5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Dell 530 runs faster and smoother.
I've given this five stars because it works in my Dell 530 with no problems and the result is favourable. Please read on for more info on how it has affected my PC's performance.

Published on 26 Feb 2008 by Osman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Great shame that it cost so much
Published 4 months ago by david zavaroni

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Dell 530 runs faster and smoother., 26 Feb 2008
Osman (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston Technology 1GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 DIMM (Personal Computers)

I specified my Dell 530 with 2x512MB RAM, with the intention of filling the remaining 2 slots later on. Kingston has been a tip-top brand in my experience. I have used their SD cards, USB flash drives and SODIMM laptop memory and all have performed perfectly.

I bought two of these 1GB DIMMs, so as to achieve a matched pair. I fitted them into the same colour vacant slots (2 and 4), which maintains the dual channel functionality (BIOS confirms this).

The PC booted up ok and running Vista's Windows Experience Index tool, the memory rating went from 4.5 to 4.8, whilst Graphics (I have only integrated graphics) went from 3.2 to 3.3. Not a huge increase for the former but I suspect that the ratings are not linear and may be skewed to favour top end hardware (e.g 800MHz RAM compared to my 667MHz).

Task Manager showed Total Memory went from 1012 to 3060, Physical Memory Cached went from around 530 to 1670, and Physical Memory Free went from around 30 to 768.

The Reliability and Performance Monitor showed CPU load went from 20% to 17%, whilst Memory load went from 57% to 29%.

Back in the real world of computing I find that programmes open and close faster and the hard disc has less activity during these actions. The PC was no slouch, but now it is like running on premium fuel rather than regular. It was a worthwhile upgrade, particularly so when working with large files or running several applications simultaneously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good memory. Does what it said on the tin., 30 April 2008
Had bought "Easyram" equivalents recently. They performed badly (stability wise) and went back. Bought these and not had a problem since.

Basically have bought (2*1GB of these Kingston modules) to help extend the life of an old WinXP machine that had made do for years with 2*512meg 533Mhz memory.

Good memory, good stuff, good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound product, great value, fast delivery, 19 Mar 2011
I bought 2x1GB memory cards to speed up my old DELL 5150. I installed them easily and there is a distinct performance improvement. Now I'll buy some more to get the full 4GB on my Windows XP machine. Excellent value, fast delivery.

I was careful to read the manual to make sure that these cards were the right spec (and not buy a card that had a higher spec than the computer could benefit from i.e. If you buy (say) 800MHz they won't run faster than 533MHz in my old machine). Also, if you install a new pair of cards with the old ones, the old ones might be 400MHz (mine were) - then Windows XP runs ALL the memory at the lowest speed. (These memory cards are 667MHz, but I think they were cheaper than the 533MHz equivalents anyway.)

Now I'm confident I've got the right spec and they work, I'll be replacing the remaining 2 memory cards to get the full 4GB = 4x1GB which is the best configuration. At this price, its worth doing - less than half the price of DELL memory and you are still buying a reputable memory brand. Very pleased so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., 3 Jun 2008
Mr. Thomas H. Capper (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these to combine with a Foxconn P4M900 Motherboard and an Intel E2220. 2gb of ram abosoloutely transforms windows vista.

The ram is easy to fit, reliable, cool and overclocks very well for such a cheap component.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value & Reliable, 16 Jun 2008
i bought 2*1gb strips of kingston ddr 2 667mhz to run in my new media centre PC. placed them in the same colour bays and i get a vista rating for the memory of 5.9. prosessor AMD 4800 X2 2.5gb per core. MSI K9N neo v3 motherboard and a ge force 8400gs PCI-E graphics card. and had no conflicts or unreliability with the system what so ever .. would recomend spending the extra few quid to get the 800Mhz version tho. otherwise great buy for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cheap Buy, 1 Sep 2008
This item worked flawlessly after Maplins had decided to include 2 faulty sticks of 1gb memorey and as sooned as i dropped one of these items in my newly built computer was up and running.

this is highly recommend stuff by myself as ive installed about 13 of these in seperate computers and have always been spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory, great price, 5 Oct 2010
This is the first time ive ever upgraded a PC myself, not a massive upgrade i know, but this chip has done its job, my PC is now much faster in many areas, and using my PC is now much less frustrating waiting.

This chip is brilliant especially for the price paid and the free delivery offered by the company i purchased it from anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1GB RAM memory, 7 Sep 2009
Ross Henderson (Scoland, UK) - See all my reviews
This was a very interesting product, as when i first saw it i was a bit wary because it was an electronic item that was so fragile, however i was very much mistaken as when it arrived it came in triple bubble wrapping and then that was placed inside a huge box.

The actual company were very professional as it was dispatched on time and arrived within 3 days and the communication was excellent, they replied straight away to my email were very helpful.

Overall i was very satisfied with this company and would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for cheap, affordable and very reliable memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly In a Dell E520., 7 April 2008
Jordan McClements "jordanmcclements" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says on the tin if you have a Dell E520 Desktop PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the side, 5 Feb 2010
Alan Hunter (Fife) - See all my reviews
I had upgraded my motherboard and found out I needed DDR2 memory. The MB came with 512Mb which barely ran my PC but when I dropped 2 of these sticks in, what a difference. Now with 2.5Gb I have my PC back again. Not much else I can say about it really but it came in at a fantastic price for the difference it made to my system. Well packaged from the seller and speedy delivery.
Also make sure you know what type of memory your board will take.