5.0 out of 5 stars For the Doctor Who fan at heart!
I bought this for myself a week or so ago, although I couldn't use it until the other day because I had to order the batteries, and let me say it was well worth the wait! The light is strong, the sound is great and it's great fun for the child at heart.
The batteries, however, aren't included - AG13 batteries are also known as LR44 as I learnt later -...
Published on 16 Feb 2006 by CFletcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Info on batteries
Just to let you know, the batteries that are required (packet says AG13) are actually more commonly known as LR44 - readily available everywhere. Hope that helps.
Published on 22 Dec 2005 by MarkColchester

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST DOCTOR WHO TOY EVER?!, 27 Sep 2005
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
This is probably the best Doctor Who toy I've ever had, and believe me, I've had a few! They are recommended for children aged 6 and upwards. Well, I'm 37 and I am over the moon with mine. I've only been waiting, oh, since 1972 for somebody to make one! As a kid wanting to be the Doctor I always wanted two things: a full size replica of the TARDIS (inside and out!) and a Sonic Screwdriver. We're unlikely ever to see the former, but the latter has arrived at last! Yippee! I just can't believe it has taken so long for the BBC to realise the sales potential of these things...I've bought 3 since Saturday - two for friends - and we all love them. Just one word of caution - one of them wasn't glued together with the greatest of care. That aside, this is superb. All we need now is one that will actually open doors and see off aliens!!

4.0 out of 5 stars This door is locked!! ...Wait a minute... buzzzzzzzzzz, 4 Dec 2006
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
I got one of these for Christmas whilst Ecclestone was the Doctor and it came with no batteries.

The two nibs mean you can have some practical use for this - although it's not the easiest of things to hold and write with!

I loved this purely for the fact that EVERY time I went to a door I could pretend it was locked and then promptly unlock it with my Sonic Screwdriver! The joke wore pretty thin but I liked it!

Most people you show this to think it makes just the one noise, you need good hearing to notice the difference between the two.

It's a novelty bit of fun, and it'll give any Doctor Who fan a laugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fave Xmas Present, 7 Jan 2008
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
I got this as a stocking filler for my 7 year old daughter. It ended up being the most played with toy she got on Christmas day! If only I'd known beforehand I needn't have spent a fortune on all the other presents!
The wipe clean pad with invisible ink and UV light work well. Only problem is the detachable nibs tend to get detached and left lying around. Batteries were included - that alone probably covered the cost as it was reduced before Chtristmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars endless hours of amusement...., 5 Sep 2007
Miss E. Chambers "Hearts&Handcuffs" (Newcastle upon Tyne, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
the picture is misleading,it looks kinda fake in "real life". and in the picture the notebook doesn't look like that at all.The notebook has a red cover, and is blue on the inside. However it is a good buy, the black bit on the bottom can either be a black pen or a UV pen for writing on the notepad, so writing is only visible when Sonic is shined on it.But the box is rather big. Overall though, it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best toy ever, 13 Jun 2007
Andrew Kyle "Fangg" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
I'm far too old for this sort of stuff, and yet...It looks the spitting image of the one in the series, it sounds just like it and it lights up just like it. If i were a betting man i would say they just use the toy on the show and save money on the props. Of course it has no educational value (well...maybe some, it does teach kids about uv light and all that). I admit, i don't play with it like i am sure kids do, i just have it as a symbol of how far my geeky obsession with doctor who really goes. It sits on my windowsill beside my Remembrance Imperial remote Dalek and my TARDIS. For all to see. And i'm 24. So i'm not even being eccentric. Just geeky. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Screwdriver - A 9 year olds opinion, 29 May 2006
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
I'm a 9 year old girl and I like doctor who. I have purchased a sonic screwdriver, I have had it for a day and a bit of it has fallen off however it is really fun. It makes two realistic sounds.It comes with a spare nib. I am sure any 8, 9 or 10 girl or boy who likes doctor who would love to own one, adults might like it to.

I used it while I watched Doctor Who and zapped it when the doctor did!

So I totally recommend it just don't drop it because it won't last.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're reversing the polarity of the neutron flow..., 5 Nov 2005
Don Kepunja "ownstunts" (Retford, Northern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
How come it took them 30 years to market this? Anyway, now it's here, and if you can find something that's as much fun for a tenner I'll take three. I assume most of these will go to 34-year-old men (handy; their understanding wives will help put the slightly-fiddly batteries in the slightly-fiddly mechanism) and that's good because one imagines this item, though well-made and very like the telly one, could get knocked about by the smallest children if asked to perform too robustly. That said, I've used it to explode marsh gas, detonate land mines, reverse a teleport device and destroy the office computer. Gents, if you don't get one for Christmas there's a chance they don't love you...

4.0 out of 5 stars The pen cap is stuck., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
I got this in the post about two days ago. The packaging is different from the picture shown and looks like it was cellotaped closed. Any way, it works fine and came with batteries and the light works fine. I'm just having trouble getting the pen cap off. The bottom piece removes easily its just the actually black cap thats really jammed on shut. It's probably more of a malfunction than a problem with the product because i haven't seen anyone else complain about the cap being stuck. So, any ideas on how to open it would be super. But other than that it's fantastic! (pun intended)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my day, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
It was bigger than I thought it would be, which felt a little odd given that it's meant for children, but it gives the toy a more realistic and durable feel. I think it delivers everything it says in the product description. It has some nice details and features; the light is good and the sounds are perhaps not very strong but aslo good. One should remember that it IS a toy but even so, this toy was the highlight of my week. And I'm in my mid-twenties.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sonic screwdriver, 17 Oct 2010
Andrew Lambert (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver (Toy)
My son likes the Sonic Screwdriver but the UV pen nib broke after a day. If you can afford the cost of replacement (2.50 if you shop around) then it's a good buy but I'm not impressed with the durability.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›