoy a few of the tracks, especially the excellent "Wanted Dead Or Alive", but the rest all sound like the standard by the numbers 80's rock. If you are a Bon Jovi fan you will probably have this and no doubt love it, but personally I find it all a bit dull and uninspiring now. Overall while not completely forgettable I don't think I could recommend it to anyone at this point in time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
I bought this album in my late teens - I'm now late twenties - having been convinced by certain music mags that it was a classic, landmark record. It isn't. I listened to it maybe once and at some point I actually became embarrassed to have it in my collection.

Its only purpose in my opinion is a berth for its hit singles - Wanted...,Living..., and...God, I can't even remember the other one. If you like hit singles with inane choruses, go for it, but these songs do nothing for me. The rest of the album, just filler. Forgetful and uninspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (MP3 Download)
Ok

2.0 out of 5 stars Livin' on a Prayer anyone?, 18 May 2007
Sonny (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slippery When Wet (Audio CD)
This album has some good points but to me most of the songs sounds like generic glam metal from the 80s. Most of the songs are generally happy clappy, sing/shout alongs and generally the kind of stuff you throw your hands into the air for.

For all the weak songs on the album there is obviously one REALLY good song that makes up for it, "Livin on a Prayer" which never gets boring and is such a great party anthem. Other notable songs are You Give Love a Bad Name, Without Love and I'd Die for You, though they're only ok songs. The organ solo on Let It Rock is awesome too but it's not long enough.

I would recommend this album on Livin on a Prayer alone, the other songs however I would only really recommend to glam metal enthusiasts.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›