5.0 out of 5 stars Love, betrayal, and spring break with the Nanna!
Published on 31 Dec 2006 by Kona

3.0 out of 5 stars Weaker than the 1st season...
OK, first of all, the second season is much weaker than the 1st. The intersting character with interesting storyarks disappear by mid-season, and we are back to the same old. What was interesting in season 1 is no longer intersting in season 2.
Published on 16 Aug 2005 by mr_nek

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, betrayal, and spring break with the Nanna!, 31 Dec 2006
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Fans of The O.C. are sure to enjoy this Season Two DVD set. After last season's heart-tugging finale, the whole gang is back for season two: Seth and Ryan come home only to find their girlfriends have moved on and found new loves. The guys are no slouches, either: A new lab partner spells romance for Ryan, and Seth falls for the wild and worldly manager at the Bait Shop. Meanwhile, the adults are in for lots of drama as Caleb and Julie have marital problems, both Sandy and Kirsten feel the urge to merge with other people, and even the Nanna in Miami gets lucky...maybe. One main character will leave the O.C. for good, one will die, and one will shoot another.

What a season! The plotlines combine comedy and pathos effortlessly, the characters we came to love in season one continue to evolve, and the writing is superb. This DVD includes bloopers, lots of behind-the-scene cool stuff, and wonderful bloopers that were sadly missing from the season one DVD. I wish there had been commentaries by the lead actors, but there are two by the creative staff that are quite interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 2, 3 Sep 2006
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
This Season, dispite the bad comments is still a brilliant one. I myself, blame the total overflow of horrible new charcters that nobody liked..and more things that I will tell you soon. There was new charcter Lindsay - The most annoying charcter ever who liked to hurt your eardrums with the sound of her cello, and more importantly, ruin Ryan and Marissa., and just being genrally annoying. Then there was Rebecca..ooh Rebecca..where do I start. She came back to find young love Sandy, who she knew had moved on, was happily married, and had children. Did that stop her? no. She just thought she'd use the sympathy vote to charm Sandy away on Valentines Day of all days when Kirsten was stood up. And Carter..in my opinion he wasn't TOO bad..but still lured Kirsten away from Sandy which was dissapointing. Thats my other problem with this series. They made Both Kirsten AND Sandy have little affairs (&& When I say little..I mean one kiss) and arguments which broke the much needed stablility of the show. But in the long run..nothing like that could ever ruin Sandy and Kirsten..Simply because they are Sandy..and Kirsten. The perfect couple. And Sandy is much needed when Kirsten has a break down towards the end of the season. Marissa has got to be the most changed though. She Has a series of affairs with New charcter DJ, and Alex (and Alex is a GIRL!) She also is on and off with Ryan, and takes a little too much of a liking to his brother, or so he thinks. she also finds that her scheming Mum, Julie, is having an affair with ex husband Jimmy (Marissa's Dad) While she is married to Kirsten's Dad, Caleb (Yes Kirsten..who is the same age as her.) In this Season Marissa is rebellious towards her normally perfect life.

This Season gets a lot better, when The Rainy Day Women, (Which in my opinion, is one of the best episodes out of all the seasons) clears out most of the newbies. (Rebecca, Zach (To a certain extent) & Lindsay.) From this episode on there is a real diffence and its back to Season 1 standard!

The end of this season comes to a phenominal finish with the most upsetting episode yet, When Marissa does something she will regret,Kirsten goes off to rehab, and its Calebs funeral. this finale is definatly a tearjerker and I am 99% sure that by the end you will be in tears. And also the 2 episodes before, when Kirsten has a horrific car crash due to drink, Caleb has a heart attack, Summer and Seth finally re-unite, and Trey does something unforgiveable to Marissa.

Despite the sort of dissapointing start, this Season is still amazing and worth buying!

Hope this review was helpful =)

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the first season!, 26 July 2006
April McMahon (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I was not at all a fan of The Oc whilst it was on TV, and it wasn't until my flatmate put on her box set one night whilst I was lounging around reading a book, that I realised how good it was.

I had not seen the first season of The Oc, but that did not distract or confuse me at all. I was pretty much able to pick up from where it left off and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode so much that I begged her to watch the next few!

