5.0 out of 5 stars cracking
so then album number two for the driver boys...was the first just a stroke of luck...i mean fafara in two good album shock surely not!!!
well it has happened...this album is staggeringly good and far outstrips the first
Published on 24 July 2007 by ben_jekyll

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad album
This is the first time I heard Devil Driver. Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination but only 3 stand out tracks.but for 5.50 well worth checking out.
Published 17 months ago by D. Moreira

5.0 out of 5 stars cracking, 24 July 2007
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
the music has evolved into full on heavy metal...with a few blast beats thrown in to remind us that we are in dark teritory and it is absolutely fantastic!!!!!
the secret to this album is the change of pace...the first album(great though it was) was one dimensional and quite samey...but here there is more than just blast beating and shouting...witness the intro to the first song and the build up and release of "sin and sacrifice" and the fantastic chorus melody for the title track
that is where this album racks up the points...variety and the knowledge that a heavy part will sound even heavier when next to a quiet part and it is very effective.
as dez would say....all hail!
check this puppy out im pretty sure the metalhead in you wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars A more explosive Coal Chamber., 9 July 2005
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
The self titled album by this band was good. I enjoyed it. I had high expectations for this title, and I can safely say it has lived up to it. The first track "end of the line" to put it straight it's plain solid metal. It starts off with a really quiet intro which breaks into the drums then the guitar riff. It sounds amazing. It really sets the album off in style. When you compare songs from their self titled album to this its just amazing at how better the new songs sound. They're far more dark and heavy. I think all around this is the better album of the two.
After this the song "Driving Down The Darkness". The title sounds dark and evil and the song is pretty evil too. The vocals are good, far better than the style Dez used with Coal Chamber in my opinion. The songs would be good live I imagine, they would certainly get the crowd moving!
The song I like the most from this album is "Grinfucked". The initial riff of it sounds good and progressively gets heavier and faster. The drums sounds really powerful too.
"Hold back the day" was the first song I heard from this album as it was available for Download, it set a good impression of the new album for me. The drums in it are insane. It really sounds amazing. The band has stepped up a level with this album. Everything seems to be better than their last. Very metal, and I'm loving it.
Richy Muirhead

5.0 out of 5 stars The most immense metal album of recent years!, 12 Sep 2006
L. Walker "Rock God" (Darkest Part Of Hell) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
Every once in a while a truely amazing metal album is released. And now it is the turn of DevilDriver to bask in the glory! This album is immense, there is not a single bad song on it. From the minute you first press play right through to the end, I guarantee that you will be blown away.

Granted this album might not be to everyone's liking , but if you like your metal heavy, dark, unrelenting then this is the album for you! The vocals, guitars, bass and drumming are non stop and awesome and would make most peoples ears bleed, which isn't a bad thing!

Bring on the 3rd album is what I say!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its just beautiful., 30 Mar 2006
Joshua Sutterby "navaticus" (the happy hunting grounds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
Its an absolutley amazing album. how they can create something that good and not be knighted I dont know.
It is one of the best albums of the year.
buy it,
buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Immense, 7 Jun 2006
Mr. JP MORREY "coalduststar" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
easily one of the best albums out at the minute! translates perfectly live as well. waaay better than the first release- listen to it, buy it, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It will blow you away., 10 July 2005
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
I tell you what it's a good job Devil Driver singer Dez Fafara has a positive outlet to channel all this negative aggression. From start to finish it is a non stop onslaught of brutal, heavy, angry metal up your ass. There is no time to catch your breath between songs, one ends the other immediately explodes into your ears. This album has obviously progressed from the first self titled album, which I also highly recommend, it has faster yet more intricate drumming, deeper and yet more melodic singing and darker, pounding guitar riffs. Only once in a while a must have metal album comes along which every metalhead should purchase.
Metal album of the year without a shadow of a doubt. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10+++, 10 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
I think this easily be the album I've been waiting the whole year for...got it off Amazon the day it was released and of course their delivery was excellent and I got it ASAP.
From END OF THE LINE, an instrumental right through to BEAR WITNESS UNTO (hard to choose one, but my favourite track) and finishing with THE FURY OF OUR MAKER'S HAND, also a favourite, this album is to DIE for. Evvvvven better than their debut and that's phenomenal too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel The Fury, 5 July 2005
D. Slack (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
well, what can i say, i can only really agree with the previous reviewers and back up their views that this really is an amazing album that is totally gonna blow you away. From the first track to the last, the album is packed with amazing riffs and fantastic vocals that will have you coming back for more. The key track for me, and many others i believe is HOLD BACK THE DAY, i think this is/was tyhe first single, and quite rightly so, ab solutley fantastic. I can't really say much more, other than this is a great album that is bound to be fighting for some form of 'album of the year' award. So go on, trust me and all the others, take a gamble that is bound to pay off and buy this album. Have a good day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dez Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!, 3 July 2005
This review is from: The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand (Audio CD)
What can I say this is the album that we have all been waiting for Dez Fafara formally of Coal Chamber to make. With his new band Devildriver their new album The Fury Of our Makers Hand far surpasses their debut. With the opening of my favourite track End Of The Line it starts of with a reasonably mellow beat, which after a short time kicks into the main track this then gives you the feel for the rest of the album which is best listened to at full blast to totally annoy your neighbours, with tracks like Hold Back The Day and Grinf***ed this album will leave you smiling from eat to ear and eager to give it a respin straight after its finished.

4.0 out of 5 stars devildriver are back and better than ever!, 29 Jun 2005
owwww my god!
if you havent herd of this band our this album were have you been...? 'The Fury of our Makers Hand' the new titled album from devildriver is really the one to get and if you are onli planning to get one cd this month then look no further! with the awesome songs such as 'end of the line' and 'hold back the day' one thing is for sure with this albulm once you have lisntend to it once you will love it and wanna chaeck out the old one ! devildriver im my view are only gunna get bigger and bigger so check them out!

The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand
The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand by DevilDriver (Audio CD - 2005)