4.0 out of 5 stars Every night I tell myself I am the Cosmos
The Plebs shouldn't comment. The other reviews are laughable.

The Posies never really had their day. They are a band with an immense talent that deserved so many more accolades. It is true that they cannot match Bigstar for out and out greatness, but they are still a damn good band and this is still a damn good album!
Published on 20 Feb 2010 by spatchka (no need)

3.0 out of 5 stars A pocket full of posies
Published on 3 Mar 2006 by David Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Every night I tell myself I am the Cosmos, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: Every Kind Of Light (Audio CD)
The Plebs shouldn't comment. The other reviews are laughable.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pocket full of posies, 3 Mar 2006
David Johnson "El Burrito" (Buenos Aires) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Every Kind Of Light (Audio CD)
Another record I bought on the strength of a review. Yet again I lived to regret my decision. Ok it´s not that bad,"Guess your right," is decent track, about a fractured relationship, at least it has a decent chorus. " Anything and Everything," the best track on the album has a nice riff and the lyrics carry the song nicely. "Second time around," is a catchy song that isn´t as cheesy as the kind of pop-punk tunes you here from American teen bands. "Last Crawl," is a nice enough melodic lament about the end of a relationship. The problem is that it´s all just so average and mundane. "Could he treat you better," is typical of this album, it sounds like Boy George trying his hand at blues. Completely harmless.
They´re pretty good musicians who write largely poor songs,"your´re too pure for this wicked world," might appeal to middle America but I just don´t dig it.
The melodies are all very nice but none of the songs have any bite or really go anywhere. It´s got no real character to it, The Posies sound like a bunch of thoroughly nice guys making thoroughly nice music.
I listened to this a couple of times and don´t plan on picking it up again. One of those CD´s that spends years collecting dusk at the bottom of your pile.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average - Fair!, 27 Mar 2007
J. Shepherd (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Kind Of Light (Audio CD)
Ok so I have only heard two songs: "I Guess You're Right" and "Love Comes" and totally agree with the last review! That pretty mush sums it up! I do like "I Guess You're Right" but after a few times through you end up wanting another level... it just get a bit 'same-ie'.

One thing that I thought was interesting is that those two songs actually come with Windows Vista as sample music!! Thats a bit weird! :-)

Every Kind Of Light
Every Kind Of Light by Posies (Audio CD - 2006)