5.0 out of 5 stars Let’s Have It!!!
I already had (and loved) ‘Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Workout’ when I received this for my birthday. The original Pump It Up was inspired by Eric Prydz's raunchy aerobic workout in his music video for 'Call On Me', and this DVD continues along the same theme...in Miami! You'll need about two metres square to complete the workout...
Published on 17 Nov 2005 by JustMe

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous - not for beginners!!
Along with a lot of the other reviewers, I also had the original 'Pump It Up' with Deanne Berry and thought it fabulous! However, this beach version is not a patch on the original. Although the music is great, there are a number of moves within the DVD which are extremely dangerous and should NOT be attempted by anyone new to exercise. As already mentioned, the stretches...
Published on 14 May 2006 by sharski

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!, 31 May 2005
This review is from: Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - The Ultimate Beach Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I've got the first pump it up video and think its brilliant!! This one however is not! Its a whole different cast and it seems as though the instructor (with her very non sexy accent) is more concerned with what you look like while exercising rather than the actual exercise. Although some of the moves are rather unnecessarily complicated the exercises are very low impact and hardly made me sweat at all never mind get out of breath. The instructor is also not very good at explaining the moves or letting you know you are about to change moves.
Some things that let the first pump it up video down have been improved though as the bums and tums section has been extended and the cool down has been shortened as it was rather ridiculously long in the first.
It has a 5 minute warm up, 30 min workout, 15 min bums and tums and 5 minute cool down.
Also theres something weird about the instructors legs!! They seem strangely bendy!! Also I thought bouncing on stretches and stretching your neck went out of fashion with the leg warmers and although leg warmers are now back I don't think unsafe exercising is!!
The music isn't very exilerating and I didn't enjoy this video at all!! I'm going to be selling it and going back to the very good nell mcandrew and first pump it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, so not as physically demanding as the others..., 9 Mar 2007
...BUT I really like this exercise DVD. The soundtrack is the best of all of them I reckon, and the toning section really gives results quite quickly (provided you do at least that one section near enough daily!) The dance/cardio section may not be as long and as tough as on the previous pump it ups; but is perfect if you want a shortish, sharp routine that can be carried out daily. I do tend to mix with other workouts, but I always enjoy this and although some have said the moves are hard to pick up- by the 2nd or 3rd go you'll be fine! Would recommend this to people with little to no dance and workout experience, right through to those with plenty!

4.0 out of 5 stars Object of My Desire, 26 Feb 2006
Veronica (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Let me start by saying how much I adore the first exercise DVD in this series (Pump It Up Ultimate Dance Workout). I was really excited when I bought this one and couldn’t wait to try it out. The idea behind Ministry of Sound fitness DVDs is that they have recognisable dance songs alongside scantily clad young female dancers (and the one obligatory male dancer) doing a dance-aerobics workout. I certainly enjoyed this new addition to the collection, Beach Body, and I think the music is just as good if not better than the first DVD, but the exercises are just not quite up to the same standard.
The new exercise instructor is Fiona Fagen, who I really liked. She is warm, motivating and genuine. The only slight criticism is that she doesn’t always call the moves out before you do them, or warn you of what’s next, so sometimes you find yourself floundering when the dancers change steps. That isn’t too bad, though, because you get used to it the more times you watch the DVD.
The workout is just under an hour. The sections are:
1) 5 mins warm up – pretty standard, stretches, a bit of leaping about
2) 30 mins aerobics – great songs and a lot of great moves, but the duration and intensity of the exercises is not as tough as the two 20 minute sections on the first Pump It Up DVD. There are also some stretching breaks between the moves which are not needed when you want to build up the intensity and sweat.
3) 15 mins toning exercises – extremely punishing routine of sit-ups, press-ups, leg raises etc…I was exhausted just watching them do it :-) and spent quite a lot of time flopping on my exercise mat rather than following along.
4) 5 min or so cool down – stretching and yoga type moves
So, as I’ve said, the main negative point in comparison to the first Pump It Up DVD is that the aerobics section it isn’t as difficult and you don’t get as good a workout from it (although the toning section is much longer than the first DVD). However, the Beach Body DVD is still much better than a lot of other fitness DVDs out there just because of the great music, the fun instructor and the energetic and enjoyable moves. The Miami scenery is also gorgeous; you can *almost* imagine that you’re there with the wind in your hair!
Overall, I recommend this DVD. I prefer the first Ministry of Sound one, and would urge people to buy that one first, but this is good for alternating with or as part of a routine of other DVDs, as it’s fun and effective.
JoAnne

