4.0 out of 5 stars This really is a great game
Published on 5 Jun. 2006 by Mr. Michael S. Rhind

3.0 out of 5 stars Need for Speed Most Wanted on XBox
First time I played this game, it brought back memories of Driver, although this game is a lot more about the racing than it is about chases.

Published on 19 July 2006 by D. Martin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This really is a great game, 5 Jun. 2006
Mr. Michael S. Rhind "MikeR" (Glos. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
First up, the reason I only give this game 4 out of five overall is really just a personal gripe: sometimes the cops seem to catch me even though I am still (theoretically) able to drive away...this may have to do with the fact that I always play car games with the 'in-car' view..my son plays watching the car from outside and doesn't seem to have this problem...heigh-ho..

Other than that this game is frankly awesome, the cars look great, sound great, and the graphics are superb, with as far as I can tell at 200mph, no glitches at all.

One point to those who have already read the other reviews complaining a bit about the drag races, let me give you a hint: the drag races are NOT always won by simply nailing the gas and banging up through the gears! I have won at least three (I forget) by closely tailing the opposition waiting for THEM to crash, and at least two have needed DOWN-shifts as well! In other words they all require a little bit of thought as well as quick reactions!

I completed the career mode quite quickly, but that was more to do with the 'just-one-more-go-ness' of the game, rather than because it's a bit short. Even so, I STILL can't put it down.

You NEED this game in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Please be advised., 21 Jun. 2012
Oliver J. Malin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
This product i remember to be one of the best games i have played since my early gaming days. It brings with it a great sense of driving and skill rather then previous Need For Speed games.

Please be advised this original Xbox game WILL NOT be able to play on an Xbox 360, i tested it even with a Live account active and there is no possible way.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!, 11 Mar. 2006
Samuel. Wild (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
This is a fantastic game. So much bigger than NFSU 2 (see my review written by Sam Wild).This is amazing in different ways. First, the cop chases, which makes this game so much better than NFSU 2. The new modes (speedtrap and tollbooth make it stand out in the crowd. The already present race modes like sprint etc have been improved so much, with bigger jumps and more scenery to crash into. The only bad race mode now is the drag. I have played both NFSU 1 and 2 with the shift button as X. They have changed how you rev at the start of a race, so when you go off the starting blocks your engine blows. But overall, pursuit is the best mode. In heat 1, cops will try to just ram you, in heat 2 you will have unmarked cars that will mainly put road blocks up. In heat 3, you will have Vauxhall Monaro's after you and specially made ramming vehicles called rhino's. In heat 4 police will deploy unmarked monaro's,spike strips, helicopters, and spiked roadblocks. In heat 5 police will deploy Chevrolet Corvette's, helicopters, spiked roadblocks and and unmarked rhino's. Heat level six has most cops in Rockport. Sargeant Cross (your main rival apart from Razor)and his street racin' units will come after you. The units are unmarked Corvette's. Also specially made suv's will chase after you. At this level police will try to catch you with everything they can get. In Heat 7 (only available on Black edition) all of the things mentioned will come after you.
Overall what an AMAZING!!!! game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need for Speed: Most Wanted (xbox), 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
This is the second Need for Speed game owned (previously only DS NFS Undercover played). Found the graphics better on this game, the flashy cars are more detailed and faster than ever. The controls are simple to understand and are more manageable after some practice. An overall great game for up two players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpson on game, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
As brucie says"good game" it was a good game .got it for my 16 year old son.his 360 packed in ,so i gave him my old xbox.and got him a few games he fancyed.game was like new.all intructions were in box.and mint condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cars, 4 Mar. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
love making up the cars as i want to be a designer when i'm older

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
I have only really played two or three need for speed tiltes before, and I thought they were good, but this was the best I have played. I liked the environments, the cars, the races, and I loved the police chases [those were my favorite part].
The story was a little cheesy, but then all the need for speed stories are a little cheesy.
But this is the first nfs title that i have fully completed.
I know it's almost ten years old now [at the time of this review] but it's still a great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing service, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
I stupidly ordered the wrong game for my son so had to contact the seller in hope of a swap. The customer service I received was second to none, The seller sorced the correct game and kept me informed of what was going on with regards to delivery and costs. I was not charged any additional costs and the new game was resent in excellent time. I cannot recommend buying from this seller highly enough! What could have been a difficult scenario was completely painless. A big thank you again!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)
could not wait for this to be delievered, came earlier than advertised, love playing against my mates, i won every time

3.0 out of 5 stars Need for Speed Most Wanted on XBox, 19 July 2006
D. Martin "Dan" (London) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) (Video Game)

You can either play a career game where you get to fight your way up to the top challenging 15 rivals, there's a challenge mode where you have to complete challenges (60 of them or so) I didn't play many of these as I had done similar things in the career mode anyway, and then there's multiplayer, which I haven't player either on or off-line so I don't know what this mode is like. In career mode there is a list of requirements that you need to complete before you can challenge the next rival.

The graphics look pretty good, the music is suitable, plays well too, the cars available feel different when you drive them and you notice the improvement when you upgrade them, there's a good selection of cars... although this is no Gran Turismo. I feel that the customisation options are a little limited. The cities where you get to race seem pretty big at first but after a few days of racing you'll feel that you have raced similar courses all the time, so it is not as big on circuits as it could be the first impression but overall I think it's reasonable.

Also this game has some serious flaws, for example when in pursuit mode trying to complete the challenges and achieve bounty points I got busted through no fault of my own, I'll explain, while I was being chased I run through a pursuit breaker (which are certain places in the city where you for example run through the pumps at the petrol station making it explode and stopping all the cars chasing you that were close behind) well sometimes after this there was a spike trap set just near one of these pursuit breaker points and my car run automatically through the spikes meaning that I got busted and I couldn't do anything about it because after you run through a pursuit breaker point you don't have any control over the car for an instant, so MY ADVICE: steer well clear of pursuit breakers if you see a barricade nearby, or you will get very angry like me if you get busted after playing for like 10-15 minutes and achieving lots of points and completed challenges.

Things I would liked to have in this game, an editing replay mode, and why didn't they include a circuit maker of some kind?... all in all a good street racing game.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Xbox) by Electronic Arts (Xbox)