2,666 Reviews
 (1,413)

1,235 of 1,256 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Creative EP-630 Earphones
I thought I'd add my tuppence worth as I've owned my EP-630 earpohnes for well over a year now and am still extremely pleased with them. I've not had any problems with them and would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Pros:

-They block out background noise almost completely so they are ideal for use on public transport.

-They don't leak...
Published on 18 July 2006 by RageofKlugman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasts...
These are stylish and extremely comfortable earphones. They are very compact, and fit really neatly into your ears. The sound quality is superb - especially the noise insulation which blocks out almost everything around you. Even when I'm travelling around the busiest parts of London (such as Oxford Street, or on the tube), the music stays loud and extremely clear. All...
Published on 1 Oct 2007 by WJ FOX

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - while they last, 26 July 2006
This review is from: Creative Labs EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones – Black (Eco Packaging) (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
When i first bought these I was really impressed with the quality of the sound. Excellent base. Perfect all-round.

Then after abut 6 weeks I lost all sounds from the right earphone. I was a bit annoyed but Amazon were excellent and immediately sent me out a replacement.

These replacements have now broken also in exactly the same way, and i see from a couple of other customer reviews that other people are having the same problem with these earphones.

Personally, I won't be going for these again. There is clearly a defect with some of them and I was unlucky enough to get two of them. The EP-635's are out now, and I'd reccomend going for those instead of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Block out sound but a big flaw, 15 May 2008
These headphones are really good- great sound quality, good fitting earpieces, and as they say, blocks out other sounds.
However, flcik the wire and it's like a bass drum going. NOT good for an MP3 as if you're moving about and it rubs on your clothes you can hear a backdrop of "bwobwobwob" to the music, im sure you know what noise im trying to get across. Great for static use but i really dont advise this for someone who uses their MP3 while playing sports or even walking for that matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars shocked !!!!!, 21 July 2007
ive been a club dj for 17 years, ive got sony nw mp3 player just the little 1gb version its important that i can download tunes en mass and be able to listen to them on the move to chose which i want to use.
ive been umming and aarring for yonks on which in ears to get so ive just been using my MDR-7506 Professional Headphones which i use to dj and are monitor standard but i look kind of silly with them on and now i go to the gym they are far too big to wear.
so i bought these babies after reading the good reviews.

wow is all i can say i mean wow, anyone who dismisses these phones are either slightly mental ,completely deaf of have bought a pair of fakes.
i simply cannot believe the sound these produce for the money or the size its quite phenominal , my sony player is giving bass off like i cant believe but more impressive is that they are only on half volume and i cant hear myself think.the lows do slightly colour the highs and the highs arent harsh.

as a test i put them into my mixer which is an allen & heath zone92 arguably the best club mixer in the world and a grands worth and again they performed on a par with my sonys, so what can i say

believe me anyone who says these have no bass havent got them in right or must have bought fakes.the bass is astonishing.

the best money ive spent on equipment in years im sooooooooooo glad i didnt cough up for some monitor types.

go on treat yourself but buy from a shop i say i got mine from tandy, then you know you got proper ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent pair of earphones..., 26 Feb 2006
I picked a pair of these little blighters up to replace the Sony MDR-EX71SL earphones that I owned until a recent, bizarre cable-chopping accident. I must admit that the praise that has been heaped upon them (for the best part) is fully warranted. For a significant saving in £ sterling, these earphones offer sound that is both brighter and offers up more ooomph(!) than the Sony competition, while being more substantial in the hand. Thankfully they're just as comfortable (or uncomfortable if you prefer) as the Sony pair I owned previously so there's no added torment.
Admittedly they lack the added extras that the Sony offers, like the little pouch and ear-piece holder, and the one piece cable might not be everyone's preference, but I've still got the bits that came with my old earphones, so I'm alright!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear-tastic, 18 Jan 2006
By A Customer
Great earphones. I had sony ex-71sl in-ear phones and fontopia earphones which pailed in comparison with these. Of build quality both the sony's were poor only lasting 6 months, however as these creatives are new then i cannot comment on these just yet. The sony ex's were more expensive but produced a less detailed sound than the creatives. The sony's sounded warmer, ie noticeably muffled with the bass and mid range clashing. On the other end of the sound spectrum the creative's give out a far more detailed sound with clear definition between treble, mid and bass. The drawback with this clarity is the bass can sound slightly raspy on certain music tho, like dance. The creatives also have a cleaner design and look cooler than both sonys though the design of the chord is not as good as sony. ie V-neck for creatives compared to offset for sony. Both in-earphones give great sound isolation due to the nature of their design. Overall the creative ep-630 is far superior regardless of it being about two-thirds of the price of the sony ex-71 sl. A bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 7 Mar 2006
By A Customer
I ordered these after significant research into in-ear canal phones, and have been extremely pleased with them.
I own a set of Sony MDR-EX71SL, but have found their cable to be of an annoying length for my portable mp3 player (it's too short to reach my belt, but with the separate 1m extension, it's unnecessarily long). The EP-630s are noticeably better than the Sony's in several regards. Most importantly, the sound is significantly better: the treble is crisper and the bass tighter. They are also more sensitive (more noise for the same volume setting), which should help prolong battery life in portable players. And they have a sensible length cord. Unlike most similar headphones these days, which have unequal cord lengths designed to go round the back of your neck, these are of a conventional Y-design. Personally, I prefer this arrangement, as any tension in the cord is less likely to pull one of the ear pieces out, but others might not.
The only slight negative I've noticed is that the rubber strain relief is slack where the cord enters the 3.5mm jack. It's therefore unlikely to be doing its job (taking strain away from the solder joint) and this might yet prove to be a point of failure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., 18 Sep 2006
I've had these earphones for nearly 6 months and have to say that all things considered I have been very pleased with them. They get used virtually every day commuting.

