5.0 out of 5 stars Useless!!!! What are you talking about
Published on 20 May 2006 by Rob Roy

2.0 out of 5 stars Blade shape sux
I have used it couple of times so far, I have found it not very comfortable especially for trimming. I will look for something else. If you want to buy this product pay attention to the blade shape and see if it can be comfortable for you. Mine also came with only on comb instead of 3.
Published on 1 Jan. 2008 by jojo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Useless!!!! What are you talking about, 20 May 2006
Rob Roy (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
Have used the bodygroom for six months and it is fantastic. Using the foil gives an extremely close result always to the skin, using the trimmer attachment gives just that, a trim. Take your time and have never had an unfortunate nick in an embarassing place for a plaster. Let's be honest, this is not just about hygiene or hairy guys it's sensitivity as the ad suggests "the one with the shaved kiwis". Women love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blade shape sux, 1 Jan. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothy..., 16 May 2006
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
I get the impression some were expecting this to be a 'hedge trimmer' or a 'lawn mower'...which it ain't...

I am moderately hairy - no gorilla...I wanted it for underarms, as I suffer from irritation there and ummm...other delicate areas - for my wife's amusement ;) I have to say I am (as of Day 2) completely satisfied. Yes, I think the clip on 'rake' has to be treated gently (Philips could probably improve that) but I have used it without that with an excellent smooooth result. No nicks, no yells, no problem... As to the price being steep - no, my wife's Ladyshave was more expensive and is a similar device. I think it's great that Philips have come up with something for us guys who like an all over close shave... :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good basic product let down by a flimsy cutting guide, 9 April 2007
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
The BodyGroom does a great job both with and without the guide (as others have mentioned, do be careful 'downstairs' though!). Irritation is noticably less with the BodyGroom than with a normal razor if you want a close finish. However, my major complaint is that the cutting guide is extremely flimsy. You need to take extra care when removing it. I actually dropped my BodyGroom from a height of about 3 feet and the guide broke. I didn't manage to get it back together with Superglue either. I would expect a product from Philips to be considerably more robust. The lack of adjustability may prove to be inconvenient for some too.

1.0 out of 5 stars A close shave... Not!, 8 Aug. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
For this product to make me happy it had to meet one of three conditions:
1) Faster than using a razor.
2) Safer than using a razor.
3) As close and smooth as a razor, or better.
Sadly it does none of them. This product is advertised as being usable places where you may not feel comfortable using a blade. However the trimmers on either side of the shaver make work in close quarters feel risky, as a result it takes at least a long as using a razor.
Finally the closeness of the shave is quite poor. I'm one of those people who never got on with electric shavers anyway, but try to use this on uneven skin and you're lucky to get a smooth look, let alone feel.
So one star for being a waterpoof trimmer. None as a shaver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Good, 6 July 2006
M. McNally (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
This shaver is only useful if you have some small patches of light hair. If you are thinking of using it for something like quite thick chest hair don't bother. It clogs everytime and is really not good. Can be painful when it clogs as well. For someone with thick hair this is not recomended at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 May 2006
Chris IW (Isle of wight United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
Just got my TT2020, and I have to say its the one of best buys I have ever made, after getting into the package (which was harder than getting into Fort Knox)I gave it a quick charge. This BodyGroom does what it says.....and its very easy to use, I even managed to do my complete back, it seems to me that there has been a lot of thought regarding the shape and design. If you have tried others now try the best, in my view, and you wont be sorry. Also thanks to Amazon as always for first class service, delivery and packing.

Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable, 2 May 2009
Nuno Figueira - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
I bought this a few weeks ago in order to shave my whole body. It does work if you're going for a reasonably close shave, but if you're only trying to trim body hair I'd say you'd be much better off with a hair trimmer. The blue trimming combs are completely useless. T tried them first on my legs since the hair was quite long, and multiple passes seemed not to do anything. One pass with my Phillips QC5170 and it all came off. Besides, to take off the blue combs the whole head just came apart, since way too much strength is required to remove these.

As a shaver, it works reasonably well. You will get the job done faster with a traditional razor though, and you also won't achieve that smooth feel to the touch with this, regardless of how many times you pass over the same area. It will fool the eyes, but not the touch.

The battery so far seems OK. I have followed the instructions and charged if for 8 hours, and I plan to always let it fully discharge before charging again.

I did manage to make small cuts in the testicles with it when the skin was caught by the side trimmers. It's a very superficial pinch of the skin, but still, be careful with it.

All in all, this is the least satisfying Phillips grooming product I bought. I am quite satisfied with both the har trimmer and the face shaver I have, but this one is just OK. I probably won't replace it when it breaks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for trimming, but not for shaving, 20 Jan. 2007
D. Evans (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
I have had mine for nearly a year with occasional use, and I think it has been very good for the price. It is good for trimming, but will not clean shave well.

The blades I have found to blunt quite quickly, and I have just had to order a new shaving head.

If your looking to keep trimmed but not shaved then this is a good product, but I think I read the new silver TT2022 has self sharpening blades which might be a better investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars star 2, 22 Nov. 2007
Kalpesh Patel - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom (Personal Care)
Safety foil not very good as it sits like it is not for this machine. tried to refit it but no good. Eventually snapped. Tends to pull hair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›