4.0 out of 5 stars Great but hardly cheap!
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by Ravnut

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't take advantage of your fans
This has been written so many times by so many people but no one at lego seems to have taken notice, these packs are horribly designed for people who want to build a city. If you want to put 2 in every pack that's fine , but have 4 packs with 2 of the same type of plate in each.
Published 8 months ago by NB

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but hardly cheap!, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
It has to be said these are a great addition to any LEGO collection but blimey, they aren't cheap. Each plate measure 25 x 25 cm so constructing a simple square circuit with 1 metre outer edges takes 12 plates. Now if your paying RRP that's going to cost about £60! It makes just about any other lego set look a bargain. Just a few things. Personally I'd prefer the T junction to not have a pedestrian crossing on it. The crossroads from set 7280 has one on each side, so if they are pieced together it looks a bit weird. a simple Stop and Give Way marking would have been better. The new wider road may give less studs than previous incarnations, however the roads can now just about accommodate a Duplo vehicle. In fact they have so many other uses and any 1:40 scale die cast car looks superb on these roads.

4.0 out of 5 stars road plates, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
Smaller than I thought at 32 by 32 studs, so it would be very expensive to buy a road layout. But quite durable, shame the road isn't narrower allowing for more studs round the edges.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 May 2013
D. goody "Busymum35" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
I bought on Amazon as cheaper than elsewhere. Think they are very over priced though and you only get 2 pieces. I asked grandparents to buy a pack each to make up a semi circle! They are a nice dark grey colour and look nice with the other City Lego my 6 year old son has. In fact my 18 year old son has spent all afternoon building the city on the road!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't take advantage of your fans, 21 April 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
Lego fans will buy road plates they need and discard extra crossroads , show some respect to them and stop milking.

5.0 out of 5 stars lego city road, 30 Mar 2010
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
The road pieces add so much extra play value to any child who collects and builds the Lego city playsets. My five year old grandson soon had police cars zooming round the road and fire engines off rescuing cats from trees!They also help to teach the basics of road safety whilst the child is having fun. Expensive but worth it. My only complaint is the packaging - I bought four sets to make a circuit and it looked rather a pathetic present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
my grandson loves these roads and keeps him quiet for hours

5.0 out of 5 stars I've rated my purchases I've made, 4 July 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
everything I've ordered has been perfect thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars roads, 12 April 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
My grandson loved these roads nearly as much as I did, I just wished I had saved lego from my son who is 39 but being generous I gave to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAKES YOUR TOWN BIGGER, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
GREAT PRODUCT, FANTASTIC, GREAT FOR BUILDING YOUR TOWN BIGGER. LEGO IS BRILLIANT TO TEACH KIDS BASIC PRACTICAL SKILLS. GREAT BUY

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product - terrible price!, 1 Mar 2014
Y.W. (Los Angeles, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction (Toy)
My kids are huge fans of Lego (okay, I admit it, so am I!). These road baseplates make an excellent addition to their steadily growing Lego City.
What I can't wrap my head around is the outrageous price!!! I simply cannot understand how Lego justifies charging £6 per road plate!!! Half that price would still be a bit over the top.
I would give this product 5 stars, but the price knocks it down by 3 stars.

LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction