5.0 out of 5 stars Just does exactly what it says on the tin. A fine choice!
I still use my old 35mm SLR cameras despite having a DSLR because I still like them.

This film is a good all-round choice for general purpose snapping away in a variety of conditions. I was considering using Fuji's excellent Velvia slide film, but it's a bit pricey and anyway I can use my D90 if I want fantastic quality.
This Xtra 400 gives good...
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by G. E. Hearn

2.0 out of 5 stars FILM STOCKIST SUPREME (in my book)!
Old fashioned enough to use it - good to be able to buy it somewhere. still like my negs and prints.
Published 3 months ago by Pat W

5.0 out of 5 stars Just does exactly what it says on the tin. A fine choice!, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Fuji Superia X-TRA 400-36 Film (Colour) 3 Pack (Electronics)

This Xtra 400 gives good reproduction of colours and a wide dynamic range with just the right amount of grain to give the pictures that "warmth" associated with film images. I was turned onto it by a chat with a wedding photographer who uses this as his default film choice. If he makes his living using it then he knows an awful lot more than I do, so I followed his lead. I'm glad I did too. It works really nicely.

The Xtra 200 is also great, but I find the 400 gives me a bit more latitude in low light conditions.

Good stuff, although look around at different online sellers because the price varies enormously. I usually reckon on 3 rolls of 36 exp. for about 10 or less.Don't buy this stuff in the High Street because they charge well over the odds for it!

For the best value processing service, I'd recommend a search online for "Fuji Digital Imaging". You'll be impressed.

UPDATE:

Over a year on, and I've tried most of Fuji's 35mm colour print films, as well as the "pretty good" Neopan 400 B&W C-41 process stuff, and the execrable Kodak BW400CN.
And? The more I use Xtra 400 the more I realise just how good it is. It's one of Fuji's cheapest films and yet it always looks great. It's very tolerant of over-or-under exposure and it just... Works!

Let's hope that Fuji don't discontinue this one because it's just a good, safe and solid all-around choice.

You can't go wrong with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fuji Film, 15 Jan 2011
What is there to say, unfortunately film is
being forced out of photography to give way
to digital. To us old school photographers
there is and never has been a better film
than FUJI for true colour, fine grain and
consistant good results. This order was with
the usual efficiency I expect from Amazon!!!
Delivery free and NEXT DAY despite the xmas
rush. You may safely say that I am a very
happy bunny!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji Superia, 14 Sep 2011
We were very pleased to find this film which we always like to use, at a good price, also the delivery was very quick .

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Feb 2011
Picture quality is excellent as is the quality of the colours. I used this film in my retro camera whilst on holiday in New York. Both camera and film kept up with busy pace wonderfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji Superia 400, 22 April 2013
-EFox- (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A great film with great colours - sometimes the cheaper films produce very bright and somewhat garish colours, but this Fuji Superia shows nice subdued and natural tones. It struggles a little in dark shade and sunsets, as the quality suffers due to the films slight inability to produce rich blacks, but using it in good lighting produces sharp, clean and happy results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality film results, 16 Dec 2011
Brian Adams "Barney Elf" (Coleraine, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this 400 speed Fuji Superia CH 35mm film for my aging Canon EOS 1000F(N) film slr and was pretty impressed at the results.
I get great colour range with sharp detail and good texture and when the prints are scanned into my computer I get brilliant results especially printing at A4.
I will be purchasing more of this film in the near future.
The package was well packed and delivered safely on time and worked straight from the box with no hassle in loading first time. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 9 July 2014
no problems, all goodb

5.0 out of 5 stars Great responsive film under all lighting conditions, 24 Jun 2013
Fuji is a trusted brand and Superia 400 is an excellent film under all lighting conditions. Its got a very fine grain and the colour reproduction is true to the original. It has amazing tolerances and is exceptionally responsive whether you are capturing fast moving action or taking photos of people. I love using it for taking panoramic pictures and blowing them up large and considering it is from 35mm it works extremely well. Thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 35mm films, 29 Mar 2013
these were brilliant when i used them on holiday, i took some really lovely nighttime photos with these and they were also very good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Always time for Film, 6 Mar 2013
I decided to go back to the good old Film Camera. And purchased. A Minolta Dynax 5 along with Fuji Film. I realise that Digital is here to stay and can be very useful at Weddings and for evidence. But their were times when a good old fashioned film camera can be so very tactile. I chose this Film as I used to use Fuji Film with my Canon A1 Black. Many people young and old alike have Film Cameras as a fall-back to the past. Incidentally, the Minolta Dynax 5 was a very advanced camera in its day and has by today's standards, up to date technology for a film camera.