5.0 out of 5 stars Read this review for a great guide of why to buy Nintendogs!
I got this game for Christmas 2005 and today I still find it great fun! This game always amuses me for hours and it's great when you have to go on a long car journey. If you all ready have Dachshund & Friends but you want a Dalmation, don't buy Dalmation & Friends because if you keep going for walks on Dash & F you will eventually find a fireman's helmet and you unlock a...
Published on 6 May 2007 by Jsf Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars .
I was supposed to get the dachshund and I got the Labrador one. I'm okay with it but got the wrong game.
Published 4 months ago by Amber Goodwin

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars super dog fun, 26 July 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund & Friends (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Nintendogs is a virtual game for DS where you buy a dog, teach the dog it's name and tricks, take it for walks and give it food and so many other things! I got this game and DS at christmas 2005 and I played it constantly. Yes, it can be addective.
Well, at first I bought a cute brown and white beagle and called it Puzzle. He isn't very obidient, but so playful. He barks when I close my DS flap when it is still on, and loves when I give him tickles with the DS pen! The touch screen can be used so many times on nintendogs, like when you want to teach it a new trick, for instance rollover, (if your dog already knows lie down, like on it's side, then this helps) you use the DS pen to make it rollover and you click this lightbulb thing and you say the trick in the voice thingy! Cool. Usually the dog only responds to your voice, so your friend's voice might not work with it.
I love taking the dogs for walks, as you can pull on it's lead to make it run faster and you can meet other dogs in the park, and well, pick up it's things. Well what you eat has to come out! Anyway, I love grooming the dog as you can interact with it really well. Right now in 2007 I'm not playing it and my dogs must be famished and really thirsty, because you have to care for it daily, but I'll help it soon. Lol. For younger ones the dogs don't die, just run away. When the dog comes back don't treat it badly, give it lots of hugs and pats. Overall this is a great game and you can get lots of breeds of dogs to buy at the pet shop afterwards but are only allowed a maximum of three dogs out at a time and four dogs in the pet hotel. So your only allowed seven dogs. Well, I think I've said enough, find the rest out for yourself. bye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maya's Nintendog Super Review, 16 Feb. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendogs is a really super game. But it can be hard such as a catching frisby contest,obedience contest,jumping contest. You have a great amount of things you care for your dog with and play with it. When you take your dogs for walks you will get question marks, when you land on one your dog will either meet another dog or get a present, like a toy for it to play with or an accessory. The shops you go to are the pet supply,dog hotel,selling shop or buy a new house shop. You are only allowed 3 dogs at a time in your house so keep the rest in the dog hotel (if you have any more) Its a super game you won't regret having it. SUPER SUPER SUPER!

5.0 out of 5 stars best ds game ever, 27 Aug. 2006
Mrs. J. P. Jaggon "bunnies r so me" (kent ,endland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this game is great you'll end up wanting to stay up late to play it

you start woth 1000 pounds to buy a dog then you buy stuff to feed n paly with it with then you take it out for walks (you can meet dogs and find stuff on walks) then enter it in compotitions to win money to buy other dogsand food

but you dont much use the buttons

never boring very adictive would always recomend it

is not just for kids my dad plays it

If parents think they have to get a ds and/or a a game 1 for each child you are wrong i shrae mine with my sister

