5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL
Published on 19 April 2008 by D. Hoskin

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother ...
Published on 2 Mar 2008 by A. Reiser

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother ..., 2 Mar 2008
A. Reiser - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I bought this monitor approx 12 months ago and have put up with the interference ever since. When I switch it on, half the time it sounds loke an aircraft landing!! The noise it makes is awful! Changing channels to no avail, all you can do is wait one minute for it to stop. You can experience the same interference at any time during the day (not happened at night .. YET!)

Also another annoying "feature" is the fact that you have to switch on the parent monitor within 1 minute (or whatever the short time is) otherwise it loses its connection with the base monitor. End result is you have to wait until baby is fast asleep before tiptoeing back into the room and pressing the base monitor on again ... sigh.

I bought a BT digital baby monitor when number two baby came along recently. It was the same price, but the difference .. !! 100% better! I didn't know what crystal clear sound meant, until I bought the BT one. And rechargable batteries! I shall be purchasing a second BT monitor just as soon as I've finished this review!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tomy Classic Baby Monitor, 30 Oct 2007
V. Simms (Huddersfield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I've had this monitor for 4 weeks and I've decided that its so unreliable I'm going to have to get another one. Its range is terrible. We have an attic bedroom and our baby's bedroom is on the floor below and it still says its out of range! Unless you've got a house with no ceilings or walls, don't bother with this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Trust? Tomy to make sure you and your baby are never out of reach, 27 Nov 2007
Yiannakis Demetriou "YD" (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
This monitor keeps picking up other radio connections, it is very noisy all the time and keeps running out of batteries every 2-3 days making an annoying beep when it's near the end! Note that we do not keep it on batteries for long time. Probably 1-2 hours a day.
With the money I pay on batteries I could get a much nicer digital baby monitor with rechargable batteries.
In fact I will do so!

5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL, 19 April 2008
D. Hoskin "Forrest" (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I read that other people have had problem with this monior but we have used tomy monitors on all 3 of our kids and are currently using this one on our 7 month old and we have NEVER had problems. We have clear reception 24/7. It has the advantage of 2 settings, 1 you can have it turned on constantly or 2 where it will only come alive when your baby cries, it has multi volume levels and channels, as well as cry reacting lights and brilliant roaming range, we used that when our son was smaller and we had to nip out into the garden, no problems. In tomy we do trust and always will do, why pay stupid money when this does what you NEED and that is to hear your baby cry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Monitor, 13 May 2010
Mrs. K. J. Hunt (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
I purchased the Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby monitor to use when looking after my granddaughter. It was good value for money and is very easy to set up and use. I didn't want something too complicated and didn't need video/ or visual aid.
Gives me peace of mind and does exactly what it says on the box.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor life-span, 7 Sep 2009
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We've had this monitor for around four months and while we could put up with the constant hiss of background noise for a while, the recieving monitor's speaker decided to stop intermittenly after four months. Thinking it was on the sound activation setting we opened the back to find it wasn't on, but was faulty. Heard bad things about this monitor since, so we've decided to get a refund on this and buy something else that isn't Tomy. When it comes to my child's safety I think I'll go for something more reliable... This is a BAD BUY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're hard of hearing, 17 Dec 2009
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
This unit works with a Nightingale Pillow Vibration unit (from a different supplier) to wake me (I'm pretty deaf without my hearing aids) when my baby cries. I've never had any problems with reception or sound quality (and that's with my "ears" in so I do know what I'm talking about) and I'm pretty impressed with it overall. The only annoying factor is the consumption of batteries of the parent unit when it's not plugged in beside my bed - why on earth doesn't it have recharging like a radio phone?

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish i'd never bothered, 24 Sep 2009
S. mccall "EmMc" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The interference on this monitor is terrible. After a few months use I now know what it must feel like to have tinnitus, the constant buzzing on my Tomy monitor is like Japanese water torture!!!! I have now ordered a zero interference guaranteed Dect monitor. Hopefully they are better; the Tomy monitor kept me up at night more than my new baby did. I wouldn't recommend these speakers to anyone and am shocked that they won so many parent magazine awards (my reason for buying in the first place).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, great price., 28 Feb 2009
Mr. K. P. Flynn (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
These monitors are great, for the price they have way more features than any others on the market. Remote control night light meaning you can turn it on and off without going into the babys room. Talk button to reassure your baby and if you flick the switch on the inside of the bat compartment in the baby unit you can only hear sound when your baby makes a noise. No more constant buzzing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, good price, 8 Feb 2010
Ms. S. Reppe "peeptoe" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tomy Walkabout Classic Advance Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We have used this monitor everyday for the last 4 years and it has been very reliable - only fault is when it is working off batteries as its range is not as good but otherwise its great value for money. Would recommend!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›