TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 May 2005
I had this on video tape some years ago and watched it over and over until I lost or erased it.
Peter Ustinov is very very funny. His stories are mostly based on real events in his life, and at times, rather surprisingly, he reminded me of Peter Cook (vocally). A brilliant mimic and clearly a talented musician this is well worth getting. There are no extras and it is only 50 mins, but it is so good. I have already watched it 3 times in 5 days.
on 8 September 2009
I would recommend it to anyone in need of good refreshing humour. Ustinov is brilliant. The only drawback is that it's short...but trust me, you'll enjoy every minute of it!
on 20 August 2011
If you know anything about Peter Ustinov, this is more of the same. He is clever, witty, fast on his feet and a joy to watch.

The basic format is Ustinov alone on a stage being interviewed by his audience. Each question leads into a monologue of reminisence by Ustinov,

There are only two drawbacks: it's length (at only an hour, twice as long would not be long enough) and a lack of audience identification (I recognised enough of them to realise they were all famous - but I there were no screen messages to identify those who asked questions).

For those of you who have not had the pleasure to have seen Ustinov speak before, think of a shorter and stouter Stephen Fry - the love of language, the self-deprecation and the ability to tell a tale are all there.
on 22 March 2013
I had listened to this on the CD and it was so much better to see Peter Ustinov as well as just listening to him. He is a master at storytelling.
on 11 February 2011
Peter Ustinoff is one the greatest entertainers in terms of his range of talents, great story teller, commedian, all round entertainer. He is at his best responding to to questions from his audiance. He is a great linguist and this comes alive in his short sketches. I thoroughly enjoyed his performance and shall be enjoying it many times more.
on 9 February 2013
We are Ustinov fans... we love his subtle British-style humour.... and this DVD has just that. Unfortunately it is relatively short... only 50 minutes... but it is just him, on stage, taking situations and making them funny by the way he relates them.
on 18 September 2013
More than as an actor I admire Sir Peter for having been a brilliant entertainer who could tell with humour and almost casually how he met some of the most fascinating people. There is no substitute for Peter Ustinov!
on 17 April 2013
Bought this to replace a worn out video of the same thing. So glad I did as Peter Ustinov is so entertaining, it is a long time since I have laughed like that. Such wit is much missed.
on 18 March 2013
thanks good service cannot elaborate on this. VERY irritating not to be able to submit after my first comments. I have nothing further to say
on 6 December 2013
I remember the programme when it was first broadcast so this DVD is a welcome reminder of one of his many talents.