4.0 out of 5 stars Canon 75-300mm Zoom Lens
I bought this lens as an alternative to the £500+ L series Canon lenses for my canon EOS 400D before going on holiday and it has been absolutely superb.
Published on 26 Aug. 2007 by John Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars **Beware**
This item is described as having image stability (IS) in the title. This is misleading! This lens does not have IS. I have promptly returned the lens and am awaiting a full refund.
Published on 27 Oct. 2010 by M. Krendler

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon 75-300mm Zoom Lens, 26 Aug. 2007
The foucs is admitably slow at times but this has not affected me too badly when shooting subjects inside and outside of doors. The lens itself is a nice weight (not too heavy but not too light/"plasticy") and fits nicely into my Lowerpro Slingshot 200 bag when attached to the camera body.
I spent months researching zoom lenses before finally buying this one and it has been a fantastic buy.
The minimum focusing range is quite high so you'lll have to stand quite a way away from your subject (which has meant me having to switch between this lense and my standard 17-55mm) but lets face it, you're not going to buy this lense for it's portrait-taking abilities. My tripod has been used very little alongside the lense because most of my shots have been taken in bright light (faster shutter speeds have been used) Although one would be useful during the winter months.
Be warned, if you want to avoid scratches on the lense itself, then a filter is a must-have (a lense cap is provided).
Images tend to get slightly soft at the extremities, but as long as there is sufficient light, your pictures will come out crisp and clear (I would post some on here if it were possible to prove my point!)
If you are looking for a cost-effective, reliable alternative and don't mind the slightly slower focusing then this is the lens for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Build, 14 Jun. 2008
Craig Ferguson "C. Ferguson" (Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England) - See all my reviews
After searching for my first lense for my Canon EOS 400D i decided i wanted something cheap with a little bit of zoom, so i got this one, and to be fair it has excellent quality, i have taken several pics of my cat at 75mm and 300mm the lense maintains the sharpness throughout, despite reading several reviews saying its not sharp at all, the hairs on my cat show up in quality.

i reccomend this lense for anyone looking to take portrait pics and also people looking for long shots of wildlife, aircraft ect.

the build also has a sturdy design, feels excellent with the grip also weighs a fair but, not too heavy so this is also a positive for the lense.

it focuses fast, the only down side what i think will smooth out is when i zoom past 275mm it get a little sticky, should smooth out with wear though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for that price, 23 Feb. 2010
bddidier (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
It is perfectly adequate as a walkaround lens. It is reasonnably light (one of the lightest zoom for canon probably), and non conspicuous, giving a nice 480mm equivalent focal length at the long end with my small sensor camera. I own this lens since almost 4 years and it is a great starter lens.
The autofocus is decent, also as it is micromotor USM and not ring USM it can be a bit slow sometimes, and certainly it is not ideal in poor light conditions like sunset or sunrise (I do not use a tripod), at least at 300mm.
Quality wise I like this lens. In fact it is not too soft if one stop down the aperture a bit, and frankly even at 300mm the pictures are decent, view on a computer or printed at 6x4 or 7x5. And nowadays it is easy to sharpen pictures, even with the software provided by canon or iphoto if one do not own photoshop or element.
All in all a good lens for that price, the only think I miss really is a stabilisation system like the one with the 70-300 IS (3 times more expensive so...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannon EF 75-300mm Zoom lens., 30 May 2009
W. Y. Davidson "wyd" (u.k.) - See all my reviews
The Cannon 75-300mm lens was a nice surprise to me - I was looking for the best value for the money and found this lens does exactly what I expected.
Good value and quality as expected from Cannon and this fills a gap nicely.

1.0 out of 5 stars **Beware**, 27 Oct. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars What IS?, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (Accessory)
Bought this item in the belief that it has Image stabilisation. Think someone was telling porkies! Promptly sent it back!

5.0 out of 5 stars ecxellent product, 12 May 2010
L. Parton "Lorry" (England) - See all my reviews
I brought it as a replacement for the one that got broken. Its an excellent lens and great for wildlife and sports photography. I would recommend this lens to any amateur photographer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description of the lens being sold, 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (Accessory)
The product title, product description and product image is incorrect for the lens being sold. Delivered was a USM lens (No IS). I have sent the prodcut back and awaiting a refund. Very unhappy how they can get it so wrong and still advertising as a (IS)Lens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon lens, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (Accessory)
was supposed to have been the superior 70-200 IS USM lens at a great value price. Was sent this instead after they had probably realised they'd made a pricing mistake. I returned it for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (Accessory)
I bought this as a used item. It was exactly as described-in excellent condition-and it's a great addition to my canon lenses.

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM