5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Funny
Published on 14 Feb 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Unusual road movie
I remember enjoying this movie when first released. But Ben swillers search for his birth parents has not stood up to time and I found their were tedious moments despite some wonderful performances particularly from arquette who I wish I had seen in more movies
Published 9 months ago by olinda adeane

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Funny, 14 Feb 2004
By A Customer
Everybody in this film is perfect. There are several jokes and different subjects to see and laugh. Mel Coplin (Ben Stiller) is looking for his real parents and a skinny dancer oh sorry an adoption agency is helping him. Coplin and his wife meet different people and face so many problems. I just finished watching this film and it was a long time that I had not laughed like that. I just can say "Do not miss it".

2.0 out of 5 stars Unusual road movie, 12 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars flirting with disaster, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Flirting With Disaster [DVD] (DVD)
the film flirting with disaster with ben stiller,its a good film,its very romantic,and i really enjoy the film.this is a romantic film and is very good film i really enjoy.i will recomended to my friends.i love

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest movie EVER !!, 5 Mar 2006
This review is from: Flirting With Disaster [DVD] (DVD)
This is a totally hilarious movie. Lily Tomlin, Mary Tyler Moore, Alan ALda, and Ben Stiller are riotous. I laughed out-loud from start to finish.
MUST SEE !!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm, but somehow likeable., 14 Sep 2001
By A Customer
Anyone expecting this film to be 'wacky' or laugh-out-loud funny is going to be disappointed. However, it's a pleasant movie that keeps one's interest to the end.
Essentially, it's the story of a young man (Ben Stiller) who travels across America looking for his 'real' parents. (He was adopted as a baby.) Accompanying him are his wife (Patricia Arquette) from whom he's recently become a little estranged following the birth of their first child, and an attractive young single woman from the Adoption Agency (Tea Leoni.) One doesn't have to be Einstein to work out what happens next...
What gives the film its charm are the performances from the three main characters. Leoni is the best, exuding a combination of nervousness and gawky sexuality. Arquette is good as a 'smug married' who, without knowing it, has begun to let herself go a little bit, and Stiller plays a difficult role to perfection - a man who doesn't really know who he is or what he wants from life. Cute, but not wimpish.
Unfortunately, some of the supporting characters appear to have wandered in by mistake from a Woody Allen film. Alan Alda appears to be sleep-walking and Mary Tyler Moore plays a particulalarly annoying Jewish American mother.
The main problem with this film is the script. The ending is hurried and somehow unsatisfactory. One gets the feeling the writers came up with an interesting storyline and some good characters, but then didn't really know what to do with them. And they should have included a few more jokes.
This movie is good for a quiet night in. I don't think, however, it'll make it onto anyone's list of All-Time Favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flirting with Disaster, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Flirting With Disaster [DVD] (DVD)
Received in excellent order and an excellent film to brighten up the day, so thank you very much for the good service

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny Allen-esque comedy, 10 Feb 2002
R. Spendley - See all my reviews
I went to see this film at the cinema when it was released and thought it was very amusing. It reminded me very much of a 90s Woody Allen movie, (such as Mighty Aphrodite) with stiller in the Allen type role, a neurotic on a journey of self discovery involving many comic embarrassments along the way. And at this price it's worth purchasing to see for yourself this clever little comedy of errors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flat and dull, 30 Dec 2007
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Flirting With Disaster [DVD] (DVD)
I saw Three Kings, and I thought it was a brilliant film. Then I discovered that Mr Russell also does comedy, so I rented this one. I must say I was in awe of the director, that he could be so versatile. But when I saw this film, I was very disappointed. It didn't make me laugh once. It was overdone, silly, unfunny. So he's not such a genius after all.

ARRAY(0xa60ee2dc)

Flirting With Disaster [DVD]
Flirting With Disaster [DVD] by Eric Alan Edwards (DVD - 2005)
9.99