I have found them to be comfortable - I don't seem to be able to wear ordinary earphones and yes, whilst they do cut out noise this has to be at the expense of associated noise whilst walking or running, wind noise and when the cables rub against clothing...I got used to it. I had no issues with sound quality either.

However...I am bitterly disappointed that I have now lost alot of sound from my right earpiece.

There are a number of warnings about this and I just want to share this with others. Whilst there are alot of 5 star reviews, and as I indicated earlier I was very pleased with them, I now think that less than 6 months performance is poor!

Be warned, the price may be reasonable, but not for only 6 months value!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, great sound... I bought two pairs!, 13 May 2006
I know that there have been a few reviews complaining about the fact that these are probably not on par with other noise isolation headphones on the market... but what do you expect for £20?!

I've been very pleased with my EP-630's, so much in fact that I bought my girlfriend a pair as well!

You have to experiment with the various sized ear-buds supplied - but the default, medum sized ones fit perfectly for me.

Used with my Creative Zen MicroPhoto I get great sound, clear highs and nice (but not too over-powering) bass.

The headpohnes are comfortable, far more so than the standard in-ear headphones you can get - and the added benefit of the noise isolation means you dont have to turn up your player to compensate for noisy external sound.

You do get a little bit of sound when walking with these on - the fact the ear-plug is in your ear means any sound is magnified when the cable is knocked... but oddly enough (a bit like the sound of ticking clock in a room) you get used to this, and don't notice it unless you're really listening for it!

A good buy, very confortable and great quality... what you waiting for?! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality BUT short lived..., 9 Nov 2007
When I purchased this product for £16, I was purely amazed by the excellent quality of the sound that it produced. Moreover, they block out all the noises outside so that my music is clearly audible even on the tube. BUT after about 3 months, the left earphone broke down. Then I got
the second pair of these. Again, the left earphone stopped working within 3 months. As some other reviewers pointed out, these are high-quality earphones but they don't last long. The lifespan of this product is too short for the price. For this reason, I would strongly recommend Sennheiser's CX-300. My sister bought this when i got the first pair of EP-630, and her CX-300 is still producing superb quality sound while two pairs of EP-630 went dead.

5.0 out of 5 stars A commuting pariah no longer, 27 Oct 2005
Mark (Brighton, sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Absolutely perfect for the train. These earphones have made my daily commute a joy. No longer do I get glowered at for playing music, and no longer does my music get spoiled by annoying things like noisy eaters, people talking and other people's "personal stereos". Great sound quality with excellent bass. Battery is lasting longer on my mp3 player because I don't need to have it so loud any more. They make it possible to listen to quiet music if you should feel the need.
Take some getting used to at first, essentially like walking around with your fingers in your ears. Bodily sound are amplified (DO NOT EAT CRISPS WITH THESE EARPHONES IN!) and the sounds of everyday life abolished (e.g. approaching cars, railway announcements). They don't fall out as often as I'd expected, but i think jogging with them would be difficult (and noisy).
For what I use them for these are the perfect earphones