5.0 out of 5 stars ADSL Microfilter(s)
Published on 4 Feb 2006 by Linda's Books

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor
These filters are of very poor quality. They halved my broadband speed when I used them. In addition, when I went to remove them from the socket the side tab snapped off! You certainly get what you pay for.
Published 18 months ago by S. Tantum

5.0 out of 5 stars ADSL Microfilter(s), 4 Feb 2006
Linda's Books (Chippenham, Wilts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
There doesn't seem to be much difference in the cheap and the expensive ADSL filters, they are all effective at their job. You will need one per telephone socket in use. You plug the filter into the telephone socket and the filter provides two sockets, one for telephone and one for data. It basically separates the telephone from the data signal and presents each respective signal to the respective socket.
Don't forget you need one per telephone socket in use, and if you have more than one telephone plugged into the same socket then you will need to handle that from the other side of the filter, and the sockets are quite close together, so be careful which line splitter you use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microfilter, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
The microfilter was much cheaper than one I bought in a computer shop but does exactly the same job and works perfectly. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 22 May 2012
J. W. Williamson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
I don't know why anybody would pay a premium price when this version is available. It does the trick and is delivered promptly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
Very cheap which is a good point in this case. Lets not forget that this is very simple piece of equipment, some wires inside and a plastic shell. Did the job. However, I didn't experienced any improvement in the quality of the Internet speed as others did. For the sake of facts I had run some tests just changing this device with a similar one and there was absolute no difference in Internet speed. This device is an intermediate connection between the wall socket and the modem.

5.0 out of 5 stars ADSL Microfilter, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
Works brilliantly (even after owning for a couple of months) and cheap too. Product is slim line so fits nicely where otherwise cables soon take over. What's not to like?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 9 Aug 2013
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
I decided to replace all the microfilters in my house after I began experiencing frequent drops in speed, disconnections etc. The broadband at my address isn't particularly fast and I don't have fibre optics, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular from these filters.
I am pleased so far - since I plugged these filters in, I've had no problems and my speed test revealed a 7MB download speed which for my address is actually very good. Only time will tell, I guess.

The good thing about this model of microfilter is that it hasn't got a 'dangly' lead, which means no stress on the lead if your master socket is quite high on the wall. I have plugged a filter into the iPlate fitted to my mastersocket, and plugged my router and my main telephone line into it. Because the microfilter isn't of the 'dangly type', the weight of these two cables are not dragging the microfilter downwards.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars What was required., 7 July 2013
Mr. D. Collins "Field Marshal" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
Essenttial item to ensure quality broadband. Compact and does not stand away from the wall and cause accidets. Recommend to buy

5.0 out of 5 stars ADSL Microfilter, 8 April 2013
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
It has made an amazing difference to the performance of the system and, what’s even better, is the fact its fantastic value. I have since ordered another to replace/update my other filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars just right, 7 April 2013
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
I simply needed a basic ADSL filter to use with a new house phone. It just slots into the phone socket and does the job perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good low cost microfilter, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: ADSL Microfilter (Electronics)
I have problems with internet speed. I replaced two different microfilters that were bulkier and of different design. These low-cost micofilters helped increase the speed by about a third in place of the old filters. Physically, the new compact microfilters proved a much tidier solution.

ADSL Microfilter