5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for little farmers

Published on 14 Dec 2009 by R. Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for little farmers, 25 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
My son is decidedly fixated on tractors, although as far as he in concerned this also includes all things JCB a well. He was ill recently and so to cheer him up we decided to treat him to a'tractor'. We found one in a high street store but after only three days at home and numerous fixes quite literally the wheel fell off and we had a heart broken little boy. So we turned to Amazon and the Falk tractor and trailer. He has been thrilled with it, ridden it loads, asks for it first thing in the morning and all his friends (boys and girls) love it too. We recently visited farm which had a variety of toy tractors for him to play with and he still went back to this one. It is a sturdy ride on, very simple for parent assembly, and lots and lots of fun.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for children over two, 14 Dec 2009
R. Johns - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
i was really disappointed when the tractors arrived. We have twins that are 27 months old, crazy about tractors, but they're way too big for them. It doesn't state on the website that they're labelled 1- 3, anything suitable for a 1 year old will not last a 2 year old very long. I hope this advice prevents anyone you from wasting your money on this product if your child is two or over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Falk Baby Case Tractr & Trailer., 22 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
I'm pleased to say this ride on toy is very sturdy, and is a value for money toy. My eighteen months old G Grandson has had a lot of fun on it since Christmas.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS TRACTOR IF YOUR CHILD IS OVER 12 MONTHS, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
i thought i bought this of amazon but find it was of another buyer on amazon page but amazon is also selling it, it says for 12months to 3yrs this is not true it will only fit up to aout 15months and if baby is big do not buy it, i purchased it for my 19month grandson and its far to small, when i complained it was wrongly sized they said i had to send back to supplier, who is in france, i paid 6 in postage and it will cost me 18 to return it,,they also said i will have to wait 30 days for my money to be returned, so its christmas in morning and my grandson will not be having his tractor @ trailer he wanted,im furious.and will never through amazon again,

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks lovely, but smaller than in picture, and terrible to put together!, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
I bought this for my son's Christmas present. We've eventually managed to get it built, but not without some real trouble!

The tractor itself comes almost completely built, so that was no problem. All we had to do was put the seat on - and had to make the holes in the seat unit ourselves! We also had to widen the holes that the steering wheels went into. Before realising this it was impossible to get the steering wheel onto the tractor. The trailer was a nightmare. After much trying we eventaully had to ask a family member to put the metal caps onto the wheels so we could fix them to the trailer. I can't understand why the manufacturer couldn't just have used nuts and bolts, it'd have been so much easier!

All in all it's a nice little toy, however, it really is small! My son is 14 months old, but nearer the size of a 2 year old, and honestly, this will never be big enough for him when he's 3! So I'd say this was great for a small or average sized one year old, but don't buy it if your child is nearer to 2 or 3, as they won't get much use of it, the seat unit really is small.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lovely but very little red tractor., 6 Jan 2010
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
I bought this tractor for my son's 1st birthday. I presumed it would be the same 'standard size' as all the other play tractors I've seen at playgroups,fun farms etc. Unfortunately, it is very small and although my son is average size, I think he'll outgrow it before he's 2.
I had hoped he'd be able to share it with his 3 year old (average-sized) sister, but she looked absolutely ridiculous sat on it and has independently labelled it a 'baby toy' and doesn't go near it (although she enthusiastically plays on the tractors at toddler groups!)
I'm sure my son will continue to have great fun on this nice looking bright red tractor for the next year and then perhaps we can encourage him to use it to push around his teds or dolls! Personally, I wish I'd spent more or gone for a make I recognised and got him a tractor that could have seen him through his playgroup years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Falk Tractor and Trailer, 27 Dec 2009
M. I. Barr (Lichfielkd, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
This is a smashing little tractor and trailer which I have just given to my grandson for his first birthday. He will eventually get the hang of pushing it along. BUT the instructions for putting it all together were diabolical. A splodgy photocopy, with no reference numbers to parts and completely unrecognisable pictures. It took a fair amount of common sense and patience, but was worth it in the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Falk Case 120, 17 Dec 2009
TJ Martin "TJM" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
On opening he box initial thoughts were of despair, there was plastic swarf in the box, the main body of it rattled as there is some plastic or something in there. Its a shame the makers haven't spent an extra 5 mins on it as its really not the best finished toy, the steering bar was very roughly drilled/finished so the bolt needed quite a bit of persuasion to get through.

However, once the stickers are applied it looks good and seems quite sturdy.

Have to wait and see what my little boy thinks of it on christmas day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Assembly instructions for Dads!!!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
To long-suffering Dads out there! I have literally, this minute, finished assembling this tractor. It's a cute little thing but the assembly instructions are laughable. I spent ages wondering what the two hollow white tubes provided were for, and eventually, I realised that you have to attach the axle to the wheels by hammering seven shades out of it with a lump hammer. The hollow white tubes are to put on the end of the axle cap so you can smack away with your hammer without destroying the metal cap. There is a hilarious moment when you have to balance the whole trailer, on its side, on one small white tube, whilst you bash away at the other end. My wife and I did it with a team effort. There are also two large plastic discs, about 4cm across which had no purpose at all. I think they are there to protect something in transit but mine fell off. Finally, the holes in the centre of the wheels where the axle passes through have to be broken through with a screwdriver. Is it really too much to ask Falk to do this in the factory!?! Anyway, the toy looks like fun and it wasn't too pricey... I really hope this helps someone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 29 May 2009
This review is from: Falk Case IHCVX 120 Tractor and Trailer Ride-on (Toy)
good sturdy little ride on, my 20 month old will no doubt enjoy it over the next couple of years.