4.0 out of 5 stars Great teen comedy
They don't make 'em like this any more. No, really - I'm not just being nostalgic. While this is a funny (and sometimes side-splitting) film, there's a couple of things that set it apart from the teen-sex-comedies of nowadays, American Pie and the like.

Firstly, it's set in a regular American high school - it's set in Florida, but there's a sense that it could...
Published on 10 Oct 2007 by Mike Cormack

3.0 out of 5 stars Some bits are Hilarious?
I saw this about two weeks ago on channel 4 and i thought that some parts are hilarious, especially the shower scene and the end. Absolutly brilliant but it becomes shallow and boring when it isn't funny and it can be quite confusing but it's still god damn funny.
Published on 6 July 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars GHAPPY, 12 Sep 2013
Ms. S. Kok "siew_ying" (essex, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
Great buy...excellent quality and very happy customer!! Thank you for a great bargain seller!! Arrived on time and packaged very well indeed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars porkies, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
We watched these films years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them - still laughed all though, if you haven't seen them they are a must

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 22 May 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
A Classic film, well put together and good actors.
The plot is hilarious and the cars are fantastic to see and hear!

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this film years ago and ordered it for my teenage son. Was just as funny now and he loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes American Pie look like a Disney film!, 30 Mar 2013
Wayne Storton "Filmaholic" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
I remember watching this movie many years ago, when I was young and stupid. Now, being old and equally as stupid, I decided to revisit this 80's gem to see if it still had the power to crack me up. I am happy to report that it most definitely has. There are many laugh-out-loud moments....(the 'Lassie' incident, anyone?), but for me, the scene in the Principle's office 'post shower room' is the jewel in the Porky crown. I literally ached afterwards! Insanely, I replayed the scene 3 or 4 times, a decision my ribs and stomach muscles regretted considerably! If you haven't seen this movie yet, and you are into the bawdy humour of the American Pie type comedies, then I can strongly recommend that you put this on your 'must see' list. Porky's [DVD] Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my fiance and he thought it was hilarious. Well worth the money, but not really my kind of movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Porky's, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
Rude, crude and very funny. The benchmark all other teen movies since have tried to copy. Debut of Kim Catrall alone makes it worthwhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars xmas pressie, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
the person that I bought this for loved it. I didn't watch it, but I heard the laughter from the other room so I think it was a good choice. Possibly not for the easily offended though.

4.0 out of 5 stars GET IT AT PORKY'S, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
These days, sex comedies and gross-out movies abound, ploughing an ever-deepening trough of brainless smut. But Porky's was different. Sure, we're not talking a sophisticated, nuanced work of art - but it doesn't need to be to achieve its aims of entertaining us with high-school situations that most people can relate to. What sets Porky's apart from so much dross is its way with the characters, who are for the most part likeable. Writer/Director Bob Clark deserves a lot of credit for creating people who we will actually care about and believe in - pretty rare in a genre where most film-makers seem to think that audiences are so dumb (or stoned) that by merely by serving up lots of nudity/fart gags, etc, they are doing enough to justify the price of admission. Unlike so many of these films, Porky's has a quiet sense of nostalgia, and even a morality that would surprise the prudes who routinely condemn such films.

Porky's remains a very funny, sometimes touching look at high school life. The sequels are also worth watching, if not quite as good. I'd highly recommend the box set, The Ultimate Collection, for its extras, particularly the documentary with Bob Clark. Revisit these early 80s movies, and enjoy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars porkys, 25 Sep 2011
This review is from: Porky's [DVD] (DVD)
this dvd is a legend in its own wright i watch this when i was a young lad and laugh my head off and still laugh at it today classic film everyone should watch it 5 star.

richard heighes

Porky's [DVD]
Porky's [DVD] by Nancy Parsons (DVD - 2005)
4.09