4.0 out of 5 stars Great wireless desktop at a very reasonable price
I bought this to use with my laptop because, like most laptops, the keyboard and touchpad aren't up to much. I chose to buy a Microsoft desktop because I've had trouble in the past with optical mice that cause the cursor to jump to corners of the screen. A simple installation disc solves the problem in this case, ensuring that the keyboard and mouse are properly...
Published on 30 Aug. 2005 by michael1591

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not built for Gamers.
With exceptional battery life and good build quality this item is great at being a standard keyboard. But if you want to play games online such as Counter strike you will notice a considerable lag and poor wireless signal. SO go ahead and buy if you want a cheap good quality keyboard but if you are interested in gaming then look else where.
Published on 28 Sept. 2006 by D. Lewis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 412 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 27 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 Standard Keyboard and Optical Mouse (Electronics)
As one of the cheaper desktop sets I wasn't expecting much. Small compromises on range, ergonomics, battery life etc.
But this desktop set didn't even work properly!
The keyboard is relatively fine, and has only refused to work once, but the mouse is truly appauling and microsoft deserves to be thoroughly ashamed. Regardless of the distance from the reciever, the materials in between, the surface used, the location, the battery, the time of day, proximity to other gadgets and whether I'm wearing blue or not it is more tempermental than the english weather. Often refusing to click for no particular reason, delayed reaction, jerkiness - a few of the problems that plague it.
And as I (eventually) recieved two of the sets (slightly different versions)
due to a seller's utter incompetence I can say with reasonable confidence that it is not just a one off.
So, I'm just off to buy a logitech set. One that I know will work, whatever the situation. I certainly won't be buying microsoft again, and will defintely be more wary of the amazon marketplace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, 31 Jan. 2010
B. J. White (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I like this keyboard to use. The keys feel very positive. On the downside, my electric lamp shines on the keys, making it difficult to see them. Unfortunately I do not know how the 'Hot Keys' are supposed to work. There are no instructions. Perhaps someone will write a review so that I can find out. It is good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, 6 April 2009
The product is very good for the price you pay. The keyboard has a quality feel and with keys that function just right. The mouse is very adaptable and works on loads of surfaces, even on a trouser leg if you are standing. Installation is a breeze, you just have to choose the right model, so you should make a note of the model numbers for both mouse and keyboard.
The only downside is the poor battery life on the mouse. I use this for a media PC on my TV and using it from the couch does drain the poor thing. Another problem is that I store the mouse on a glass shelf and this does not help. Make sure it rests on a dark non reflective surface when not in use, otherwise it drains the battery. I had to replace the battery after one week when I first got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000, 22 Mar. 2007
I've just taken delivery of this Microsoft product today and I'm impressed by its functionality, its build quality and its price. I'd read some reviews here regarding this product prior to purchase and while I take on board the criticisms of others, I can't see their point.

The installation was ridiculously easy, the keys have a lovely 'spongeynes' to them and both the keyboard and mouse are extremely sturdy.
I'm extremely impressed and I'd recommend it to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 26 April 2006
Steven Turnbull (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new keyboard and mouse but didn't want to compromise on quality either. This set is excellent. Ok so its not an all-singing, all-dancing keyboard and mouse, but it certainly does the business for everything that I need it to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, 12 Dec. 2009
Mr. M. Norman (uk) - See all my reviews
This keyboard & mouse were bought to use on a new PC where I wanted to keep the desk free of cables, it does that ok.

When I use it through a USB KVM to switch between two computers I found the combined keyboard mouse receiver does not work through either of the mouse or keyboard USB ports, fortunately it does work through the auxiliary USB port, but I loose the keyboard hotkey function to switch the KVM.

I keep getting a low signal strength warning message, then the keyboard drops some characters when typing, at bit annoying, cant see why this happens as the keyboard & mouse are only ½ metre from the receiver.

The keyboard style & feel are good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good at the start....but thats about it., 1 Sept. 2008
H. Taylor (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this product to replace my Logitech keyboard and mouse, which was starting to get a bit grubby, but was still going strong!
I thought with Microsoft i was buying a reliable and long lasting product. My mistake. I will say that yes the installation was easy, but that is no good to me now 3 months on with a broken mouse.
My mouse has all of a sudden given up. And i find at times the keyboard doesnt react with the computer and i have to press the keys again to get a reaction.
Again, i am very disappointed considering this is a Microsoft product. I certainly wont be buying from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 8 Aug. 2006
Bala Chalasani (London) - See all my reviews
Excellent product, the keyboard is quite comfortable, mouse takes a bit of getting used to. I was bit apprehensive about using this wireless keyboard to install the OS (as there is no software installed coz there's no OS) but it worked without any issues once I used it with one of my working laptop and then switched back to the desktop where I installed the OS.

Amazon service was really good and prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and performance - but Windows 7 installation needs some work, 28 Jan. 2010
Thomas Cunliffe "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent mouse and keyboard combination at a fantastic price. Just be aware that for Windows 7 you will need to download updated drivers. These are readily available and you will be prompted to go to the MS website to obtain them. People who just want to stick the installation disk in the drive and run need to keep calm and follow the onscreen instructions. It works well but be patient.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far - fantastic!, 23 Oct. 2008
R. P. Randall (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered this yesterday, and it's just been delivered - so, first of all, top marks to Amazon for efficiency and speedy delivery. I am impressed!
Second, it's clearly too soon to give a full review, but I just wanted to say how delighted I was with how easy it was to set up -- once the software was installed, it was literally a matter of "plug and play". Could not have been simpler.
The mouse has a wonderful feel, and is more sensitive than my wired mouse, which will take a bit of getting used to -- but not much, I suspect. The keyboard is responsive and extremely comfortable, with a place to rest your hands, which I like.
The one disappointment - I could not find any explanatory information on the array of buttons at the top of the keyboard, so I will have to find out what they do via trial and error. Maybe more technically astute users will have no problem with this, but we're not all that adept.
Will have to see, of course, how it does on battery life and general use over time, but so far, I'm very, very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 412 | Next ›