5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! this is good
I bought this game because I want a dog but I can't get one as i'm allergic to them. So I bought Nintendogs.Then after 2 hours of non-stop gaming i had realised how brilliant and realistic this game was. Now i am completely addicted! The graphics are quite good except (as that other guy said earlier) the horrible trees on walks and the flat backgrounds. Some of the tunes...
Published on 7 April 2006 by ed95

1.0 out of 5 stars nintendogsminiature dachshund
dachshundnot to good to slow i did not like it my friend tacken it to try i hope she gets on with it
Published 7 months ago by diana bonsall

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All the fun of having a dog.. without the poop, 24 Aug 2005
This review is from: Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund & Friends (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Quite simply put, Nintendogs is the greatest example to date of why having a Nintendo DS is worthwhile. With all the sports games and console game ports coming onto the PSP (by no means bad) it is nice to see some real innovation into the handheld market.
The DS has had its criticism but Nintendogs shows exactly why its a great device. You can talk to your dog, teach it voice-activated tricks, enter it into competitions, walk it and even let it play with other nintendogs via WiFi. The way the dogs react is a credit to the developers - it looks so lifelike and even if your not a dog lover, those eyes are bound to capture you!
ITs new, original and although lots of people could be put off by the thought of a dog-sim, they'd be missing out on a classic. This is real Nintendo goodness and the first reason so far, to get a DS.

5.0 out of 5 stars best ds game ever, 27 Aug 2006
Mrs. J. P. Jaggon "bunnies r so me" (kent ,endland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
this game is great you'll end up wanting to stay up late to play it

you start woth 1000 pounds to buy a dog then you buy stuff to feed n paly with it with then you take it out for walks (you can meet dogs and find stuff on walks) then enter it in compotitions to win money to buy other dogsand food

but you dont much use the buttons

never boring very adictive would always recomend it

is not just for kids my dad plays it

If parents think they have to get a ds and/or a a game 1 for each child you are wrong i shrae mine with my sister

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a review, just some more info., 12 Sep 2005
By A Customer
After reading alot of reviews of this game on amazon.com, it became clear that not alot of people know too much about it.
1) The game is really nothing more than a pet simulater. This obviously affects it's re-play value. You could argue that you could go on playing it forever and always find something new... but most people will get bored of the repetative tasks and probably spend their time on other, more traditional game types.
2) EVERY DOG BREED IS AVAILABLE IN EACH VERSION OF THE GAME. The breeds listed on each game are just the starting choices. As you prgress through the challenges you unlock the other breeds.
3) No there isn't a verion coming to the PSP! Other than being licenced by Nintendo, the gameplay could not possibly be replicated on a PSP. The entire controll system for this game relies on the microphone input and touch screen; of which the PSP has niether.
4) Whether you want a pet-sim or not, YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS TITLE! This is the first piece of software that fully utilises the DS' capabilities. It's for games like this that Nintendo made the DS. If you own a DS and don't buy this game then you may never see what the system is able to do. It's just one of those essential titles, like Pokemon, Mario and Metroid; every Nintendo owner should have a copy!
So... you don't need to buy all 3 versions of the game... you need not wait for it on PSP... and after the first few weeks you'll hate the sight of it... but you still have to buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Barking Mad, 20 Aug 2006
I really do adore this game.

There are however a few downsides such as my dog not understanding what I tell it most of the time despite numerous tries saying it in the same tone I taught the dog in. It also gets a little repetitive after a while.

Having said all that though I don't regret buying it for one instant. I love the interaction between do and owner and the dogs really are adorable. I have a tendancy to get attached to my dogs no matter how annoying or stupid they are.

I would recommend this game to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maya's Nintendog Super Review, 16 Feb 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendogs is a really super game. But it can be hard such as a catching frisby contest,obedience contest,jumping contest. You have a great amount of things you care for your dog with and play with it. When you take your dogs for walks you will get question marks, when you land on one your dog will either meet another dog or get a present, like a toy for it to play with or an accessory. The shops you go to are the pet supply,dog hotel,selling shop or buy a new house shop. You are only allowed 3 dogs at a time in your house so keep the rest in the dog hotel (if you have any more) Its a super game you won't regret having it. SUPER SUPER SUPER!

5.0 out of 5 stars my mum loves it........, 24 Dec 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
it was a bit worrying. i got the game with my pink ds and i was hooked. the graphics are absoloutely amazing. my mum loves the cute dogs. her fave dog on there is the dachschund. mine is the yorkie terrier. i just can't wait to get mnore animal games on there. i am going to oreder hamsterz and catz for ds so listen in to see my reviews. buy buy buy buy. my mum never takes any interest in games, it's usally my dad so i am shocked. you take dogs for a walk which is good fun. remmeber to feed and bath them too. lol x

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Love!, 8 Oct 2005
What I love about the game is how you interact with your dog. You have to speak into the mic of your DS so the dog can recognise your voice. As soon as he knows your voice, you can teach him tricks, tell him off or praise him! The DS internal clock is used to keep track of the real-world time and how many days have passed. So you'll have to check in on your puppy every day, making sure it gets food, water and exercise.
The game is perfect for me cause I cant have a dog cause I live in an apartment and I've wanted one every since my Rottweiler Taz passed away 3 years ago. Corny as it may seem, this game allows me to have a dog to play with, even though its not real.
I have a begal called Charlie and he is a gem! He can sit, lie down and shake hands, which is so cute. Ive taken him to the park training him to catch the frisbee for the competion so hopefully I'll get some cash from that.
My boyfriend loves it too. I thought he would think its too cute and girly, but he wouldnt give it me back! Im defiently going to collect the other 2 games, the labs look cute also. Charlie won his first competition and we came in first. We only got 100 for it, which sucks, thought it would have been more. And its great if you dont see them for a few hours cause they go mad when you come back on.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm over the moon with it, 24 Mar 2007
J. J. Murphy "Laura" (London) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Laura, age 7, says: When I first got the game I had the time of my life. I still think it's brilliant - it's one of the best games I have ever played. When you walk the dogs they can do funny things like jumping around and acting as if it's always playtime. My dogs just don't stop wanting to play with me. They are really friendly and when I see them it makes me happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars qwert, 8 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the most amazing game EVER!!!!!!
I had it as my first game and it was great to start on.
The dogs are so realistic and you can never get board. You can own up to 8 dogs at one time if you leave
a few at the dog hotel.
I always feel close to my dogs and love them and love taking them for walks and cool competitions.
If you like this, (like me!) you might also like Pony Friends (Nintendo DS).

GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AND MABYE PONY FRIENDS TOO!!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - I love it!, 30 April 2011
J. Pettit (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is the best! I have three of the versions, though I have to say, the dachshund one is the best.
It's great for people (like me) who want a dog but don't have one. Dachshunds are my favourite type of dog, but what's even better is that it's not only one breed of dog you can get - I now have my favourite dog (dachshund) second favourite (Siberian husky) and my third favourite (lab retriever). The walks are great and I've discovered that if you go places you don't normally walk, you get more interesting presents! The contests are amazing - I love how they're not easy-peasy, so you just complete all of them with every dog in a day, but they're not so hard you can't even get past the first class! I love the surprise when I unlock a new dog or interial decoration-thing. All in all it is one of the best games I have ever come across! Definite FIVE STAR! :D

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Nintendogs Miniature Dachshund & Friends (Nintendo DS)
17.99