3.0 out of 5 stars pump it up, 8 Jun 2005
The follow up to Pump it Up - not as good as the first one. This workout consists of a 5 min warm up, 30 min dance/aerobic based routine, a good tums and bums section and a 5 min cool down. Its a shame they didn't keep the original crew from the first DVD, this instructor is hard to follow - to busy posing in front of the camera to worry about explaining the moves. Nevertheless a good tums and bums workout. The workout was not as tough as the first Pump it Up but perhaps alternating the bums and tums section with the first Pump it Up's dance section would be a good combo. And yes girls there is the token bloke in the background but not as nice as the original bloke!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, still fun but not as good as the first!, 13 Jun 2005
Philip Bedford (Henlow, Beds) - See all my reviews
I love the first Pump it up and was actually excited about this when i saw it on the shelf. I've waited for a couple of weeks before reviewing to see if I could get the hang of it as the instructor isn't as good as the first and is too busy trying to make you look sexy than explaining the steps to you! I have now mastered the moves and although it isn't as tough as the first one it is a good one to do if you're feeling tired at the end of the day and don't feel like working out - for me who prefers to do workouts when i get in from work rather than in the monring, it is a good compromise which i am now alternating with the first one, nell mcAndrew's workouts and Dan Karaty's hotpants one. As the two weeks have gone by i have warmed to this much more and am enjoying it now i know what i'm doing and yes agree the bums section is better in this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - The Ultimate Beach Body Workout, 1 May 2009
Aspasia Thoma - See all my reviews
This work out is awesome!! I have not tried the earlier version that other reviewers are talking about but I got addicted to this work out from the beginning!! It is the only work out that I have managed to stick to. It is fun , energetic and Fiona's presentation style is very motivating!! It makes you feel good about yourself and you want to come back to it the next day!! Even though I have bought other Ministry of Sound workout DVDs like the "pump it up dancemix" and the "Urban workout"...I always go back to Fiona's to be sure to look my best for the beach in the summer!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars No good!, 1 Nov 2007
A. Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't like this DVD at all - the cardio section wasn't high-energy enough for me to get out of breath and the girls on the screen are super-skinny - not something you could easily achieve (or want to?!) through simple exercises like these. Disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you coming back for more, 14 Jan 2007
Out of all the Pump it Up series of workouts, this is probably the easiest, but nevertheless it is still a very very fun workout to do. It usually takes me awhile to get motivated to start my workouts, so normally I would start of with this workout first and then finish off with a more advanced type workout. The best thing I like about this workout is the music of course. It is absolutely fantastic. Fiona the instuctor is wonderful too. She is a really talented dancer, and I love watching her move. It is really inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 8 Jun 2005
The first great thing about this DVD is the music - I know its not the first thing you'd look into when buying a dance fitness DVD, but I think if you enjoy the music, it encourages you to do the exercise!
Also its great fun. I find myself wanting to workout to this DVD instead of doing something else which I would usually find more entertaining.
The extended bums and tums section is also fantastic!
I can really feel it's working and I recommend this DVD to anyone who wants to have fun whilst working out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Third of series much better, 22 April 2006
A. baxter (UK) - See all my reviews
Ok so i don't know how good the first of these was, but the third one which has the same instructor as this is much better.

This one is more fun and more "dance" like and has a great soundtrack but it takes much longer to pick up the moves and she doesn't give enough instruction. I still enjoy it once i've finally worked out what i am doing however.

In the third one however she gives more instruction and seems to know what she's doing....you also feel like youre getting more of a workout and burning more calories.

If you are thinking of buying one of these dvd's go for the third: Pump It Up ~ High Energy

ARRAY(0xa718e4e0)