5.0 out of 5 stars All the fun of having a dog.. without the poop, 24 Aug. 2005
Quite simply put, Nintendogs is the greatest example to date of why having a Nintendo DS is worthwhile. With all the sports games and console game ports coming onto the PSP (by no means bad) it is nice to see some real innovation into the handheld market.
The DS has had its criticism but Nintendogs shows exactly why its a great device. You can talk to your dog, teach it voice-activated tricks, enter it into competitions, walk it and even let it play with other nintendogs via WiFi. The way the dogs react is a credit to the developers - it looks so lifelike and even if your not a dog lover, those eyes are bound to capture you!
ITs new, original and although lots of people could be put off by the thought of a dog-sim, they'd be missing out on a classic. This is real Nintendo goodness and the first reason so far, to get a DS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a review, just some more info., 12 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
After reading alot of reviews of this game on amazon.com, it became clear that not alot of people know too much about it.
1) The game is really nothing more than a pet simulater. This obviously affects it's re-play value. You could argue that you could go on playing it forever and always find something new... but most people will get bored of the repetative tasks and probably spend their time on other, more traditional game types.
2) EVERY DOG BREED IS AVAILABLE IN EACH VERSION OF THE GAME. The breeds listed on each game are just the starting choices. As you prgress through the challenges you unlock the other breeds.
3) No there isn't a verion coming to the PSP! Other than being licenced by Nintendo, the gameplay could not possibly be replicated on a PSP. The entire controll system for this game relies on the microphone input and touch screen; of which the PSP has niether.
4) Whether you want a pet-sim or not, YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS TITLE! This is the first piece of software that fully utilises the DS' capabilities. It's for games like this that Nintendo made the DS. If you own a DS and don't buy this game then you may never see what the system is able to do. It's just one of those essential titles, like Pokemon, Mario and Metroid; every Nintendo owner should have a copy!
So... you don't need to buy all 3 versions of the game... you need not wait for it on PSP... and after the first few weeks you'll hate the sight of it... but you still have to buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous superb ds game, 27 July 2007
A. E. EVERETT "panda mania" (Manningtree uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't know where to start the graphics are superb. When you are not on there the pups still get hungry and thirsty but what do you expect they do in real life as well. My first dog was a golden retriever and is the best pup ever the only downside iss if you do not go on there for a couple of days then they seem to have forgotten the tricks you have taught them which gets annoying there are only three breeds which i don not have in my kennel they are chihuhua, minature pinscher and jack russel breed how do you get the breed??? You can do three comps in a day. My dog Sandy has done the agility trial championship and won it 60 times!!! She is not championship calibre like my friend said she would be once she got to 30...she is wrong oh well, never mind. I would definately recomend this game so buy it now tell you parents it is vital if you are not alowed a real dog like me i persuaded them that way!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Barking Mad, 20 Aug. 2006
I really do adore this game.

There are however a few downsides such as my dog not understanding what I tell it most of the time despite numerous tries saying it in the same tone I taught the dog in. It also gets a little repetitive after a while.

Having said all that though I don't regret buying it for one instant. I love the interaction between do and owner and the dogs really are adorable. I have a tendancy to get attached to my dogs no matter how annoying or stupid they are.

I would recommend this game to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund& Friends., 20 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game for Christmas and I was really happy.I grabbed the Nintendo DS staight away and started playing.The beginning bit is quite annoying because you don't have any supplies for your dog and you don't know how to name it either,but if you look in the instruction booklet it will help you.Then you figure it out in like two minutes.
After naming your dog the game gives it food,water,shampoo and toys,but you must be careful.You have to find out if your dog is shorthaired or longhaired otherwise your dog won't be bathed correctly.The time comes that you take your dog for a walk.On the centre of the touch screen an icon will appear.On the left it shows you how far your dog can go.You will learn the rest when you buy the game.HAVE FUN!
Sophia- age 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - I love it!, 30 April 2011
J. Pettit (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is the best! I have three of the versions, though I have to say, the dachshund one is the best.
It's great for people (like me) who want a dog but don't have one. Dachshunds are my favourite type of dog, but what's even better is that it's not only one breed of dog you can get - I now have my favourite dog (dachshund) second favourite (Siberian husky) and my third favourite (lab retriever). The walks are great and I've discovered that if you go places you don't normally walk, you get more interesting presents! The contests are amazing - I love how they're not easy-peasy, so you just complete all of them with every dog in a day, but they're not so hard you can't even get past the first class! I love the surprise when I unlock a new dog or interial decoration-thing. All in all it is one of the best games I have ever come across! Definite FIVE STAR! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars my mum loves it........, 24 Dec. 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
it was a bit worrying. i got the game with my pink ds and i was hooked. the graphics are absoloutely amazing. my mum loves the cute dogs. her fave dog on there is the dachschund. mine is the yorkie terrier. i just can't wait to get mnore animal games on there. i am going to oreder hamsterz and catz for ds so listen in to see my reviews. buy buy buy buy. my mum never takes any interest in games, it's usally my dad so i am shocked. you take dogs for a walk which is good fun. remmeber to feed and bath them too. lol x

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund & Friends (Nintendo DS)