1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars game for fan or japanese animation lover only, 27 April 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saint Seiya (PS2) (Video Game)
Ok let's go straight to the point, st Seiya (or knight of the zodiac) battle of sanctuary game is aiming at fan only hence the title. For those who does not know the manga or the anime (series and OVA)here a basic explanation. St Seiya is a manga (anime) published around mid-80's but still very good even by today standard. The story is about knight fighting for Athena against other knights. Each knight represent a constellation (i.e: pegasus, dragon, andromeda, phonix, taurus and so on).

- The game have the PS2 graphic so don't expect god of war or uncharted graphic level.
- the game allow you to play the story of the saints who had to fight the gold saint in order to save athena. This part of the game is the adaptation of vol 8 to 15 in the manga series (28 in total)or from episode 60 to 80 in the anime (not sure it really accurate but there are 115 episode)
- For the UK audience I don't think it will a winner cause the anime as the manga had not been widely broadcasted very well, beecause you really have to know the manga or the anime in order to understand the game straight away and enjoy the game it will confusr a lot of people and the story can be a bit of a let down. Note that for the rest of Europe it should not be a problem.
- In the other hand if you are a fan or know a little bit about the manga you would expect much more characters.

I have to say I play 1h cause i got it recently, there are not much characteres and modes to unlock.

My advice is, if you are fan of Japanese animes and/or just want to see something else, that game could be for you. For other people who just want a retro fighting game not too much technical, you can have some fun to.

As For me I belong to the fan category, I am a fan of the anime since I am 7 years old (I have all the mangas and animes). So here my personal (bias) point of view

- The game is very close to the manga.
- The graphics are medium, and to be honest I would have prefer an animes graphics style rather than 3D
- The game is medium technical (I am playing a lot of street fight or king of fighter games)
- The game which is the 1st on PS2 should have start from the beginning and not from the gold saint saga. It's a DVD format and adding more charactere should not a problem (hence why I did not put the maximum rating)

Saint Seiya (PS2)
Saint Seiya (PS2) by Namco Bandai (PlayStation2)