The whole concept of teenage television series' did not really interested me that much. Yes, Dawson's Creek was fabulous and all, but the teen life scenario seemed to have run out of ideas and good plots after Dawson's Creek ended. I think a lot of people were sick of it as well... but The Oc is definately not one to miss!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as original, 9 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Though this series was fantastic - don't get me wrong, it was utterly enjoyable viewing all the way through - I did feel that somewhere in the middle it began to lose the originality that made season one so...fun. The same plot line began to be recycled - I won't ruin it for future viewers but it does seem to follow the same formula. At the end however, the story suddenly began to race and ended wonderfully - drastically and very shocking. The quality was, as ever, perfect, and the acting and scripting fantastic. It was great to see the characters develop and grow from season one; this being especially evident in Ryan. Overall, still great television, and a critical need for any OC fan. Bring on the dvd release!

5.0 out of 5 stars The OC getting better and better, 12 Dec 2005
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
When I bought the first season, I was so thrilled about the plot I couldn't wait for the second season to be released on DVD. I'm from Belgium and that's a problem if you are a die hard oc-fan, what I mean is that the oc isn't broadcasted at the same time the new episodes are released in USA on Fox TV. The only way I can watch my favourite show is by waiting till the DVD-box is released each year in august. But when it finaly is, my free time is dedicated to watching this show... It's amazing, it's real time television and gives you a different perspective on a world of wealthy people, who are, on a additional level not so perfect at all.
Josh Schwartz has introduced a different point of view comparing to the first season, you will notice that Ryan is changing, he starts by using his brain instead of his fists, wich was, in the first season, something that played a key role in the the previous plot. However it's not something I miss, because, now, I think the Ryan character is developping a responsible key role in the story, which sets a great example for teenagers with troubled backgrounds...
Some things have stayed as before such as, seth's irony and great search for a live without women issues. Marissa's unstable family conditions, the fact that she's still very fragile etc... Summer becomes more and more funny and has lost a little bit of her bitchy performance acts. Which, in my opinion, is something I miss... but she becomes a mature young woman instead.
Also the new characters are from a great worth in the second season. DJ, Alex, Lindsay, Zach, Rebecca, Jody, Carter, Trey,... In the beginning I was quit uncertain if those character could interfere, in a natural way, with the firm group of the magic four, but Josh made it look perfect...
To all of you who haven't bought or seen anything from this amazing show, now is your time to act, I can asure you, you won't regret this by far...

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 25 Aug 2005
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The OC is one of my very favourite television programmes, I watch it religiously. I own the box set of the first season, and snapped this up as soon as it came out. I love watching it, and could watch each episode a million times without getting board.
However, I was highly dissapointed with the lack of special features. The Season 1 boxset included a music guide for several of the episodes, several mini-documentaries among other things. This includes only one commentary almost as an after thought.
Buy this if you just want all the episodes on DVD to watch when you want, however for a better experience import the US release (which includes the extras u'd expect)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Who cares about special features exactly, just watch the damn programme!! The OC is something that once you get into it, you're addicted. I never watched it and my friend got me into it by making me watch some of the second season, and I was hooked. Went on Amazon and bought it for myself, as well as the first season. What I want to know now is, when is the 3rd season on DVD???!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Chewing gum for the brain, 17 Aug 2005
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The OC is, once agian, a series that makes such easy vieing it isn't difficult to see why it has a huge following. With pretty people and far-fetched story lines, this series was not qiute as fresh as the first yet it still pleased!
For those who want a challenging programme to test their brain I would look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a good "teen drama" to watch on a lazy day then look no further. There is a reason why The OC has developed a cult following but it is this Dawson's replacement?

3.0 out of 5 stars Weaker than the 1st season..., 16 Aug 2005
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Also, the Region 2 version sucks big time, and there is only one pathetic commentary for one pathetic episode. And they even didn't bother to print a different cover box. On the back cover it states that there are 7 discs in this collection when there are only 6. The studio really couldn't care any less for the european fans, could it?

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing R2 Set, 4 Jun 2005
This review is from: The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Die-hard fans of Orange County antics certainly won't be impressed with this set when it is released two weeks ahead of the United States counterpart.
Sure, it contains all 24 episodes of the BRILLIANT second season of the OC - but the disc count has suffered. Whilst the US gets 7 discs, we're getting 6.
We're also getting fewer special features - if you want to see the Obsess Completely documentary that aired before season 2 began on E4, its not included on the R2 - but it is on the R1.
Several other features are cut from our UK release including bloopers from Marissa's kiss with Alex, but it will be on the R1.
My advice to the fans would be - forget this one, import the US one.

The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD]
The OC - The Complete Season 2 [DVD] by Tony Wharmby (DVD - 2005)
24.99