5.0 out of 5 stars Dogtanian Review
My daughter asked me which cartoons I watched as a child and it got me searching for a few of the old classics. Dogtanian was one such classic. Like I did all those many years ago my daughter absolutely loves this. From the catchy tune to the great storyline this DVD is a must see. It also helps educate her on a classic novel - ok with some variations.

Live...
Published on 19 Nov 2009 by J. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember it
I used to watch this every day and thought my granddaughter would too. Sadly it didn't live up to my memories and she lost interest after a couple of episodes. (I still can't get that damned tune out of my head)
Published on 14 Jun 2010 by J. L. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogtanian Review, 19 Nov 2009
J. Henderson "jhenders67" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)

Live your childhood all over again and let your own kids experience the same magic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids loved it, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
My children (10 and 7) enjoyed this as much as the first series while on holiday. Shame the theme song changed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
My children loved it, I still I have video tapes I made when it was on TV! My grand children now love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogtanian., 28 July 2013
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
It arrived on time and was put through my letterbox which is always a good thing instead of leaving with others and outside. The parcel arrived in very good condition as well which is very good. keep up the good work. One of my favourite classic television programmes from my childhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a wide range of ages, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
Both my 6 year old and 11 year old love this series! It's full of silly humour but it has a good storyline because it follows the Dumas story fairly accurately, which means each episode ends on a cliffhanger and keeps the older one interested. Although I agree with an earlier review noting that Series 1 is of better quality from a production standpoint, my kids love both Series 1 and 2 equally and don't notice any difference other than that Series 1 is a bit more suspenseful while Series 2 has a silly character named Pip whom they adore. This eccentric cartoon got my older child motivated to read the actual Alexandre Dumas novels!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 22 Oct 2010
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
I simply loved this prog as a child, and am so pleased to own the whole series now. It's still charming and brings back lots of happy memories. Though I couldn't quite manage the whole 700mins of episodes in one go! But it is great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember it, 14 Jun 2010
J. L. Brown "Ian" (Belfast) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogtanian - Great box set!, 7 Feb 2010
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
The packaging of this set is very neat and simple, the quality (audio/video) is good, also the dub I found very interested and well done, Dogtanian's voice is great!

I bought this for my niece to watch it sometimes but also, I thought it would had the japanese audio as it was in the technical details in single volumes of the same dvd type, but no, it was a mistake of them adding that.

No regrets in buying it, it was well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Children Stuff, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
This is really good stuff - the series continues with Dogtanian now grown up but still up for adventure. This second series is as easily as good as the first - again based on the wonderful days of France's King Louis XIII - a 26 eps set that is so good-for-vaule.
Kids and Adults will enjoy this set that has it all - action, romance, and daring-do!

1.0 out of 5 stars Monkey, Spam, Hunchback, Chutney, Flip charts and interprative Dance... Anne Widicombe, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD] (DVD)
this is what happens if you:

Sack the writers,
Animators,
Voice artists

after the first series, relise your short of money 5 years later and try and resurect it with a second series.

the charactershave new voices, new looks and the story is week. The only thing fromt he original is the voice atist for Pip. I ask you , why of all the artists would you bring back would you choose him over any of the others? I can only suppose it was because unlike the others from the original the artist that played pip was avilable (and had ben for some time).

Save your money.

has anybody noticed that the names of the muskerhounds differ from tath of Dumas' original? Porthos is the srong one and Athos the clever. Buy the ifrst season. Dont be tempted by the second regardless of the knockdown price that this slurry can be sold for.

Dogtanian - The Complete Second Series [DVD]