4.0 out of 5 stars OK but I think there may be better things.
This is fantastic for learning the basics of any of the 31 languages. It has an excellent section on grammar but the rest is basically a list of about 1000 sentences for each language. You have to learn each sentence one by one sometimes, and the way it is translated into English isn't the easiest to understand, but overall this is a good program.

The Russian...
Published on 11 Jan 2007 by Anonymous

3.0 out of 5 stars Grammer
Part of the blub is "Comprehensive grammer references complete with alphabet overview"

When promoting such a product it might be good to get the spelling right!
Published 4 months ago by Toby Micklethwait

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but I think there may be better things., 11 Jan 2007
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)

The Russian section on it is fantastic for anyone who speaks English. The French and Spanish sections are good, but they are more for beginners than anyone trying to become more advanced.

The Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greek etc (all the transilterated) are o.k. for a short holiday but not if you wanted to speak it at an advanced level.

Basically, I would recommend this product for beginners and anyone going on a foreign holiday. The price is exceptional for the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning a new language., 8 Feb 2013
G. R. Maskell (West Yorkshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)
I am sure that this is a good product once you get into it. I find it difficult to understand the programme having not learned a foreign language previously. My problem is knowing how to start as there does not appear to be guidance in this regard. However I am getting to like it as time goes on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Grammer, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)

When promoting such a product it might be good to get the spelling right!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for basic language, good conversations, no translation facility, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)
Good for beginners-intermediate not advanced users; for that I give it 3 stars. Lacks on usability; not as powerful as other applications out there (but they do cost a lot more) so for your money and sub $40 good choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money, 13 Feb 2010
Fay T. Swan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)
I was very disappointed with this programme. I dont feel it can teach you anything of use - except possibly pronunciation. The german was a table of contents with section 12, 79 31 etc but that only related to the words of a very short page of text. You might be lucky to get to your hotel, beyond that you're on your own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good program... not great with Vista and my system!, 14 Feb 2009
Chris Bell (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World (CD-ROM)
I bought this program to help improve my vocab in German and to allow me to get a smattering of other languages too.

It can do that, certainly, but I am a little foggy as to whether I have set it up wrong or if it conflicts with something else on my slystem. The graphics are very blocky and come out in shades of pink and green no matter what I do with my settings (and I have a very good graphics card, so it ain't that) and some ofthe options just don't display right... or at all.

I can still use the program for listening and speaking (which is the majority of what you need) but the visual side is pretty unusable on my computer.

Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World
Teaching-you 31 Languages of the World by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows 7 / 98 / Me / Vista / XP)
6.15