5.0 out of 5 stars Good concert from 1969
Published on 9 Aug 2005 by Marc Haegeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Remastering
Don't get me wrong- the show is great, Elvis is in his 'happy' mood, but for the professional recorded concert, the sound is bloody cheap and the mix is strange. Really guys, for this price you could have done a way better remastering job. 3 stars for the sound. FTD, you've fooled us again.
Published on 18 Jun 2006 by I saw the light

5.0 out of 5 stars Good concert from 1969, 9 Aug 2005
Marc Haegeman "Marc Haegeman" (Gent, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Shook Up (Audio CD)
A full-length concert of Elvis Presley's August 1969 Las Vegas stint is always welcome, even if the present CD featuring the August 26 midnight show no longer holds any surprises for the collector already owing previous releases like "Elvis In Person", "Collector's Gold", "Live in Las Vegas" and "Elvis at the International". None of the versions on "All Shook Up" appear any better than those we already had - "Suspicious Minds" is excellent, but the version on "In Person" still remains unequalled. And the laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight", now finally heard in its context, is not exactly a novelty either.
The sound is great for its age, yet what makes "All Shook Up" really worth purchasing is the outstanding mix, which easily beats all previous releases. Finally they got that right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great concert,bad producer,even worse label, 3 Nov 2005
This review is from: All Shook Up (Audio CD)
What we have here is king on his prime,with great band behind him,his '69 concerts are always pleasure to hear.
But why destroying such enjoyment with tamed production?
This is a concert for a Christ sake,dont cutoff those high notes,dont mellow that rough sound.
And that picture on the cover,why didnt you people from FTD label put complete picture with guitar included,at least,since you have no intention to give us a booklet or real sound for our money.Anyway,this is a great concert and you know it would sell,dont you?

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad Remastering, 18 Jun 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars new elvis fan, 5 April 2008
D. Burchell (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Shook Up (Audio CD)
i have recently become a big elvis fan and have most of the elvis box sets containing all the kings records. and have also brought most of the follow that dream live concert sound board cds.personly i think elvis was at the top of his game in the 70s vegas concerts.i am listening to the ,all shook up concert as i write this reveiw.what we have here is the full august 26 , 1969 midnight show in vegas,most of this concert we already have on other releases,but it is very intresting to hear elvis inform the audience that del shannon is in the audience tonight,just after elvis sings runaway.this is also the show that elvis cracks up laughing while singing are you lonesome tonight.but what really makes this cd worth buying is the ausum sound quality which is supurb (as good as any studio album) also the mix is outstanting , but than i think all the ftd releases sound mighty fine,but maybe its becouse i have a digital multi channel amp as ive noticed that many reveiwers clam the sound on these soundboard concerts sound flat but i just haven't found that to be the case at all,all i can say is that on a surround sound amp these concerts sount excellent and the sound mix on this cd is just supurb,the best yet.elvis is having a great time in this concert . buy this cd now !

5.0 out of 5 stars All Shook up made me shake., 9 Jun 2006
Angela M. Grange "angie" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Shook Up (Audio CD)
This is without doubt the finest concert cd in the follow that dream series.It made me laugh so much.Elvis is in fine voice and you can tell that he really enjoyed the show.

In this cd we hear the real elvis who had such a good sense of humour,his laugh is infectious.

3.0 out of 5 stars How about some remastering?, 21 Oct 2005
Nebojsa Nikolic (Belgrade, Serbia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Shook Up (Audio CD)
Right now as I write this I am listening to the "All Shook Up" CD of the "famous" FTD series. From the first CD I was wondering whether to comment this great rip-off or not. I found myself impossible to restrain from comments. If you didn't have any moral obligation to provide some great booklet with perhaps some rare photos, or something like that for that price, then you could at lest do something about the terrible production. The sound is flat - dead. If I can do the remastering, I suppose that the lovely people from the RCA "Evening Institute" can do it too. Now I have 9 of them live FTD issues. Two more are on their way. All I can do is to keep on buying these abnormally expensive issues, do the digital remastering myself, and be as happy as a sand boy. So, Mr. Jorgensen, if ever in your life you get a funny urge to do something about production (believe me, it can be done) and justify this price, I would be more than pleased to help.
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. Polk Salad Annie and What'd I Say are missing as well!!!

ARRAY(0xb5bf4ee8)

All Shook Up
All Shook Up by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2008)