4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it
I'm a little conflicted about this film: it is currently my four-year old son's favourite film and he is watching it pretty much on a loop so I have watched it (or at least parts of it) many times.
Published on 8 Sep 2005 by John E. Davidson

2.0 out of 5 stars A little bit disappointing
Published on 17 Jan 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 8 Sep 2005
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
The film bears little resemblance to the original TV program, in fact it is really an action adventure/quest movie that just happens to use the Magic Roundabout characters. The plot is simple: there is an accident, caused by Dougal's love of sugar, which releases Zeebad (Zebedee's evil twin) who wants to turn the world to ice. Dougal, Ermintrude, Brian and Dylan embark to a quest to recover 3 diamonds that are needed to stop him.
People, like me, who grew up with the original TV series will have some problems with this film as it lacks the magic that made the TV series so special. However, the CGI animation is slick and very well done and the voice cast approach the whole thing with great gusto. Tom Baker has great fun as Zeebad, Joanna Lumley and Jim Broadbent are very good as Ermintrude and Brian but as usual Bill Nighy as the hippy rabbit Dylan steals the show (he finally get worked up when he realises if the world is turned to ice there will be no grass).
Not really for adults, and certainly not for hardcore fans of the original TV show but my son loves it (hence the decent rating).

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it TEN if I could!, 20 July 2005
I loved this movie. When it came out in the cinema, I admit I was skeptical...How could it possibly compare to my (albeit rather hazy) memories of the original series?
However, I needn't have worried. Pathe have come up with an all-new, action-packed story (though I admit the plot WAS very simple) using our favourite characters from yesteryear that will appeal to kids and adults alike. Look out for the little in-jokes and movie references that will have you laughing aloud...And watch the kids faces when you have a giggle at the jokes that go over their heads ;)

2.0 out of 5 stars A little bit disappointing, 17 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I rented this for my daughters aged 2 1/2 & 5 years old. I wouldn't say it was so much a disappointment for them - they both sat attentively from start to finish. However, I like to get them DVD's that we can all enjoy together and this didn't hold my attention at all. It had a weak storyline and the voices just didn't seem to match up with the characters. I have no memory of the Magic Roundabout many years before so it wasn't even that it didn't live up to my expectations.
It's not one that my girls wanted to hang on to and watch over again but OK for something to watch just the once.

5.0 out of 5 stars great film., 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Brilliant film, well we all thought so anyway. This film was a great price and unexpected fast delivery - so very happy. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good moive, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Kids loved it so it is good too get for the kids and keep them cool so get it ok

1.0 out of 5 stars DAMAGED, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
i ordered this film as a birthday present, but when it came it was all damaged, looked like a dog had bit through it, gutting

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Roundabout, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
My 4 year old son loves this film, and his 8 year old sister will 'tolerate' watching it too.

A typical good triumphs over evil in the end story, but as children's dvds go, this is a good one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it as much as the original, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Purchased for 5 year old daughter who loved it & it's now one of her favourites to watch. Arrived the next day & was well packed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the re-make - Where is the original ?, 4 Feb 2014
B. Vallance "vallance24" (Greece) - See all my reviews
My search parameters were "Magic Roundabout Original" and it just comes up with the re-makes. It says an awful lot for the original quality of the series that, despite the fact that no one has seen it for over 40 years, and everyone of appropriate age can still remember the characters and even some of the lines.
If it has been lost, then, just like the old lost Dr Who episodes, someone must have a pirate copy somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars great memories, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I got this for my grandchildren to show them what their nana and dad used to watch as children, hope they like it as much as we did

ARRAY(0xb1b8830c)

Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004]
Magic Roundabout [DVD] [2004] by Frank Passingham (DVD - 2005)
2.75