5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bargain!
It is what the title says - bargain.

Published on 6 Jan 2007 by J. Cabla (JayElectrics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Check camera 1Gb compatibility with Fuji before buying
Published on 27 Aug 2006 by Keith_Joseph

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bargain!, 6 Jan 2007
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
It is what the title says - bargain.

Was going to buy them on high street but I was not ready to pay [...] for it. It's real 1GB with no catch. Just make sure that you buy this one for Fujifilm camera. I've realized that they are 2 types (H/M) of xD Picture Card out there which was later after purchase. They both work in both brands Fujifilm & Olympus just some panoramatic functions on Olympus cameras might not work. So, better make sure, which brand you're buying. This one on Amazon.co.uk is a real bargain.

Can do nothing else than strongly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Check camera 1Gb compatibility with Fuji before buying, 27 Aug 2006
Keith_Joseph (West Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I was going to buy a 1Gb xD card for my Fuji camera but decided to check with Fuji due to the 'slow response' and other problems reported by some reviewers. For Fuji cameras go to their UK support area [at fuji.co.uk] and follow the link to 'will type H or M xD cards work in my camera' - this will show which Fuji xD cards your camera can use. This 1Gb card, being Fuji, won't work with an Olympus camera's auto-stitch panarama camera function, although it should still capture pictures provided that the Olympus camera is compatible with the Fuji xD card's size [Gb] and speed [M/H/M+].

Fuji's on-line compatibily chart states 512Mb max for mine and many older (pre 2007) models. The only firmware upgrade for my model is for PixBridge not larger Xd cards. To be safe I ordered a Fuji 512Mb xD type M branded card instead, which Fuji state as the largest capacity for my model (and it works fine). Without doubt this also applies to older Olympus cameras and their xD cards, so check with their support. All this is pretty essential if you have an older camera that was bought before 2007. Note that type M is normal speed and type M+ and H are the the newer faster high-speed xD transfer cards (1.5x and 2 to 3 x faster respectively) - again not always compatible with older cameras that can actually take a standard type M 1Gb xD card. Likewise newer cameras may accept a 2Gb type H xD card as well, which might be more tempting. Beware of storing all your snaps on one xD card though say during that holiday of a life-time, as if you lose your camera on holiday, all your photos could go with it. Also, all xD cards are pretty lethargic, so if your camera offers two card slots, investigate the other format as well.

So overall 3* - although now that 1Gb xD card prices have plummeted from 80 plus to nearer a tenner, it's far less of an expensive mistake buying one today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 13 Dec 2006
M. C. Young "mutantmoments" (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
It works perfectly with my Fuji F30 camera, without any problems, didn't even need to format it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Does The Job, 20 Aug 2006
Gazling (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I have only had the card for a few days but it seems to work perfectly as expected. I didn't need to format the card it worked straight out the pack for me. The card has a five year guarantee so I expect it to be trouble free. I have a Fujifilm E550 which I bought from amazon a few months ago. It says I can take 680 pictures on the 6M setting, 1305 at 3M, 1639 at 2M or an amazing 7995 pictures at 0.3M. The card will hold just under 20 minutes of video & sound at 640x480 or just under 30 minutes at 320x240 which I think is very good. The card is a type "H" which I believe has a faster write speed but is unsuitable for use with card readers which explains the problem a previous reviewer had with his card. Generally I don't do reviews but the earlier review I mentioned put me of buying this card for weeks until I decided to take the risk. Its a good product I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory, and a super cheap price!, 25 Dec 2006
B. Simms - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I've own a couple of 1GB xD cards (both Fuji and Olympus branded), and I am glad to see them selling for such a bargain!

With the camera I own (Fuji FinePix E900), I can store around 300 9.1 Megapixel photographs on there, which works out at 5 pence per picture! (And unlike film, the card is re-useable!).

The best thing about these cards I find is that they are so sturdy! Even though they are about half the size of a standard SD card, they feel so much sturdier when handling them!

And if you are truly a bargain hunter though, buy with Amazon to avoid high-street prices of around 70!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, 18 Oct 2006
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I am gutted to see these cards being sold at this price, having popped into a photographic shop in Helensburgh in the summer in urgent need of a high-capacity XD card and been ripped off to the tune[...]!!! It would be silly to mess about with a smaller memory card when these 1 GB ones are so cheap. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 GiG XD Card at a price you can't beat anywhere else!, 23 Sep 2006
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
First off, just like to say how quick and efficient Amazon are at delivery estimates. I recieved my card this morning! but it wasn't supposed to be delivered until next week. Top seller Amazon. Ok the 1GIG Xd card, well i've just took a few pictures and downloaded them to my computer and all went well. Fingers crossed should have no problems like other people have had. As for the price of the card, if you went to Argos, Boots, Currys or Dixons expect to pay anything from 70.00 upwards! At 21.00 on Amazon it's a bargain!! One thing to be careful about if you do purchase one of these high capacity cards is make sure it will be compatible with your camera. These 1 GiG cards have a new technology now called M/H Compatability. Overall, this is a great little card at a price you can't afford to miss out on and thanks to Amazon for an amazing delivery service.

5.0 out of 5 stars More postage rip off, 16 July 2007
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I was just about to buy this product until I discovered the 5.50 p&p. That's for something the size of a stamp that weighs nothing. Didn't order it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy from Amazon, 12 July 2007
R. Ruddy "rach666" (Aylesbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
I got this card from Amazon a few months ago and have had no problems despite it being used and cleared quite a few times. I always check the other buying options and opt for the sold by Amazon, sometimes it's a little more expensive but I always buy enough to get the free delivery to offset the extra cost. I wish Amazon would stop using other sellers on their site, they always charge high p&p and you don't get any buyer protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREE p&p fuji XD card 1GB 2, 15 July 2007
S. Barrett "bargain hunter" (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card (Electronics)
Hi these are excellent cards, and yes you think Amazon would monitor what these sellers are charging for delivery, I was quoted 5.99 P&P at checkout so I cancelled my order straight away, We all want a good buy so I always do some homework and check for prices and reviews before buying, I went to msn.co.uk and clicked on shopping for 1gb Fuji XD card and found one for 13.83 with free delivery from [...] I hope this will help other amazon customers to Not get ripped of on P&P by private sellers on amazon.

Fuji 1GB XD Type M Picture Card