4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the older tv's out there
Published on 26 Oct 2006 by J. Hyatt

1.0 out of 5 stars Philex RC026 SP Universal remote control
Published on 22 Feb 2007 by Mark Elmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Philex RC026 SP Universal remote control, 22 Feb 2007
Mark Elmer "Markie Mark" (North Harrow, Middx, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
If it was possible to give this CHEAP PIECE OF RUBBISH 0 points I would!! I spent some two hours following the instructions trying to get this item tuned to my Panasonic TV a brand that it says it covers!! It does not!! I am quite good with TV & other such things so I know I wasn't making a mistake. This is just a poor piece of equipment & I would tell people not to buy it. I demanded a refund from amazon & have got it but save yourselves the bother & avoid this like you would avoid someone like Jade Gooding!!......Because its that bad!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked 1 in 4 of my devices., 26 Dec 2006
J. G. Brown Jnr (Stockport U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
I bought one of these to replace a worn Sky digibox remote after I read, ' loaded with the latest Sky and Sky plus codes'. I tried the one code in the supplied leaflet, which is listed under Sky, and it didn't work my box.

So I tried it on my Metronic Sat box (using the one listed Metronic Sat code) and it wouldn't work that either. Then I tried it on my DVD recorder, no code is listed in the leaflet so I used auto search, again no joy.

Finally, my Philips TV, some buttons worked but when the menu came up I couldn't move left, right, up or down. On all of these devices, I tried auto search several times with no success.

My conclusion, this is the least effective multi-device remote control I have ever bought, and if my experience is anything to go by, it doesn't work too many devices, but I'll give it one star because it partly worked my TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Compatibility problems and poor sensitivity, 21 Dec 2006
Peter Guymer (Provence, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
I ordered this remote to replace a Magician-4 remote which has gone on the blink. I wanted to control my Sony 50" LCD TV, a Panasonic Sky receiver and an LG Combi DVD/VCR.

Given that all my gear is quite recent and that the previous remote managed to control all these I was very disappointed with the functionality of the Philex remote.

The best I could achieve on the TV was the on/off, channel change and volume controls - no other buttons worked.

On the Sky receiver most buttons worked, except bizarrely, the red button.

For the DVD recorder, unsurprisingly, very little worked - you could not possible program a recording for example.

It may be that I was just unlucky with my particular equipment - what was totally unacceptable though was the poor sensitivity of the remote - no unit would react unless the remote was pointed directly at the unit's IR sensor whereas the Magician 4 could be pointed in any direction from up to 5 metres away.

Happily a refund is on its way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the older tv's out there, 26 Oct 2006
J. Hyatt "Joe" (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
I just thought I'd mention something about this remote that may be of help. I'd been searching for a cheap remote that would operate the brightness, contrast and colour functions on my tv for a long time (including several purchases that failed to do the job). Since I can't control them via my tv and my original remote is broken I have been watching things in darkness for months! This did the job perfectly thanks to it's shift function and was reasonably easy to set up. Cheaper than any of the others I've bought to! So if, like me, you're looking for a replacement remote for an old tv that doesn't have a menu function I'd highly recommend it.

No batteries supplied, hence the 4 stars only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
Had to purchase one of these after buying a second hand DVD Player without a remote. Easy to program to specific models and is relatively simple to use despite the number of face buttons!

2.0 out of 5 stars Universally known for jack-...., 19 Dec 2008
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
Well I wish I could go back in time and smack myself before purchasing this. Its great if it works on your tv (which it did for me) but it takes a long time to set up and it doesnt work on all tvs (despite being "universal").

If you get this remote your a brave gambler. Buy yourself a new tv rather than this remote

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 9 July 2007
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control (Accessory)
This is not worth buying even if it is cheap. It's still a waste of money.

Philex 4 - Way Universal remote control