5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite soundtracks!, 8 Aug. 2010
Mr. S. Ryzhenok "Music lover" (Derby UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mysterious Skin (Audio CD)
It doesn't matter whether you liked the movie or not, the music is amazing and that's why it's one of the best soundtracks in my collection. I play this CD when I want to relax and chill out. As always I suggest previewing it first on Itunes.
You will need a pair of decent headphones to be able to hear the whole beauty of this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just so......SPECIAL...., 29 July 2005
This review is from: Mysterious Skin (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of the 'Cocteau Twins' for what seems like all my life - all 38 years - and equirying a few Harold Budd albums over those years, i heard that Robin was going to be working again with Harold. 'Moon and the melodies' was their last piece of work together but this time it's a soundtrack to a film. I knew it was going to be something special.
Robins soothing guitars offers a mutual bonding with Harolds piano keys that seem to blend together with over-flowing lushness.
Although the 'Cocteau Twins' split 9 years ago now, listening to many songs on here i feel like i'm waiting for 'Liz Fraser' to enter the songs..it takes me back. Every piece on this album is just beautiful.
If you like the 'Cocteau Twins' or Harold Budd you will love the sound that these two musicians have created together.
Just so....SPECIAL...

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great!, 29 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Mysterious Skin (Audio CD)
If you love all what Cocteau Twins music and specialy the album 'The Moon and The Melodies' then this the what I like to call it the sequel of 'The Moon and The Melodies' album. Budd and Robin made an another beautiful musical diamond. Worth to buy it and to listening in a late night hours. I reccomend it. Sorry for my bad English :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and haunting film score., 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Mysterious Skin (Audio CD)
Like others who have reviewed this CD, I should declare that I am an admirer of Harold Budd's work with Eno and of Guthrie's with The Cocteau Twins. That said, this is one of the most outstanding film scores I have ever heard.

The lush, slightly melancholy soundscapes within will appeal to a much wider audience than the ambient enthusiast.

I have 'forced' this soundtrack on a number of friends and all have fallen under its spell.

Breathtakingly beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Addictive, 21 May 2009
T. Hooper (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mysterious Skin (Audio CD)
I have no idea what the film 'Mysterious Skin' is like or about but the soundtrack has been my most played CD of the last year. I cannot identify what is so addictive about it but I never tire of listening to it. Robin Guthrie / Harold Budd - it does what it says on the tin.

Mysterious Skin
Mysterious Skin by Harold Budd (Audio CD - 2005)