4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to an engaging sitcom
This series was obviously inspired by the superb "Beiderbeck Affair" in which James Bolam starred with Barbara Flynn. As in the third and final Beiderbeck (Beiderbeck Connection) the series seems to flounder a bit without a good comic background plot.
Published on 7 April 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars An Old series with familiar faces.
Well known and quality performers in an interesting format. Not as amusing as when first seen but worth a look at a bargain price.
Published on 12 Dec 2012 by D. W. Sellars

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to an engaging sitcom, 7 April 2006
Amazon Customer (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
However this is the first of the five seasons that the sitcom ran from 1991 to 1994 comprising in all forty nine episodes.
Fortunately Faith Greyshott (Bellingham) and Bill McGregor (Bolam) make a good couple tentatively starting out on a new relationship after their divorces. The obstacles in their way are Bill's ex wife Liza (Lang) who is very good as a kind of devils advocate meddling in the burgeoning relationship. I feel Faith's two children Hannah (Sawalha) and Joe (Denham) accept Bill rather too readily, missing good comic opportunities.
As with all first seasons things have to settle down and there is every indication this will be a warm and engaging series, (I missed it on TV) and I am looking forward to Season 2 which comprises twelve episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 15 Nov 2006
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
What a lovely and gentle humourous TV programme. All the gentle subtle humour mixed together. For my wife and myself it gave us many hours of pleasure. We had seen it originally when it was first on television but to go back and have it in our DVD collection is a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tale of a modern family, 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
One reviewer hilariously told us ' this comedy may not appeal to people under 50' lol, I mean? How old did that reviewer think second thoughts was? 70 yrs Perhaps?

It was made in the not tooo far away 1990's for goodness sake.
I thought it seemed more or less modern, its a comedy setting, but Most subjects therein are eternal and quite funny too, its not that gentle.
Lynda bellingham is excellent in this role, she is a consumately fantastic actress with superb comedy timing, she shines in this.

It has stood the test of time, I was 17 when this first started, I followed the series at the time and faith in the future too, I'm older now, but not yet 50 ahem! (That's too funny) and it looks ok to me? Not that much has changed fundamentally.
Great show, lol moments, james bolam fab, nadia swahalahlala is good too.

I enjoy the show as do many that I know of, and I am a little sad for lynda at this time, but also happy for her good legacy she gives to us all , prayers and the most hopefull thoughts for you lynda right now, your a lovely gal, too young to vital to go right now, we all hope a miracle can reallly happen for you and your family, and in all of your valient efforts, you've given joy and hope to human beings everywhere, and we truly noticed your best that you have, and had. To give, both as a woman, a human being, and an actress, long may you live in every sense of those words.
God bless you lynda!
We shall not ever forget you for as long as we shall live!!! xo luv.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has stood the test of time, 28 April 2009
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
'Second Thoughts', along with 'Faith in the Future' have been two of my favourite TV series over the years. It was good to see that this witty and realistic comedy, with a theme that is familiar to many, has lost nothing of its appeal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cast, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this series and the humour has stood the test of time and I laugh even when I know what is going to happen next. Great family fun and money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great british comedy, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Because I,ve lived abroad for many years I,ve missed a lot of sit-coms and thoroughly enjoyed this one which stars some of my favourite actors

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Thoughts, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been listening to this on the radio recently and decided to search online for the DVD. So pleased when I found it, at such a good price too. It was delivered very quickly too, and in excellent condition. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Thoughts series 1, 5 Mar 2013
Miss H. Dodd - See all my reviews
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
If you are a fan of just Second Thoughts it is so funny and light hearted show you would defferly what to get all the series it is worth buying and you would LOVE all of them I LOVE them so much. They come to you 1st class by post.

5.0 out of 5 stars second thought series 1 dvd, 7 Mar 2012
Derek Bird - See all my reviews
This review is from: Second Thoughts - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
this was a great buy great value for money postage was very fast , i was very pleased with this product ,thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars An Old series with familiar faces., 12 Dec 2012