4.0 out of 5 stars Advertoised as verbatim 16x but What exactly do you get.
Disks arrived in Blue/Orange packaging with the AZ0 logo.
Published on 16 July 2009 by Family Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Discs twice a failure.
After having used this product for a long while I now feel that the time has come to either change product or supplier. My last two orders have both produced unrecordable discs in all three of my recorders,resulting in disposing of 38 discs out 100. Product was excellent,what has gone wrong?
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Advertoised as verbatim 16x but What exactly do you get., 16 July 2009
Disks arrived in Blue/Orange packaging with the AZ0 logo.
Media code is MCC03RG20. For those who don't know already there are big differences in the quality of recordable DVD's on the market. The brand name is some help but several different media codes may be used by each brand. Verbatim are generally considered one of the better brands. Media codes are everything and unfortunetly they are not marked on the boxes!
These are advertised as 16x. I checked a disk using Qsuite ver 2.1 (supplied with my BENQ DW1640 DVD burner) to check the Tracking Errors and Focus Errors. It advised me that 12x is the fastest that these disks would work reliably. Other tools may provide different information/results and quality can vary depending on your DVD burner. In the past I have had RITEKF1 disks (not branded as Verbatim) which only burned reliably at 2.4x despite being advertised at 16x. Conclusion is that these disks are better than most but I will probably only burn at 8x maximum to be safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality blank media, 28 Aug 2008
B. White "Blackn'White" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack (Accessory)
These Verbatim blank discs are the best.. never have had to throw any out 100% burn success rate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used these for years, but lifespan questionable, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack (Accessory)
I have bought these Verbatim discs for many years and continue to do so. I still get 100% success rate on burning them (in fact, have never had a failure). However, some of the discs I made between 2005 and 2007 are now starting to become unreadable. The DVD drive does not even recognise a disc in it. This affects about 30% of the discs I made in the period 2005-2007 and about 10% of the discs I recorded between 2007 and 2009. So I do question their lifespan.

I know DVDs should not be used for long-term archiving because it is not a long-term media, but you should get more than 5 years. I am starting to back up my DVDs onto a hard disk now.

From reviews, I understand that JVC discs, whilst not quite as good as Verbatim, are more consistent quality (i.e. you know with a JVC what you are getting, whereas some of the Verbatim discs are manufactured in China to a lower standard and it is very difficult to know which batch you have got.)

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD-R DISCS, 7 Jan 2010
Andrew Morris (Sutton Coldfield England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack (Accessory)
We find this to be one of the better reasonable priced discs, lasts well and fit for the purpose plus purchased this way works out more economical .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 Jun 2009
C. Scott (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say? They work everytime! I have bought several 100 packs for myself and my father and they have all recorded without error. I use them to back up my pc and Dad uses them in his DVD recorder.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, and they're cheap, 7 Mar 2008
Dr. Richard Dudley (Conon Bridge, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
As far as I'm concerned I only want three things from a set of blank DVD media. Namely that they all burn correctly, all work with my equipment and that they are cheap.

It's a false economy to go for bargain basement DVDs, never mind the sheer frustration when burning problems occur.

I've been using these disks for a number of years now, and have never had a problem. I use a good quality DVD burner (Pioneer) on my Dell PC and also my Pioneer HDD/DVD recorder and the disks burned are readable in both sets of equipment and in other PCs.

I will continue to purchase these disks, and as one of the other reviewers said, at 20p a disk with no losses, what's not to be happy about?

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent discs, 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack (Accessory)
Ordering this item, you may not get precisely the discs you were expecting.
Granted, they would still be Verbatim DVD-R 16x discs (43548), Taiyo Yuden TYG03 dye: an excellent product, no doubt about that.

But there are two variants of it (shown in the 2 pictures currently available against this product):

1) blue packaging, AZO+, 'silver top' discs, small Verbatim logo (older)
2) blue/orange packaging, AZO, 'silver top' discs, big Verbatim logo (newer)

I was expecting 1) but I received 2).

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 22 Jan 2008
J. Thurston - See all my reviews
I have bought these dvds numerous times now, and always been delighted witht them. You will always get a few in a pack of 100 that don't work but the verbatim ones seem to have a lot less than the other ones I have tried. Also the top cover of the DVD's is very simple and doesn't have lots of writing on them. That might sound unimportant but it makes flicking through your DVD libary easier and not having to see a huge brand name all over your DVDs!
Great Dvds for a great price just 17p each, I know I will only ever by Verbatim.

1.0 out of 5 stars Discs twice a failure., 1 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd quality, 20 Mar 2008
Traffic (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have had alot of trouble with dvd's in the past but these verbatim dvd-r works fantastically, and they are really cheap for a top brand name.

Verbatim 43548 16x DVD-R - Spindle 50 Pack