4.0 out of 5 stars The best NFS game ever
This is a truly astounding achievement by EA, on this version of Need For Speed. The hot exotic cars are back, coupled with a few favourite tuner cars from the previous Underground series. The graphics are amazing, considering I have a high-spec PC myself I was able to tune the graphics all the way to max, and still manage a solid 60 FPS, well enough to make any console...
Published on 29 Nov 2005 by J. Lebile-Holo

1.0 out of 5 stars false advertising
this game is the 2014 not the original! no way to return it, very annoyed! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL
Published 1 month ago by llewellyn miller

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU ARE ADVERTISING THE WRONG THING, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Firstly I would like to say that the original game was amazing, which is why I wanted it back, but when I got my game today I find out that you are selling the new one but advertising it as the old one! This is false advertising so get it fixed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one ever., 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is my fav' of the NFS series by far. I would say everyone knows about this game --But if you haven't played it you are missing out big time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only works on certain PCs, 7 April 2012
J. Schaude "Star Warze" (Luzern, Schweiz) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
When I ordered the game I didn't realize, that it only works on Windows XP. How stupid, that Vista and W7 can't run it. I bought myself another version later and the game itself is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars nsmw, 27 Dec 2011
Mr. Andy Hayman "pcdoc" (scunthorpe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Brilliant game loved it when it first came out and still do if u want fun smashing into cop cars and thing then this is the game for you.

The seller delivered the game way before it was due the packaging was more than i expected which is a good thing so this game gets 10/10.

Some of the races are abit hard but hey you can expect every race to be easy now so if your into smashing things and damaging buildings then this is the game for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 Dec 2011
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game has a fantastic look and feel, the police system is smart. Overall a great game. delivery was super fast and the game was cheap as chips. Excellent. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT GAME!!!!, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I first had this game on ps2 and finished it in about 6 months it was the best need for speed i ever played so i have rebrought it on pc as i have recentely brought a new laptop which can run it i highly recomened this to everyone and anyone intrested in cars

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun at first, but gets repetitive, 13 Mar 2006
M. S. TUNSTALL (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
First of all, I'd like to say that the graphics in this game are excellent. I was blown away by the photorealistic textures, real-time reflections, and diversity of locations, and I was running at 1024 x 768 on a Radeon X800 GT, a budget card.
To the person who said that the graphics are average, please tell me what other racing game has better graphics? I'd love to see it.
But graphics do not a game make, unfortunately. I totally agree that the game is unrealistic and perhaps too easy.
It's true that you cannot damage your vehicle no matter how many times you crash or ram other vehicles, and you can almost always catch up on the other racers, regardless of how you idle.
It would have added tension to the game if you could damage your car, especially in the police chases. You can break every roadblock simply by ramming the cars, and then use nitro to escape, which I think is pretty poor.
All in all the game's fun to start with but then you see it's weaknesses and get bored. The fact you can't play as a cop really upset me, too :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Increasingly repetitive and annoying!, 20 April 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The demo was great fun so I bought the game, the graphics are great, the music is quite good, and driving the car is fun...

I'm about half way through the "Blacklist" where you have to complete various race events (Drag race being the most annoying of them all), milestones (crash into 8 police cars for example and escape), achieve a certain amount of police bounty before being deemed worthy to race the next person on the blacklist. Each time you beat one of the people on the blacklist, the amount of races, milestones, and bounty needed increases, so on the way to racing the 7th person, I have to win 7 races, complete 4 milestones, and get 1.6million police bounty - at this stage with my car MAXED out with ALL available upgrades it's getting increasingly difficult to beat the other racers - making it even more repetitive as I have to try again and again for the perfect race (any 1 crash will put you last). If I continue and beat number 7, then next time I guess I'll have to complete even more races (8?), milestones (5?), and get more bounty...

If you buy any other car you have to race over and over again to get enough money to upgrade it enough for it to be competitive at this stage making it even more repetitive and annoying. (You can't just buy some other car for fun to compete in because it wont be up to the same speed as competitors, so you're limited to racing in your most upgraded car).

Annoyingly there's no damage to your car, apart from a few paint scrapes. I've completed 37% of the game overall, I'm pretty much at the point where I simply can't be bothered playing it anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Need For Speed has had it's peek!!, 15 Oct 2007
Mr. R. Last "DJ_CUCKOO" (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
For those who remember the older NFS games such as NFS 2 (It was great in its day...) where the experience was a bit different to the tacky Arcade racing games of the time.
NFS 2 had dashboards and authentic steering wheels. The traffic did tend to get a bit unpredictable but at least they were competent.
But in NFS Most wanted they are a real pain, they stop and start and cut you up which wouldn't happen on a normal road, right??
NFS 3 brought us the Coppers... They'd chase you around and they'd book ya then you could continue the game without problems. But in NFS Most wanted the game ends...Boring...

Also in NFS 3 there was night driving -> who would enjoy doing a tonne in pitch black alternating full beam and normal??

There are no frills such as dash board or even a Look Left and Right option in NFS Most Wanted...
NFS Porsche Challenge had more realism as computers evolved and the cars could stick to the road like they should...

The cars in NFS Most wanted have no unique characteristics except the well detailed body work as well as no dashboard or any general features, though there is a look behind option...whoopee...
There isn't really a huge feeling of excess speeds and the police will catch you up if you were doing 45 or 145 there is no cross over most of the time...

The worst thing I must add though is the basic steering.

If you take a bend at speed it is usually nice to stay in the lane but it is hard to do that in this game as the steering is so ARCADE.

You have great driving conditions and brilliant scenery and lots of driving space but the fun isn't there because of all of the great things about the Need for speed series are left out...

I like a balance of speed and realism/Quality and this game is just like every other ARCADE game of today. All about the modding of a car to make it exactly the same as every other car in the collection and a very hasty design of the basics of proper racing.

As long as the target audience for this game stays pretty low (ie: about 7) these games will never improve for people who know that ANY car handle more steadily than in this game.

Thanks for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars crying out loud these reviews what more do they bloody want from I bought there freaking product now leave me alone, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows XP)
4.28