• Touch

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 May 2005
I first heard Amerie when she released her stunning single 'Why Don't We Fall In Love' back in 2001 (i think!) and when i heard this, her debut album, plus her collaborations with Nas, LL Cool J, Ludacris and DJ KaySlay, i instantly wondered why this girl hadn't had enough publicity in the UK- she is AMAZING!!! Her lyrics are soul-fresh, her beats are incredibly catchy and her voice is fantastic!!!!
Then, when she released '1 Thing' off her new album- o m g! Amerie is back and i can tell she is gonna be heard a lot more!
I think this song is my favourite on the album because it's so upbeat and its different from other r'n'b stuff around at the moment. 'Can we go' and 'Falling' are my other two fave tracks because, again, her style stands out above the usual and often genric R'n'B!
You should definitely buy this album! Its amazing!
I can't compare her to other R'n'B stars because her style is totally individual but i guarantee, if u like the following: Aaliyah (R.I.P God Bless), Ashanti, Mary J. Blige, Blu Cantrell, Utada Hiraku and/or Faith Evans, you will certainly adore Amerie- i know i do! Also, a lot of her beats/music reminds me of Lil' Kims music too- though not the lyrics!!
Happy Listening, to i think, one of the best albums of the year!
VINE VOICEon 6 January 2006
Not being in touch with the R&B scene as I once was, Amerie only came to my notice upon seeing 'Hitch', which featured her massive single `1 Thing'. From there I borrowed a copy of this CD to see if the rest of the songs came up to scratch. For me the best moments on this CD, are when the producers get that `Retro Vibe' going on. 1 Thing is the classic example. By using a portion of a Meteor sample, they have built a new song around it, that upon first hearing, I thought could have been from the seventies. `Rollin Down my Face', by using a Roy Ayers sample (Searching), also falls into this category. Sampling old tunes in this way, meets my approval, as it is cleverly done, and doesn't song as if the singer/rapper are performing over an instrumental version of the original (a la P Diddy, or whatever he is calling himself nowadays). All I Need. With it's speeded up vocals sound goods, and I loved the collaboration with Nas, on the UK Album version, of 'Man up', with it's 80's feeling vibe.The remainder of the CD is really no different to what's out there at this moment in time, but the retro vibe mentioned is enough reason for me to consider buying this CD.
on 15 May 2005
I'd heard of Amerie but didn't think I'd like her stuff very much. I spent a week listening to Touch on I-tunes, trying to figure out if I liked it or not until I just could'nt not listen to it so I bought it and I love it..Its all exciting stuff, very fun,funky,sexy and fresh...She's got the whole "beyonce, crazy in love" sound with "1 thing" and also like a less poppy Jennifer Lopez, A less Hip-hoppy Ashanti and kinda Aaliyahish...I really like "rollin down my face", "Touch" and "Just like me". Generally very impressed and a very good listen. Go for this one!!!
on 3 July 2007
I bought this album because it was on offer for a fiver and i didnt really like '1 thing' ( but i love it now!) , so i gave it a go and it is just like a better version of Beyonces b'day!

1. 1 Thing - 1st Single - brilliant catchy song , brill choice for a single! 10/10

2. All I Need - I, personally Think that this song doesn't fit with the rest of the album because its kind of odd 5/10

3. Touch - 2nd single - Love this song! 10/10

11. Falling - 1 WORD : FANTASTIC 10/10

12. 1 Thing (feat eve) - Great with eve!!! 10/10

13. Why Don't We Fall in Love [Richcraft Remix]- 1 WORD: BRILL 10/10

OVERALL RATING: 10/10

THE ONLY TRACK WORTH SKIPPING IS 'ALL I NEED'
on 3 May 2005
I recieved this album and was so nervous about listening to it!! Amerie's first album, All I Have, is one of my favourite albums ever, so I really thought I was going to be disappointed by her sophomore attempt. How wrong was I!?
The classic Amerie sound - the harmonising that was so strongly present on her first album thankfully is back. It's a sound that makes her stand out among other artists in my opinion: I don't think anyone sounds so good singing over themselves!
From the popular '1 Thing' to the screaming bhangra beats of 'Touch', from the go-go style 'Come With Me' to the beautiful 'Just Like Me', this album is fantastic. If you enjoyed All I Have, you'll be happy to know that Amerie's style hasn't changed, so go get this.
on 17 May 2005
This has to be the best album i have bought from Amazon. Well Kasabian and Fatboy Slims new albums come very close. But this, the girl has such a strong voice. Very refreshing. It's similar to Beyonce, Ashanti, J-lo, but soooo much better. I don't know if i'm aloud to say this on here but i always check out the sound at iTunes and if i like the whole album i'll buy it at Amazon.
Very cool!
on 4 June 2005
She's baaaaack! After dropping the best album of '02 Amerie is back with her follow up Touch.
From the infectious smash hit 1 thing to the heartfelt falling Amerie has done it again! Do not sleep on this album because you will regret it, Amerie (also Teedra Moses) is one of the few R&B Soul singers out there right now who are truly worth listening to, don't be fooled by those singers who grab your attention with over hyped and stagnant producers as well as faddy beats (crunk)...give real music a chance.
For the record Amerie worked with Rich Harrison before Beyonce did and 1 thing does not sound like crazy in love...there is no need to compare the two.
VINE VOICEon 6 October 2005
Fortunately, the album is much, much better than it looks, so once you get past that stoned-looking young woman in the fishnet stockings and weird clothes, you're in for a treat. Come on people - this woman's pretty - you can do better than that for a cover shot.
This is Amerie's second album, coming after her 2002 Gold album "All I Have", and promises much bigger rewards with hit songs like "1 Thing", "Talkin' About" and "Touch", plus other goodies like "All I Need", "Come With Me" and the bonus remix of "Why Don't We Fall in Love"(her first hit.)
The single "1 Thing" got a bit of a boost from the "Hitch" soundtrack, which couldn't have hurt a bit, but there are a couple of songs that could have used a little more tweaking to make them stand out from the standard R&B fare. All in all though it's a great follow-up album.
Amanda Richards
on 13 January 2013
I love it, its got upbeat tracks, relaxing tracks and songs inbetween!
Amerie deserves more credit than she is given! She's just as good and in many cases, much better than many of the half witted, yawling, whining little madams in the music scene at the moment.
Definitely worth the purchase. 'Talkin' About' is probably my favourite, it's very get up and go! Great in the morning to pump you up for the day. hahahaha....
on 21 July 2005
This album by AMERIE is great. It has dancey tunes and RNB everything in one brilliant album. You could listen to all the songs and never ever get bored of them. The best track on the album has to be '1 thing' everytime i hear it i've just got to get up and dance. It's a song where you just can't sit still while it's on.
Overall a magnificent album by a great up and coming artist.