5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Debut from Owen Pallett, 29 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Has A Good Home (Audio CD)
This is the first solo album from Owen Pallett, in the form of "Final Fantasy", following other work by Toronto bands he's played in such as Les Mouches and Picastro.
First heard FF supporting, and playing with, Arcade Fire on their recent UK tour. Bought the album then and wasn't disappointed.
The musis ranges from the more accessible, "poppy" tunes such as "This is the dream of Win and Regine" and "The CN Tower Belongs to the Dead", to more challenging but ultimately rewarding songs such as "Library". All the tracks are linked however by strong melodies and riffs (on the violin) and excellent lyrics and vocals.
If you like Arcade Fire (and everyone should) this album is definitely worth a try. Owen did many of the string arrangements on 'Funeral' and his music is like a stripped-down, rawer version of some of their tracks.
Also worth a try if you like Patrick Wolf and Antony and the Johnsons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Fantasy's debut album, 26 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Has A Good Home (Audio CD)
Final Fantasy toured with The Arcade Fire, both bands I saw at Birmingham. Well, if you can call Final Fantasy a band. Take one incredibly talented man, add a violin and an effects pedal on loop (sorry techies, I don't know what this is called!), and you get the most incredible music I have ever heard. Although this album is great, it doesn't quite compare to seeing this cute geeky 20-something standing on stage in trepidation and then making the most fantastic sound. Buy the album, then do your best to go and see him in the flesh. I guarantee you, you'll be more than impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This record makes me believe in good things, 24 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Has A Good Home (Audio CD)
I bought this album without any prior knowledge. First
I liked only a couple of the songs, but after a week I fell
for it completely. Beautiful pop music that makes you
think of summer and the people you love.
"Has a Good Home" cheers me up when I'm feeling bad.

And the lyrics are witty and thoughtful, as well.
Buy this album if you need some extra energy and love
to your life. Do also check other stuff from the
Tomlab company, like Casiotone for The Painfully
Alone or Patrick Wolf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 2 Mar. 2009
Daniel M. Cragg "daniel martyn" (Glasgow, Scotland, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Has A Good Home (Audio CD)
I found this guy on Last.fm when streaming Patrick Wolf and I have to say I'm blown away. Such a talent. The way this music is pieced together with pockets of emotion and swells of strings is outstanding providing me - the listener - instant gratification and contemplation with each listen. Love it. Off to buy the other album as we speak.

Has A Good Home
Has A Good Home by Final Fantasy (Audio CD - 2005)