5.0 out of 5 stars New Network, New Decade, Great Show, 15 May 2005
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After the first season, Wonder Woman changed networks from ABC to CBS. CBS decided the show would do better if were set in the present day, so suddenly we find Diana (Lynda Carter) back on Paradise Island. But it's not long before a face from her past crash lands on the island. It's Steve Trevor, Jr. (Lyle Waggoner), and Diana soon realized that she must once again become Wonder Woman to help fight for peace and justice against the evil geniuses and terrorists still in the world.
Maybe it has to do with Lynda feeling more comfortable in the roll or the writers getting a better feel for it, but I always liked the "modern" episodes better. Diana/Wonder Woman has more personality to her and develops a great sense of humor. Of course, the show also indulges more in the cheesy computer/sci-fi elements that were supposed to be cool but look funny by today's standards. And of course, the stunts pale compared to what we get today. I've always loved the pool backdrop when Wonder Woman is under water, for example.
Not that the show is all bad. I find it highly entertaining. There were a few shows in here I hadn't seen before, and those shows kept me glued to the TV. And I've always loved scenes with IRAC, the computer. His non-personality personality is great for a laugh. As previously mentioned, the further we get in this season, the stronger the character becomes, and the better I like her.
Fans of the show will love this set. It contains 22 episodes, including the extended second pilot. The picture has been restored and looks nice, but there are annoying bits of grain and dust in it. Could be better, but it's still good for a thirty year old show. The only thing in the way of bonus features is an eleven minute documentary on how the comics influenced the show and visa versa.
Watching the show with my roommates who had never seen it before, I've discovered just how cheesy the show could still be. I think to best enjoy the show, you need to have memories of it from childhood. But if you can look at it from a kid's point of view, you'll find the wonder and fun this series still offers and be entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars As wonderful as ever, 2 Oct 2005
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Season 2 brings Wonder Woman "up to date" to the 1970's where she's united with Steve Trevor Jnr to battle terrorism around the world. We could do with her these days.

Lynda Carter is fantastic as always and it's worth watching this show just to see her flawless portrayal of the amazing amazon. Of course, it's camp and it's cutesy, but it's also a lot of fun.

One thing - before you panic and wonder where half the episodes are, and why they've forgotten to print anything on the discs - they're double-sided. I've never seen this on a commercial DVD before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Return of wonder woman, 17 Sep 2009
Dr Phibes "Dr Phibes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Brought to add to my series 1 collection. This box set contains 4 DVD's featuring 22 episodes.

This time set in the 1970's Diana is fighting for good with the son of Steve Trevor. Wonder woman now has a fancy stars and stripes cape and a skimpy wet suit.

Not my favourite, i still prefer series 1 but my daughter loved it. The storylines go from the sublime to the ridiculous. My least favourite was Mind stealers from outer space part 1 & 2 because I think the credability was tarnished.

I think Lynda Carter brings such a warmth to the role I coldnt imagine anyone else as wonder woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonder woman second season, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I havent seen this in years!! Totally brings back good memories!!! I recommend this to anyone that likes and bit of cheesy camp fun!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Disappointed, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
The show was one of my strongest and fondest television memories as a very young boy. But I hadn't seen it in thirty years. Nor had I any great urge to. Not least because quite a few TV and film memories viewed years later would have been better off left in the past....
But with the recent talk of a new series curiosity got the better of me. And I have to say in this case I was not disappointed. First there is the extreme nostalgia value. Long buried now recalled memories of talking "super!" computers and the easy going charm of Lyle Waggoner as Steve Trevor for example.
OK some of it is daft - but frankly I suspect I was vaguely aware that some of it was daft when I was seven. It is also highly entertaining.
Central to the show (spoiler alert!) is Lynda Carter.
There is the remarkable, er, physical presence - which I can appreciate now! But she also brings charm, humour, sincerity and an incredible warmth to her dual role - which I guess is the reason why it had such an impact on my seven year old self. I know I'm biased but it's a pretty lethal combination for anyone else attempting to take on the part.
It's hard to quite know how the series would view without the nostalgia factor but I suspect today's youngsters would love it too.
Season 3 and then Season 1 - which I believe wasn't shown in the UK - up next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Forward in time but still Wonder-ful, 27 Jan 2009
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Confirmed to go ahead with a full season the producers brought Wonder Woman into the Seventies and she meets up with Steve Trevor's son (or was it grandson?) and more adventures but more espionage related than the WWII plots of the first season. Again Lynda Carter looked fabulous (and dare I say curvier?) in her "satin tights" and bodice and played the part with such panache that she held the whole thing together on her own. Sometimes the plot was so tongue-in-cheek that it was ludicrous but for the conviction that the actors played their parts, again Lynda in particular gave both Diana Prince and Wonder Woman so much credibility that she remained in my mind long after the show was over and I had forgotten the individual episode storylines.Season 3 beckoned............

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 16 Dec 2013
Mr. J. Henderson "Jonboy Geordieguy" (UK North East) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
was a great gift for Xmas and arrived well in time cant thank you enough for a good DVD many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder woman, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
Bought this on behalf of a friend for her son's birthday, she re-imbursed me, he's over the moon with it, next day arrival, can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars thanks, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
received the product very quickly through the post and are very happy with it and would like to send my thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Woman Season 2 DVD, 28 Jan 2012
Mrs. H. M. Marshall (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
The first series was set during World War 2 but the second series moves on about 30 years to the 1970's. Wonder Woman teams up with the son of the Steve Trevor that she knew during the 1940's. Steve Trevor Jnr is a IADC agent and is rescued from a sabotaged aeroplane flight by Wonder Woman and the other amazons of paradise island. Princess Diana decides to go back out into the world to help Trevor in his fight against crime and decides the best way to do this is to become and IADC agent herself. The second series is very entertaining to watch especially with inclusion of the IADC's new talking supercomputer IRAC who is the only "one" to guess that Diana Prince and Wonder Woman are the same person.

Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005]
Wonder Woman: Season 2 [DVD] [2005] by Lynda Carter (DVD - 2005)
15.23