5.0 out of 5 stars An Action Reply cartridge that has a dual role.
Published 21 months ago by Mastergaijin

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible
do not use it has competely wrecked my pokeon leaf green the first time i played that game
Published on 26 Aug 2009 by T. J. Greeman

5.0 out of 5 stars An Action Reply cartridge that has a dual role., 24 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
This handy little piece of hardware is ideal for those who want to get more out of their games. I find that cheating BEFORE you complete a game diminishes its fun. That is why I complete a game FIRST and THEN I use this handy little cartridge. You simply choose which 'cheats' you wish to run, and away you go. Unlock secret levels, gain infinite lives, access areas that you didn't even KNOW about. A very handy little gadget that is fully upgradable with all the latest cheats etc. from the Action Replay website.
Works on both the Nintendo DS/DSLite and the Nintendo Gameboy Advance.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 26 Aug 2009
T. J. Greeman - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for DS owners - ok for GBA owners, 28 April 2006
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
Firstly you have to have a GBA game in order to use this item which they don't make clear. I had to buy one as I only have DS games.

Secondly they don't make it clear that there are no cheat codes for DS games!!! This is so annoying, all I want is some cheats like extra lives, extra money and items but no - you can't do that.

If you are a DS owner, you have to download what are called game saves from the internet (bad news if you are on a modem!) and these are limited to what other people are willing to share - in other words there is not that much available. Also I don't want to overwrite my game with someone else's game save - useless for a game like animal crossing which is unique to you.

The manual is rubbish. It took me ages to work out what to do (I am in my 30s with a good degree so hardly stupid) and when I did work it all out was so disappointed.

Even if you are a GBA owner, you cannot manually add codes in, you have to download them from the internet which takes longer as it takes ages to plug it all in and get it running.

All it is good for is backing up your ds game saves - so what!

Don't waste your money - wish i had spent mine on buying another game instead!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the Action Replay Max Duo, 20 July 2009
Joseph S. Gransaull (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
When I first used it it was great, but on the first day I had it; it broke. It tried to turn it on and off again, but even that didn't work. Before long it couldn't even start up!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 10 April 2006
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
If you're considering getting one and you have a Nintendo DS, don't bother. They don't even have any cheat code options for the Nintendo DS whatsoever. All you can do is back up your saves and your game. It also doesn't tell you on the box or item description you NEED to own a GBA game and insert it in to the unit to get the DS version to work... or so you would think.
You can allegedly connect to your PC to back up files. I say allegedly as firstly the on/off switch on mine was broken making it extremely difficult to get it in to USB server mode. When it did, it managed to connect to my computer twice for half a second each time in an hour of trying to link it with my PC via USB cable (the cable is very loose in the USB port on the unit). THEN when I got it to connect for the third time it told me I had no game card inserted and then refused to connect again even though it was inserted correctly. Sigh. The manual is rubbish and the codejunkies.com site "support" is even worse.
Too long and didn't read? In short, don't waste your money on this junk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmm.., 1 July 2006
A. Davies - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
This is good, if you know how to use it.

Just get a game save from GameFaq, then backup your old save then send the downloaded save on your DS cartage. Easy, and for example; Animal Crossing is the perfect game to demonstrate the usage of this product. Get the Map Editor, back up your save duplicate it then edit it using the ME. Transfer it back in, walla! A perfect save. Good product, if you know how to use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 29 April 2006
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
We bought this game for our 12year old son who was extremely upset when he opened it on his birthday to find that it did not work on the Nintendo DS games. Nowhere did it say before we bought it that this was the case. It was a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A honest review, 13 Jun 2006
Jenna Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) (Video Game)
As you can see from the above reviews people have said this is pretty awful.But it is not awful it is very good when you get it check to see if 2 pins are soldered together if so the machine will work alot better and allow you to do certain things you wouldn't of been able to do before with it

Buy this it is a great piece of equipment!!

A*

Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA)
Action Replay Max Duo (Nintendo DS/GBA) by Datel Direct Ltd (Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS)
Out of stock