Format: DVD|Change

on 6 May 2015
My husband very happy brought back his childhood
on 8 July 2014
excellent 1 Gerry andersons dvds I missed
on 27 March 2009
Although SS is a mixture of Puppetry and live actors the overall effect is of a country in which no humans live but there are instead a few puppets running around. The opening programme theme tune which includes a ringing church bell and 'The Secret Service' title descending from the clouds towards the camera adds to the creepiness. And then Stanly Unwin peeks from behind the curtains of a window in a mortuary still vicarage.

And when he starts speaking gobbledy-gook..well!

It's the kind of stuff that will give you nightmares.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2011
My partner never thought he would see this series again. I found it when looking for Captain Scarlet and Stingray for our Grandson. It was bought as a surprise for him. He was over the moon re-living his childhood and our grandson is keen to watch it to.
on 26 August 2010
excellent probably not in your thunderbirds class but still very good.If you love the way stanley Unwin speaks, this is sheer joy. Happy days, what a shame these days are now lost childrens programmes today aren,t in the same league.
on 18 July 2013
Love these types of programs how they merge models with real life items. As a child it was amazing and still enjoyable as an adult. Hopefully pass that love on to my boys.
on 20 March 2014
I love all the Gerry Anderson series . I own quite a few. Big Kid really. This one mixes marrionettes with Stanley unwin. It works surprisingly well
on 3 October 2015
Had never seen this before...... Its well worth a watch. My son loved it (as much as I did) One day lets hope normal tele will show these again.
on 9 August 2015
Brings back childhood memories. the DVDs are excellent in quality, the picture much better than the original days on old TVs.
on 2 September 2012
Just as good to watch now, as the original TV programes back in 1969.
Enjoyable viewing for all ages. excellent.